Projected Contract for Dak - 6 years, $171M with $45M SB, and $90M Guaranteed

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Dak is clearly better than Carr, Cousins, Stafford, and Garrapolo. I agree he deserves to be paid more than them.

glimmerman

Reaction score
What if we don’t sign Elliott?
We have this year. If he sits out and refuses to play on his 5th year option then we can find a RB to run behind this O-Line. Maybe draft one next year or use FA. I would rather have Elliot but.

Proof

Reaction score
You act like it's easy to just draft a quality QB in this league.

I think the gist is that it’s prefferable to try your luck then to pay all that money for the same result. Especially if you can trade Dak.

Tussinman

Reaction score
At those numbers just franchise him and start preparing for the next guy.
No.

You have a ton of all-pro talent that's either at there peak or close to it (LVE, Zach Martin, Frederick, Tyron Smith, Byron Jones, Jaylon Smith, Zeke, Amari Cooper).

There's too much talent to start over and waste these players primes. Not only that there's enough talent to where we'll never draft a top 3 QB and this is the same front office that was trying to trade picks for freaking Connor Cook and Paxton Lynch........

John813

Reaction score
Good numbers and breakdown.

Appreciate the in depth analysis, even when it's based off an assumption

Eanwen

Reaction score
Waiting until after this season just means the price will go up if he plays well. If he’s really who they plan to stick with pay him now and try to save some money.

On a personal level I have no problems paying Dak more if he plays well this season, especially if we win the SB. I don't know what the effects would be re:cap management, but I have doubts that Dak will play well this season. I have high hopes that he will, sans Linehan. I want to believe the predictability of our offense, lack of a target like Cooper, and key parts of the OL out of the lineup were the main sources of his problems. I want to believe with Moore and new QB coach (can't think of his name for some reason) Dak will improve on his technique and play with more confidence and a little less caution.

Frozen700

Reaction score
$28 million is not for elite QBs anymore...………...that is what above average QBs like Grappolo, Stafford, Cousins get.

If you are an elite QB, then you get $30-$35 like Russel Wilson just did.

I guess, I'm just saying. If we have to keep him, I don't think he should be able to handicap us. No matter what the going rate is. There are QBs your ok or willing to get handicapped by. Dak is not one of them

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak is clearly better than Carr, Cousins, Stafford, and Garrapolo. I agree he deserves to be paid more than them.
That’s a subjective argument . Dak has been on a better team at least in 2 of his seasons.

I’d argue Stafford , Carr and Cousins are all more prolific passers. Garrapolo we haven’t seen much but his potential appears to be greater.

I’m not sure Dak would have had the same success in Wash, Det or Oak for example.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
No.

You have a ton of all-pro talent that's either at there peak or close to it (LVE, Zach Martin, Frederick, Tyron Smith, Byron Jones, Jaylon Smith, Zeke, Amari Cooper).

There's too much talent to start over and waste these players primes. Not only that there's enough talent to where we'll never draft a top 3 QB and this is the same front office that was trying to trade picks for freaking Connor Cook and Paxton Lynch........

100% .....what some fans are missing. Starting over at QB could set this team back a min 2-3 years. Just in time where a number of 2nd-year contracts are expiring. Makes no sense at all, especially when you have a young QB that's winning. Made not be the prettiest or sexist gal in the room, but he's a winner.

JayFord

Reaction score
I don’t understand why people don’t want to pay dak I mean yeah he’s no brees Rodgers or Peyton Manning

But look at Matt stafford dude hasn’t won a playoff game and has only been to the playoffs three times in 10 years

Jay cutler only went to the playoffs once I believe

Look at Kirk cousins he hasn’t won a playoff game and has only been twice once as a starter and once as a backup and hasn’t even recorded more than 9 wins in a season as a starter

Those guys got record contracts

Dak is a winner however ugly it may be at times....I honestly just don’t get it is it popular to hate dak? Is that what’s hot in the streets?

Tussinman

Reaction score
100% .....what some fans are missing. Starting over at QB could set this team back a min 2-3 years. Just in time where a number of 2nd-year contracts are expiring. Makes no sense at all, especially when you have a young QB that's winning. Made not be the prettiest or sexist gal in the room, but he's a winner.
I don't think people realize how much talent we have

Zeke and Amari are the best RB/WR combo we've had since the 90s. Zach Martin and Tyron Smith are front runners to make the NFL 1st team all-decade list next year.

Defense literally has 2nd team all-pro on all 3 fronts (Tank on the line, LVE on the linebacking core, and Byron Jones in the backfield).

This team is stacked and some fans want to get ride of Dak because he's only top 15, not top 10....... (yeah let's completely gamble are hall of fame caliber roster on some late round 1st round QB).

lonestar2288

Reaction score
Dak's contract is not as pressing IMO as Cooper and Zeke. We've seen Dak's body of work without these 2 players in particular, and it was barely .500 football. Let him play out the season and assess from there. I don't believe there will be as big a market for his services as some do unless he blows up this season. I don't believe waiting is as big a gamble as it's made out to be