Profound Grief 19 Children, 2 Teachers Dead In Texas School Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
They released video of the entire incident. Erm, viewer discretion advised. Pretty horrible stuff even if you can’t see anything. They took out sounds of the poor kids. All you can see is the idiot walking to school, in the hall, and then cops buddying up for a long freaking time in the hallway while psycho goes to town. What a $%# up. I know it’s easy for me to say this not having been in the situation but I almost think it’s instinct to go take out that nutcase fast - elementary school horror and small kids crying around you, you have a bullet proof vest, and you know 99% of the time your target is some anti-social untrained teen. Life provides rare situations where the person in charge can make a critical decision and these Uvalde chiefs have to live with their inaction the rest of their life while parents realize their kid maybe could have lived. And because of the coverup, they push the tape out, which you know some other deranged dipstick is now thinking about the same thing and is watching and living and thinking about their plans a lot more intently now.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
They released video of the entire incident. Erm, viewer discretion advised. Pretty horrible stuff even if you can’t see anything. They took out sounds of the poor kids. All you can see is the idiot walking to school, in the hall, and then cops buddying up for a long freaking time in the hallway while psycho goes to town. What a $%# up. I know it’s easy for me to say this not having been in the situation but I almost think it’s instinct to go take out that nutcase fast - elementary school horror and small kids crying around you, you have a bullet proof vest, and you know 99% of the time your target is some anti-social untrained teen. Life provides rare situations where the person in charge can make a critical decision and these Uvalde chiefs have to live with their inaction the rest of their life while parents realize their kid maybe could have lived. And because of the coverup, they push the tape out, which you know some other deranged dipstick is now thinking about the same thing and is watching and living and thinking about their plans a lot more intently now.

Barney Fife would have done better than them. Just disgraceful.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score

I could not agree more with your take. Watching that fills me with rage.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

“Protect and Serve”

Betcha prior to this all these clowns expected to be hero worshipped and comped free dinner at ever local restaurant in town.

True heroes, smh.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
They released video of the entire incident. Erm, viewer discretion advised. Pretty horrible stuff even if you can’t see anything. They took out sounds of the poor kids. All you can see is the idiot walking to school, in the hall, and then cops buddying up for a long freaking time in the hallway while psycho goes to town.
Just heard today murder charges could come against some of these cops. It will take some time before this all comes to a conclusion.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Just heard today murder charges could come against some of these cops. It will take some time before this all comes to a conclusion.
I can't say I agree with that. They should lose their jobs, but I don't think they can be held responsible criminally. I know there a few current and former LEOs on this site. I would like to hear their take on what they would have done, regardless of their orders at the time. I think I know what I would have done but as @VaqueroTD said, I've never been in that situation.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I can't say I agree with that. They should lose their jobs, but I don't think they can be held responsible criminally. I know there a few current and former LEOs on this site. I would like to hear their take on what they would have done, regardless of their orders at the time. I think I know what I would have done but as @VaqueroTD said, I've never been in that situation.
Yeah, at worst they’ll lose their jobs and be found negligent or something similar, but full blown murder charges isn’t realistic.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Me neither but to stand by with the sounds emanating from that classroom will haunt those people for the rest of their lives. Or it should.

I am surprised we haven't seen some take their own lives. Law enforcement leaders from all over the country and even in their own state have basically called them cowards.

I do not consider myself a brave man or the hero type but damned if I could stand there with a gun in my hand and let that take place. Even under orders, which I do not believe they were since the supposed leader didn't have his radio.

The best any of those in charge in other cities can make of this are the lessons learned. Well, that lesson should have been learned after the first incident like this. Are we really this challenged at learning from our mistakes?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Me neither but to stand by with the sounds emanating from that classroom will haunt those people for the rest of their lives. Or it should.

I am surprised we haven't seen some take their own lives. Law enforcement leaders from all over the country and even in their own state have basically called them cowards.

I do not consider myself a brave man or the hero type but damned if I could stand there with a gun in my hand and let that take place. Even under orders, which I do not believe they were since the supposed leader didn't have his radio.

The best any of those in charge in other cities can make of this are the lessons learned. Well, that lesson should have been learned after the first incident like this. Are we really this challenged at learning from our mistakes?
Yeah, I’m expecting we’ll be hearing reports of that sorta thing as time goes by.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Texas House has now released the incident investigation for the Uvalde incident.

