Pro Wrestling Updates

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.wwe.com/titlehistory/wwe-championship

So much ugly in the present belts. Other than the red & blue leather, the tag belts may be the best ones they have currently. I can't say whether I actually like them. I am not sure. But they are not nearly as bad as the rest IMO.
Yeah. I think they’ve changed so many titles for the worse. But at least the tag belts aren’t ‘big pennies’ anymore. I liked the previous US Title with the flag featured more prominently as well.

Now I’m curious as to exactly how they crown this new Heavyweight Champion. In my opinion, something this big should take longer than a month’s time.

I think you could actually get months of interest with a huge tournament, building up the legitimacy along the way. Seems like a lost opportunity.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Yeah. I think they’ve changed so many titles for the worse. But at least the tag belts aren’t ‘big pennies’ anymore. I liked the previous US Title with the flag featured more prominently as well.

Now I’m curious as to exactly how they crown this new Heavyweight Champion. In my opinion, something this big should take longer than a month’s time.

I think you could actually get months of interest with a huge tournament, building up the legitimacy along the way. Seems like a lost opportunity.
I forgot about the big pennies. Ugh......

Yeah, I agree. I've only read a little about what they are doing. While Night of Champions seems like a good PPV for it just by the name, they should have set it for Summerslam at the earliest.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I forgot about the big pennies. Ugh......

Yeah, I agree. I've only read a little about what they are doing. While Night of Champions seems like a good PPV for it just by the name, they should have set it for Summerslam at the earliest.
I think they have a great opportunity to build up a really talented but underrated guy like Chad Gable but it’s likely to be the same 10-12 names that are always involved in this type of thing.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you mean to say Cody Rhodes?

:laugh:
That’s my expectation as well.

And then they’ll be trying to tell everyone how it’s not a consolation prize’ and very obviously a secondary title. When THEY THEMSELVES are showing all of us that IT CLEARLY IS.

That’s what putting it on Cody after that Wrestlemania loss would be.

rags

Reaction score
Programming note:

Because TNT is covering the Stanley Cup Playoffs tonight, tonight's episode of AEW Rampage will be shown this afternoon at 4:30 Central.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was reported that AEW’s new Saturday night show is believed to be called Collision and will air on TNT starting June 17th 2023. Dave Meltzer wrote that CM Punk is scheduled to be on the debut show “along with what is expected to be either another major name debut or return.”
Anyone who wants to know who that is PM me.

rags

Reaction score
Programming note:

If you missed last Friday night's episode of Smackdown, FS1 will show it 2 times tonight. The first time is at 6:00 Central. The second time is at 11:00 Central.

rags

Reaction score
Anyone remember the name Phillip Thomas? He's the guy that broke into Sonya Deville's home in August of 2020 with the aim of kidnapping her. He has been sentenced to 15 years in prison, followed by 15 years of probation in a plea bargain deal.

rags

Reaction score
There's a rumor going around that former NXT star and WWE callup JD Mcdonagh is being considered as a new member of the heel faction The Judgment Day.

Yay or nay?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's a rumor going around that former NXT star and WWE callup JD Mcdonagh is being considered as a new member of the heel faction The Judgment Day.

Yay or nay?
Is he replacing someone or an addition?

Either way is a yay. Really like this kid.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yay or nay?
Yay! Absolutely!
:thumbup:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is he replacing someone or an addition?

Either way is a yay. Really like this kid.
He’s fantastic inside the ring and out. And I think adding him to The Judgement Day is a win-win. Strengthens the group, and gives him help acclimating to the main roster.

And I know he and Finn have been close since Devlin was 12 years old.