Twitter: Projected Cowboy starting OL today

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Steele is going to go down as a footnote in Cowboy history after this season.

Much the same way Pete Myers did when he “replaced” Michael Jordan.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I think it may be more of a reflection on how the team feels about McGovern than it does anything else.

It could be they see playing Steele at OT is a lesser evil than playing McGovern at OG (and kicking Martin out to OT).

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
[QUOTE="ChronicCowboy, post: 10487304, member: 5280"]Something tells me Zach Martin isn’t so willing to play RT. Or McGovern sucks really bad.[/QUOTE]

100%.......not saying it the case but fans should understand, no way in hell they're TELLING an All-Pro ( maybe HOFer ) he's moving to another position WITHOUT his input. Asking him to save a game is one thing but 12 games are something entirely different.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I know the coaches know much more than I do, and I know how critically important it is to not allow the center of the line to be pushed back into Dak’s lap. However, there’s a long season ahead, 12 more games, without Tyron or Collins, so ....

Collins is already used to the left side - I slide him out to LT.
Martin is already used to the right side - I slide him out to RT.
Biadasz is the new C.
Knight has most experience on the right side - I plug him at RG.
I put McGovern or best remaining option at LG.

I let this group play together over the next 12 games. In the future, 2021, the added versatility should pay off.

But I know the coaches are smarter than me and are doing what they feel gives them the most continuity and best chance to win this week....period.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I know the coaches know much more than I do, and I know how critically important it is to not allow the center of the line to be pushed back into Dak’s lap. However, there’s a long season ahead, 12 more games, without Tyron or Collins, so ....

Collins is already used to the left side - I slide him out to LT.
Martin is already used to the right side - I slide him out to RT.
Biadasz is the new C.
Knight has most experience on the right side - I plug him at RG.
I put McGovern or best remaining option at LG.

I let this group play together over the next 12 games. In the future, 2021, the added versatility should pay off.

But I know the coaches are smarter than me and are doing what they feel gives them the most continuity and best chance to win this week....period.

What's going on Chuck, talk to me :lmao2:. COLLINS on IR, out for the season...hello??? lol

Mr_437

Reaction score
The question is whether he is one of the top 2 OT’. You can’t just assume they are all interchangeable regardless of whether they have any recent or significant experience at OT.
1. Zach Martin
2. Connor Williams
3. Jordan Mills 7 years experience
4. Greg Senat 3 years experience
5. Eric Smith (udfa) 1 year experience
6. William Sweet (udfa) 1 year experience

Mills should be out there unless he doesn't know the system.

Senat has been in the league, not much playing time tho.

Cowboys are in the process of finding out if Smith or Sweet can do something.

Leaving out Martin n Williams who can play OT. Mills has way more experience as a starter in the league. Then between Senat, Smith and Sweet could they be better than a non priority udfa? Idk but they have 4 guys that'll give it a shot.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I said all along thats far too many moves and i wouldn't do it.. now Steele is suspect and thats the one im concerned about..im betting this guys heard Steele is better run blocker then pass, their game plan will be more run then it has been the past few weeks.. when the do pass they can get help with at TE on that side so more two TE sets , more run game, and when needed to pass longer routes, a little chip etc over to steele..

Agree, this is a game where we can get away with starting Steele and next week you will probably have Erving and Senat ready to go. Or McGovern ready with Martin at RT, which wouldn't be my first choice but it would still be better than starting Cameron "not made of" Steele.

JustChip

Reaction score
WTH is wrong with Philbin n McCarthy?

Why do they insist on putting Steele out there?

Isn't there a better lineup or two?
I suspect they will alter the protection schemes and use Zeke or a tight end to help. At least I hope they do. This offense has more than enough skill position players to sacrifice for that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
L.

Two to three different a better options. Steele is awful.

Typical Dallas.

They won’t bench him until after he gives up three costly sacks on 3rd downs and allows to fumbles

Another back breaking strip sack fumble. Just like last week. Then maybe they’ll do something...

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Keep in mind, they pretty much knew Tyron issues the first of the week. So they've had ALL week to put THIS unit together, it's not they're throwing pieces together at the last min. This is apparently what they believe is best .....at least for this game.