Proposed trade for Stefon Diggs WR Buffalo

conner01

Reaction score
If Diggs got frustrated with Allen (which he did)....Dak would drive him completely mental. That's asking for trouble.
He was frustrated about targets. And Allen
If Diggs got frustrated with Allen (which he did)....Dak would drive him completely mental. That's asking for trouble.
Dak is 4th alltime in comp pct and allen isn’t in the top 20.

conner01

Reaction score
You really lost me at the Biadasz part. $19m might be what you pay the guy over the next three years. He would be thrilled to get tagged.
I’d rather move on. He’s avg at best. You don’t extend avg players unless you have no choice

Adreme

Reaction score
I’d rather move on. He’s avg at best. You don’t extend avg players unless you have no choice
Yes but the idea that Buffalo would be willing to trade for a player on a 19m tag who is a 7-8m player at best is insane. The idea that said player would not happily play on the tag in that situation is crazy. Then the idea that you could also throw in 2 underperforming overpaid WRs and with all that combined get a top 10 WR is just crazy. "Here is 3 bad contracts for your best offensive weapon" seems like insanity to me and a classic case of people simultaneously overvaluing and undervaluing the players in the Cowboys locker room. The board somehow thinking that they are both awful and need to leave but incredibly valuable in a trade.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
I don’t know why anyone believes this is happening. Diva WR who throws a tantrum when things don’t go his way. who wants that, especially with his contract? FFS.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
This team desperately needs help at OL, RB, DL & LB. Trading multiple players for a high priced prima-donna WR is just a bad idea- so bad in fact that JJ might just go for it. He loves trading for WR's.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Major snag: one of the rules of the tag is the intent to keep the player. You are not allowed to tag a player if the only reason you do so is to trade him. This was talked about when Philly thought about tagging Nick Foles after he won the SB.

So if you tag Tyler, don’t talk about any extension, then immediately tag him after June 1, you’d get in a lot of trouble for that

T-RO

Reaction score
Dallas then trades Michael Gallup WR, Brandin Cooks WR and Tyler Biadasz OC for Stephon Diggs WR.
I like the idea of adding another premium weapon for the passing game.

The reality? These multiple players for player trades almost never happen in the NFL. Most trades now are players for picks.

SHAMSzy

Reaction score
Lamb Diggs Ferguson is a crazy trio .. then get Derrick Henry and there are zero excuses.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I don't want Digg's contract. I would wait this out and see if Buffalo decides to part ways with him. Then Dallas can sign him to whatever deal he is willing to agree to.
Similar to what teams possibly interested in Dak Prescott are doing. Sound wisdom. Nice response.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Why would Dallas trade for a high priced receiver when they are about to pay CeeDee?

Kwyn

Reaction score
If Dallas really wants to have a realistic chance at winning playoff games in 2024 then several areas need improvent. I have checked with supposed NFL teams on what a post June 1st. trade would entail and it appears to work like a post June 1st cut. Meaning the cost to the cap doesn't change until June 2nd. so I would propose this trade for Dallas.

Dallas puts a transition tag on Biadasz OC, which is $19 million but doesn't count against cap until he signs the tag.

Dallas then trades Michael Gallup WR, Brandin Cooks WR and Tyler Biadasz OC for Stephon Diggs WR.

Gallup carries a cap hit of $13.85 until June 2nd and then we would get a cap saving of $9.5 million.

Brandin Cooks carries a cap hit of $10 million until June 2nd and then we would get a cap saving of $8 million.

Tyler Biadasz would not ever affect cap because Buffalo would obviously sign him to new contract that would lessen his cap hit significantly.

Stephon Diggs would carry a cap hit of $28.85 million for Buffalo then on June 2nd Buffalo would save $22.25 million on the cap. Diggs cost to Dallas would be $18.1 million in 2024 and he is under contract through 2027 at above the same number but only 2024 is guaranteed. Dallas could do a restructure to lower the 2024 number.

Why would Buffalo do the trade? Several reasons, they are $51 million over the cap, Diggs has fallen out of favor with the coaching staff, Buffalo needs WR help as they are living Davis and a couple of others, they are losing there center and although both Dallas and Buffalo would need to do some restructure before the trade they have to do them anyway to be under the cap to sign players.

This helps both teams. Dallas ends up with a dynamic one two WR corp and Buffalo gets 2 starting WRs on the cheap and a very good OC.

What do you think?
Why would Buffalo want Biadasz? They have a Center under contract for half the money you propose who was in the pro bowl
In 2022.

Tyler is barely a top 100 free agent according to PFF. I just don’t think the player or the contract make any sense for the Bills.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
He was frustrated about targets. And Allen

Dak is 4th alltime in comp pct and allen isn’t in the top 20.
I was referring Dak being an acknowledged post season loser. Allen's already had more post season success so there's hope for him.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
WR isn’t the problem. Improve the run offense and run defense.
That is where Dallas is getting wipped,is in the trenches.You are exactly right,that is why we lose to san fran and now green bay.Getting out played at the line of scrimmage.Dallas must improve in being physical.