Profound Grief 19 Children, 2 Teachers Dead In Texas School Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

triplets_93

Reaction score
I am curious on exactly how the suspect got inside the classroom, and the exact timeline of who was doing what leading up to that. When tests are done with doors like this, maybe we will learn, if closing the door from just being cracked open is enough to engage the locking mechanism, vs. the door being closed from being opened wide enough for someone to exit.
It is an Exit door primarily. That is what I understand.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am curious on exactly how the suspect got inside the classroom, and the exact timeline of who was doing what leading up to that. When tests are done with doors like this, maybe we will learn, if closing the door from just being cracked open is enough to engage the locking mechanism, vs. the door being closed from being opened wide enough for someone to exit.
It is an Exit door primarily. That is what I understand.
All the insight we got up until now is all we're going to get for awhile. Apparently, the School and Police Department are no longer cooperating w/the Texas Department of Public Safety's investigation and have Lawyered-up. Looks like both entities know they're liable as heck and don't want to lay out any more rope to hang themselves. I hope the families sue the crap out of them, especially that Police Department.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/uvalde-po...ger-cooperating-texas-probe/story?id=85093405

Hoofbite

Reaction score
All the insight we got up until now is all we're going to get for awhile. Apparently, the School and Police Department are no longer cooperating w/the Texas Department of Public Safety's investigation and have Lawyered-up. Looks like both entities know they're liable as heck and don't want to lay out any more rope to hang themselves. I hope the families sue the crap out of them, especially that Police Department.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/uvalde-po...ger-cooperating-texas-probe/story?id=85093405

It's pretty awful that the tragedy itself is ultimately going to be overshadowed by incompetence. That police department screwed up horribly and they know it. There are quotes out there that make you wonder what really happened. Apparently the Chief gave an unsolicited and out-of-place statement that all victims were shot by the suspect, which given the sketchiness of the whole situation makes you wonder if that's actually the case. Did the police initially engage and have a couple of rounds go astray before backing out and setting up camp in the hallway?

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's pretty awful that the tragedy itself is ultimately going to be overshadowed by incompetence. That police department screwed up horribly and they know it. There are quotes out there that make you wonder what really happened. Apparently the Chief gave an unsolicited and out-of-place statement that all victims were shot by the suspect, which given the sketchiness of the whole situation makes you wonder if that's actually the case. Did the police initially engage and have a couple of rounds go astray before backing out and setting up camp in the hallway?
You know, I heard that theory a few days ago on another forum and instantly discarded it, but now I'm willing to entertain it. Depending on which timeline is correct, there was between 40min to ~1 hour of dwell time where no one was aggressing the active shooter and the reasons don't make sense.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
You know, I heard that theory a few days ago on another forum and instantly discarded it, but now I'm willing to entertain it. Depending on which timeline is correct, there was between 40min to ~1 hour of dwell time where no one was aggressing the active shooter and the reasons don't make sense.

I'm right there with you. It sounded unrealistic to me but then you have all the other inconsistencies. Every statement that has been made so far has only made the situation look worse.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the few positives out of this tragic situation is that active shooter drills are taken more seriously across this country even in the smallest communities because the citizens of Uvalde assumed their PD was prepared for this and have just learned the man in charge didn't even have a radio on him and had no idea of the information coming out of those two classrooms from those children.

This event is going to be textbook for every law enforcement agency regarding the critical factor, communication. That failed them and they failed the victims.

That won't help the officers there that day as this will haunt them for the rest of their lives and it will not surprise me for some to elect to take their own lives because the horror is just too hard to take.

So many victims beyond the 21 that were lost starting with the 22nd that the event itself took his life. The entire community is a victim.

And so are we and this is not political, it is merely observation. A supermarket, a school, a church and a hospital, all within the last 2 weeks and all places we should feel safe in. And this doesn't even count Chicago, which is this nation's shooting gallery.

Last edited:

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Hopefully something actually happens to the officers responsible for this tragic situation instead of everyone moving on and eventually forgetting and forgiving. Things like this have happened far too many times without anything actually being done to change things.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

I’m going with dude barricaded (I.e. locked) himself in room and cops either thought no one was in room or everyone was already dead.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Troubling new reporting offers a different account of the Uvalde Police’s response to the school shooting that left 21 people dead. The Texas Tribune’s Editor in Chief Sewell Chan shares that officers may have had more tools on hand than first thought.

Last edited:

NorthoftheRedRiver

Reaction score
Methinks a blanket of silence has been placed over this whole situation. Some people will fully understand what happened here on the law enforcement side, but I don't think the rest of us will ever know. This new world tactic of stonewalling until the news cycle moves elsewhere seems to work like a charm.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This just keeps getting worse from a prevention and protection viewpoint and the Uvalde city council is trying to hide from this. They’re dependent on people to keep their conscience in check when the know decisions made had tragic outcome.

Bad enough what these families have had to endure, this just exacerbates their anguish and it’s not right. It is crime upon crime to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.