Programming: Rhein Fire game starting now

Eskimo

Reaction score
The development of Henson into a big-league prospect would be a MAJOR, MAJOR coup for this franchise. Heck if he shows enough and we still prefer Romo, we could probably trade Henson for a 1st day pick.

Having said that, I do believe the best scenario is we keep Henson and he develops into a franchise QB because he definitely has all the physical skills, intelligence (as judged by Wonderlic) and pedigree (Michigan QB, son of a coach) to be something special.

5 Super Bowls

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
me too.
I'm also a huge Brady Quinn fan though. I'd prefer Henson turn into the second coming of Troy though since the WR draft next year is going to be so stocked.
Maybe Henson heard about Dallas talking to Whitehurst?

We should just resign Quincy as a backup. He did lead this team to a playoff birth.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
acheman said:
I like it, I wish the NFL would adapt that rule. And I consider myself to be pretty old school in my thinking.

The point of the game is to move the football closer to the opponent's goal line -- or across it. The four-point field goal rewards offenses for being worse.

I wonder which team will be first to run backward and down the football so they can attempt a four-point field goal instead of a three-pointer?

Dyluke

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
The point of the game is to move the football closer to the opponent's goal line -- or across it. The four-point field goal rewards offenses for being worse.

I wonder which team will be first to run backward and down the football so they can attempt a four-point field goal instead of a three-pointer?

:laugh2:

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
Hear Rod Woodson's quote of "Drew has all the tools to be a good QB at the next level"?

acheman

Reaction score
Yeah Adam but suppose your team trails by 4 because with no timeouts and under 1 minute. You could settle for a field goal to tie instead of losing the game with no time left to get in the end zone. Overtime is great free football. Now in the NFL maybe they could make it from 55 yards and out.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
HOLY COW!!! buying time to make a HELL OF A THROW to smith in the endzone!!!!! SWEET

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
WHat a play!

[edit]
I'm glad I TiVoed this game. Henson was sharp all day, throwing bullets.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
OH MY!

What a play by Henson...

He's playing GREAT today.

acheman

Reaction score
Sounds like Z. Smith might still help the Cowboys out after all. With Henson's development that is.:laugh2:

rw54

Reaction score
In this game at least, this looks like the Henson who played at Michigan. Maybe sending him over there was a good idea. He looks like a football player again. Great arm.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
rw54 said:
In this game at least, this looks like the Henson who played at Michigan. Maybe sending him over there was a good idea. He looks like a football player again. Great arm.

I agree. He's starting to play much less robotically...he's looking more like the guy I saw in college...

His poise is great also. Never seems flustered.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
acheman said:
Yeah Adam but suppose your team trails by 4 because with no timeouts and under 1 minute. You could settle for a field goal to tie instead of losing the game with no time left to get in the end zone. Overtime is great free football. Now in the NFL maybe they could make it from 55 yards and out.

But what if your wide receiver takes a long catch-and-run to the opponent's 27-yard line with 10 seconds left? Should he have run out of bounds at the 32, to make sure the offense doesn't go too far to attempt a four-point field goal? Or should the quarterback run out of bounds at the 32 on the next play? Or do they just take two shots at the end zone, since they're TOO CLOSE TO THE END ZONE to tie the game?

Any rule that goes against the whole point of the game is stupid, if you ask me. If the NFL ever adopts such an asinine rule, I'll lead the campaign against it.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
I'd like to see Henson look through his progression of receivers. It seems to me that he is locking into one guy from the snap. With that said, I think he's looked sharp today. He also looks quicker coming out from center after the ball is hiked.

NYCowboy22

Reaction score
The thing that has impressed me the most is his presence in the pocket... He can buy time with his feet and if there is nothing there he doesn't try and force it.