I am still shifting through it but it appear that it is root cause type analysis with the focus on the police response. The "just the facts" approach is pretty damning.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Texas House has now released the incident investigation for the Uvalde incident.

I am still shifting through it but it appear that it is root cause type analysis with the focus on the police response. The "just the facts" approach is pretty damning.
Until the report was released, I did not realize there were 376 law enforcement personnel on premises.

This is the greatest failing of protect and serve in history.

Creeper

Reaction score

I just cannot see any legal basis for charging the cops with murder. Perhaps they could be dismissed for negligence or violation of some other department policy. But murder? That would be a miscarriage of justice.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Until the report was released, I did not realize there were 376 law enforcement personnel on premises.

This is the greatest failing of protect and serve in history.
In speaking to LEO friend last night, he indicated that post-Columbine, the general protocol was to engage the shooter as soon as possible and not necessarily wait for SWAT (and he was a SWAT member for several years).

While he was reluctant to draw too many conclusions from the report, he basically said the response was counter to everything being taught the past 20 years.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I just cannot see any legal basis for charging the cops with murder. Perhaps they could be dismissed for negligence or violation of some other department policy. But murder? That would be a miscarriage of justice.
I can't either Creeper. You know how the media is. Question is, will Uvalde cops face criminal charges for waiting to storm the classroom?!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish I could let this go but I can't. At first I told myself it was because it was so close to home and I have a grandson the same age as those young victims but it is more than that.

We are all victims. Every unfolding page of this just gets worse and I can only imagine the unending nightmare for those families.

But what about all of us who have young children or grandchildren, how many have awakened in a sweat imagining that was their child?

And while these 376 law enforcement people share the blame, does this not extend out? When any of us sees a cop, do we think 'would he save my child if he heard them screaming as shots rang out'?

One of cops I know here where I live is ex SWAT in Houston and he told me last week all of the officers have felt tension with people since this happened. They've caught people just looking at them. And it's not like the bad cops haven't been in the news recently so this really hits them hard.

He said he couldn't believe that all those officers just stood down with the calls and screams coming from that classroom and maybe he knew but I sure didn't know that all meant 376. That has hit me so hard. I can't even imagine that. However, I do wonder of that 376, how many actually knew what was going on. I refuse to believe many, the large majority, would not have acted if they'd known what was happening.

Creeper

Reaction score
I can't either Creeper. You know how the media is. Question is, will Uvalde cops face criminal charges for waiting to storm the classroom?!

I haven't been keeping up with the news about this, but Sun Tzu wrote that if the soldiers do not follow the commands of the generals, blame the generals. Cops can't just run Helter Skelter into a building with an active shooter and kids. That will just get more kids and cops killed. The should enter the building quickly but organized by effective leadership. Whoever was in charge seems like the guy who needs to be scrutinized.

kskboys

Reaction score
I haven't been keeping up with the news about this, but Sun Tzu wrote that if the soldiers do not follow the commands of the generals, blame the generals. Cops can't just run Helter Skelter into a building with an active shooter and kids. That will just get more kids and cops killed. The should enter the building quickly but organized by effective leadership. Whoever was in charge seems like the guy who needs to be scrutinized.
X a zillion.

kskboys

Reaction score
I wish I could let this go but I can't. At first I told myself it was because it was so close to home and I have a grandson the same age as those young victims but it is more than that.

We are all victims. Every unfolding page of this just gets worse and I can only imagine the unending nightmare for those families.

But what about all of us who have young children or grandchildren, how many have awakened in a sweat imagining that was their child?

And while these 376 law enforcement people share the blame, does this not extend out? When any of us sees a cop, do we think 'would he save my child if he heard them screaming as shots rang out'?

One of cops I know here where I live is ex SWAT in Houston and he told me last week all of the officers have felt tension with people since this happened. They've caught people just looking at them. And it's not like the bad cops haven't been in the news recently so this really hits them hard.

He said he couldn't believe that all those officers just stood down with the calls and screams coming from that classroom and maybe he knew but I sure didn't know that all meant 376. That has hit me so hard. I can't even imagine that. However, I do wonder of that 376, how many actually knew what was going on. I refuse to believe many, the large majority, would not have acted if they'd known what was happening.
It's highly possible that most of the cops there were not getting all the info.

kskboys

Reaction score
Charges? That is completely insane.

Do you know what a command chain is?

Status
Not open for further replies.