Profound Grief 19 Children, 2 Teachers Dead In Texas School Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthoftheRedRiver

Reaction score
I'd hate to be a local taxpayer. There will be judgments of bazillions for the families, and rightly so. No punishment for the (soon to be retiring) head cops. But the honest, hardworking citizens will be on the hook for all this.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Charges? That is completely insane.

Do you know what a command chain is?

Police do NOT have an obligation to help or protect. Been ruled that way in a number of cases. So yeah, they won't face any sort of legal repercussions.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Charges? That is completely insane.
Do you know what a command chain is?
What's insane is 100 cops fully protected listening to your idiotic so called command chain sergeant/supervisor telling them not to do anything while they're all standing there with their tails between their legs listening to children crying & having their heads blown off. Sickening & humiliating.

They just stood there. No doubt in my mind there WILL be charges. And I'm not the only one thinking criminal charges should take place. If everyone listened to a command chain/supervisor, there would be no heroes.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I can't either Creeper. You know how the media is. Question is, will Uvalde cops face criminal charges for waiting to storm the classroom?!

What's insane is 100 cops fully protected listening to your idiotic so called command chain sergeant/supervisor telling them not to do anything while they're all standing there with their tails between their legs listening to children crying & having their heads blown off. Sickening & humiliating.

They just stood there. No doubt in my mind there WILL be charges. And I'm not the only one thinking criminal charges should take place. If everyone listened to a command chain/supervisor, there would be no heroes.
There will be no criminal charges against any of the cops. No matter how much your heart desires them. Law enforcement has no responsibility to protect anyone. So sayeth the Supreme Court.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Do we know if there were any social workers on the scene?
How the current anti-police sentiment, and the possibility of facing charges for shooting someone, may have affected the thought processes of some of the cops at the scene is something I haven't seen brought up.

It's no excuse but it possibly factored in.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Police do NOT have an obligation to help or protect. Been ruled that way in a number of cases. So yeah, they won't face any sort of legal repercussions.
Correct sure people will get fired and the blame game will play until the next big media's tory and this one will quietly go away. The city or county will be sued, tax payer money and insurance will pay the victims families. Most of the cops will be hired on in other towns who are running short on cops and some of the higher ups will retire and fade into the sunset.

A few years later there will be a similar situation and people will a t shocked like it has never happened before.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Correct sure people will get fired and the blame game will play until the next big media's tory and this one will quietly go away. The city or county will be sued, tax payer money and insurance will pay the victims families. Most of the cops will be hired on in other towns who are running short on cops and some of the higher ups will retire and fade into the sunset.

A few years later there will be a similar situation and people will a t shocked like it has never happened before.
Exactamundo.

Ultimately, it is our responsibility to protect ourselves and our children.

Don't expect others to do it for you.

kskboys

Reaction score

Absolutely disgusting.

It's still up to the ones in charge though.

kskboys

Reaction score
How the current anti-police sentiment, and the possibility of facing charges for shooting someone, may have affected the thought processes of some of the cops at the scene is something I haven't seen brought up.

I did, sort of, but I'm not sure if that is allowed.

kskboys

Reaction score

It's so frickin' stupid.

Hey, coppers, you guys are all horrible people, you should not go into a situation and shoot.

Horrible coppers, why didn't they shoot?

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's so frickin' stupid.

Hey, coppers, you guys are all horrible people, you should not go into a situation and shoot.

If some people didn’t have double standards, they wouldn’t have any standards at all.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
It's so frickin' stupid.

Well it's a problem when cops have used deadly force and killed people when their deaths were avoidable. The job description doesn't include judge, jury or executioner.

But there was no question what was going on here. There's an active shooter situation; people are already dying, every second he's there, more people are going to die. There were very few correct courses of action, and they took none of them.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well it's a problem when cops have used deadly force and killed people when their deaths were avoidable. The job description doesn't include judge, jury or executioner.

But there was no question what was going on here. There's an active shooter situation; people are already dying, every second he's there, more people are going to die. There were very few correct courses of action, and they took none of them.
This.

Whether there may or may not be a fear of getting in trouble. Doing nothing while a person is killing people is inexcusable. Qualified immunity for cops in these types of situations will almost always shield the cops from getting in trouble if they should make a mistake while trying to stop an active killer. Doing nothing is a different thing imo.

Creeper

Reaction score
This.

Whether there may or may not be a fear of getting in trouble. Doing nothing while a person is killing people is inexcusable. Qualified immunity for cops in these types of situations will almost always shield the cops from getting in trouble if they should make a mistake while trying to stop an active killer. Doing nothing is a different thing imo.

I agree with you to a certain extent, but I think the problem in this case was leadership. Had someone in charge just ordered the officers to go in and take the shooter out I believe they would have done it. But in the absence of leadership, the officers had no idea what was going on and who was going to do what. You cannot have dozens of cops freestyling their way into a building with no idea what each other would be doing. That's Hollywood nonsense. In this case, 1 guy with a gun would have been better than an army of cops.

Status
Not open for further replies.