Props to Dak

Aftershock

Reaction score
If Dak impressed you last night then that must mean your expectations are awfully low for the $40M qb. He played just at or around what a $40m qb should be playing on a consistent basis.

Look at what Doubs is doing first week into a brand new system. Look at Stroud with his putrid offensive weapons and line

Hurts played a mistake free game. Less yards yes but he wasn’t playing with a deficit the whole game.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak did play an excellent game.
Whoever said that dak didn't give us the extra 5% that mahomes gives Kansas City forgot to include that big Mike doesn't give us the Extra 25% in coaching that Andy Reid gives.

Also don't forget teams like the eagles go out before the trade deadline and try and make their team better while we sit on our hands if we had Derrick Henry on the 6 yard line we would have handed the ball off not to mention on the drive before when we had 3 minutes to kill off so put the extra 70% on the front office for not giving Dak the help he needs
Might have blown it on henry....but through the years....jerry been giving dak all kinds of stuff.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Might have blown it on henry....but through the years....jerry been giving dak all kinds of stuff.
I agree with you Jerry has given him some weapons and the times when the offensive line and the running game and receivers were the best the defense couldn't stop anybody now we have a pretty good defense and I honestly feel that a guy like Henry against the eagles the other night would have made a difference a half a dozen handoffs at the right time would have taken a lot of pressure off of Dak and giving the eagles something else to worry about other than just pinning their ears back and pass rushing as we were so one-dimensional

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Despite the usual bile from some of the haters on this forum, Dak played awesome, he easily outplayed Hurts.

This one is on the o-line, particularly Steele, who is a revolving door if I've ever seen one.
I dont know why the defense is getting a pas here, its feast or famine with them... they have quitly let teams score TD's almost every possession that gets to the redzone..

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Despite the usual bile from some of the haters on this forum, Dak played awesome, he easily outplayed Hurts.

This one is on the o-line, particularly Steele, who is a revolving door if I've ever seen one.

I guess choking when it counts is par for the course .

Yeah , running OB when he had the angle to the EZ
or Missing a Wide open Cooks
or Missing Ferg up seem

yeah all that was awesome

Enough sucking on Dak's big toe !

DAK BLOWS WHEN IT COUNTS

these are FACTS

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He forced Smith to jump? That's pretty lame, Smith has more experience than the rest of the line put together, should know better.

Yup, Dak told him to jump at the snap lol. It gave us an edge. (I'm being sarcastic, and not at you, more the sentiment of some on this board)

dacoming

Reaction score

I've been a critic but this is the Dak I wanted to see. He played well. He changes the game when he moves out of the pocket and is a threat to run.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He blew the ending which basically relagates the rest of the game to stats...yet again, biggest game , biggest stage and biggest movement - the opportunity was there for him to breakthrough and he couldn't get it done.
Enough with your repeated falsehoods already.

Frustratingly sad how people can repeatedly lie and lie, over and over, behind a computer desk.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yup and I'm ok with being negative towards dak - I defended him for years but after the 49ers game this year I finally accepted that he is not going to get the cowboys over the top.

Is he a top 10 qb? Yeah at times he plays very good to great and statistically has the numbers. However he is not elite nor does he have the gamer ability to finish when it matters most.

At this point I just want to see him play his contract out and then the cowboys move on from him.
Damn, go cry to someone who cares about your delicate misinformed feelings already. Sheesh

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You cant quantify coaches impact. When it comes down to it the ball is in Dak's hand, period. Just as in the two SF play-off loses his end 'clutch' game performance doesnt push the envelope, doesnt get us over the line and we've blamed a mixture of: Running game, run Defense, Moore, McCarthy, Penalties, WR' corp (despite having Amari + CD in game 1)....whereas the one consistent is = Dak.

I know your pet cat is Henry (who was not available), and you could possibly make an argument that we would of won that game with him, but there's also an undercurrent that we just have too many holes to go all-in especially with extreme weaknesses in Biadasz, Steele, Lewis and WR/Dak connection (outside of CeeDee).
Says someone from England who never played the sport of football. LOOOL

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak did play an excellent game.
Whoever said that dak didn't give us the extra 5% that mahomes gives Kansas City forgot to include that big Mike doesn't give us the Extra 25% in coaching that Andy Reid gives.

Also don't forget teams like the eagles go out before the trade deadline and try and make their team better while we sit on our hands if we had Derrick Henry on the 6 yard line we would have handed the ball off not to mention on the drive before when we had 3 minutes to kill off so put the extra 70% on the front office for not giving Dak the help he needs
Spot on, brother!

nobody

Reaction score
Yup and I'm ok with being negative towards dak - I defended him for years but after the 49ers game this year I finally accepted that he is not going to get the cowboys over the top.

Is he a top 10 qb? Yeah at times he plays very good to great and statistically has the numbers. However he is not elite nor does he have the gamer ability to finish when it matters most.

At this point I just want to see him play his contract out and then the cowboys move on from him.
I defended him for years until the last 49ers playoff loss. The 49ers loss this year was just further proof. That being said, he wasn't why we lost to the Eagles. He had a good game. He's typically a good regular season QB. Yes, he chokes against playoff-caliber teams, especially in the playoffs, but he's a regular season stat-machine.

He won't get us to the promised land. But he's not at fault for the most recent loss.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If Dak impressed you last night then that must mean your expectations are awfully low for the $40M qb. He played just at or around what a $40m qb should be playing on a consistent basis.

Look at what Doubs is doing first week into a brand new system. Look at Stroud with his putrid offensive weapons and line

Hurts played a mistake free game. Less yards yes but he wasn’t playing with a deficit the whole game.
Daniel Jones is what 40 million gets you….