Twitter: Projected Cowboy starting OL today

Jarntt

Reaction score
Steele will have a short leash today.

The staff must see something that we don't.
If only that were the explanation for some of the horrible decisions we've seen this year...

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Try McGovern at LG and Williams at right tackle..................

Jarntt

Reaction score
Something tells me Zach Martin isn’t so willing to play RT. Or McGovern sucks really bad.
I'm sure Zack will do whatever they need in the short run. McGovern never even seems to be in the mix so I'm going with he just sucks. Would love to see him get some snaps to see what he has

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I bet Steele is on a short-leash again. I tend to feel they don't like to use Martin at Tackle, but might have to if Steele struggles. In that case, we may see McGovern take snaps.

I'm not sure it's "they".........I posted in a couple of threads, it could very be Martin. Think about it, Steel is what, rookie free agent? Hell, just playing him is reaching but trusting him enough to start?????

MikeB80

Reaction score
The giants have a big aggressive front 7.
Patrick graham did a good job against this offense last year although the score turned out lopsided in the end.

those guys have talked up there all week how garrett and columbo explained to them the weaknesses of specific players in our offense and how to attack them.

today should be interesting

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
How the mighty have fallen. Pretty sad what this Oline has turned into. No wonder Zeke has been struggling so far not being able to find any running lanes. Speaks volumes about Dak how he's still been able to pass for so many yards with such poor pass protection.

The only thing one can do is hope our decimated Oline gets pissed off, starts firing out and battles hard each and every play on the field. That's the best way to gain confidence...just go out and play angry every play...fight!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fleming starts. For the Giants ;) Just kidding I know you mean Cam Erving

Williams McGovern Biadasz Martin Knight

Knight Williams Biadasz McGovern Martin
Oops, you are right. Lol.

What do we know about McGovern and how ready would Martin be In a position he hasn’t really played since college 7-8 years ago? Maybe this would work out okay, but I don’t see it as a no brainer.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
The giants have a big aggressive front 7.
Patrick graham did a good job against this offense last year although the score turned out lopsided in the end.

those guys have talked up there all week how garrett and columbo explained to them the weaknesses of specific players in our offense and how to attack them.

today should be interesting

As if Garrett knows how to attack a team’s weakness lol.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Understood. Is Steele one of the 5 best OL on the roster, even now?

Is there not one or two guys better?
The question is whether he is one of the top 2 OT’. You can’t just assume they are all interchangeable regardless of whether they have any recent or significant experience at OT.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Likely a reluctance to have two very green players lined up next to each other. Seems like we prefer Zack in between the rookies

Bingo! he not only stays at his natural position, guaranteeing high-level play, but that can only help TWO younger players on both sides.

Carson

Reaction score
Opps, you are right. Lol.

What do we know about McGovern and how ready would Martin be In a position he hasn’t really played since college 7-8 years ago? Maybe this would work out okay, but I don’t see it as a no brainer.

Valid points.

Just think at this time we need the best 5 on the field. We were high on McGovern and not able to get on the field

blueblood70

Reaction score
What happened to Martin to tackle or McGovern starting ???? Remember all week that Jerry and fan talk... we never a word from MM. In fact, when asked about McGovern, he used two words "he's improving".
I said all along thats far too many moves and i wouldn't do it.. now Steele is suspect and thats the one im concerned about..im betting this guys heard Steele is better run blocker then pass, their game plan will be more run then it has been the past few weeks.. when the do pass they can get help with at TE on that side so more two TE sets , more run game, and when needed to pass longer routes, a little chip etc over to steele..

far too much shuffling's not good, go ready my posts the last few days Moving martin to RT is bad because then Mcgovern Biadasz and Cwill in the middle, seriously thats weakening the entire middle, having Martin in between steele and Biadasz helps glue those two together a bit, help can come off doubles etc , chip..i was not a fan of making so many moves to replace one spot in RT..

short leash yes but IMO 2 weeks ago this offensive game plan with pass happy calls with two weak tackles and long pass routes, using zeke like dang FB is ridiculous, we need to dal it back, go with more designed runs, RPOs, and two te sets and try and get TOP back to help the defense..get Pollard and Zeke fed early an often and not just some hand the ball off and find hole bs , look what CLE did, thats scheming a run game..its what we need to calm all this down ..Use Lamb like OBJ etc

sure occasionally open it up and go for it but getting down early has been product of Dak standing back there far too long wait on routes to develop with weak book end tackles ...using zekes so much to block in those situations is counter productive..hes dang RB and good one when you actually try establishing the run not just throw in few runs here and there..

whats NY DL look lie? Lbs? their offense isnt one we need to plan to try and score 40 on..IMHO we need to get back to ball control TOP run oriented scripted pay and when we lull the Giants to sleep then go for it on few deep passes etc..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Valid points.

Just think at this time we need the best 5 on the field. We were high on McGovern and not able to get on the field
When is the off week. Maybe with 2 weeks off they could work on transitioning some players.