Props to Dak

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
where's the dang poll I'm tired of these dak slobbers ruining these forums.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But you cant just ignore the two SF Playoff losses and now the Phil game (along with his dreadful, trailing with >2min stats), he is the constant in all of this (whilst granted there are other factors at play). There is SOMETHING in his 'make-up' that contributes to this inability to overcome the end of game 'clutch' woes.....indeed if you want we can call it 'bad luck' but even in that case id prefer a QB who's got luck, over one that's talented by unlucky.

This was the year to prove it, yes he's close, but realistically (CAP wise) he's not getting a better chance and if he cant cant do it now (AND, YES, HE STILL HAS A CHANCE), then the clock is at midnight.

If you've got a plan, im quite willing to listen, I just cant see it.
You guys pick and chose when you want to say something is a big game. We are in agreement that he can’t get over the 49ers hurdler for whatever reason. I concede that team has his number. But Philly does not. They were trailing by 10 last year and he came back and won that game for them. The guys who bring their teams back aren’t doing it alone. It takes excelling and executing the plays that are called. It takes calling the right plays. Takes making the right reads….NFL isn’t done sandlot sport I know Mahomes makes it look that way but it’s not.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I have to disagree. Even in games like Sunday where it's fair to say he played pretty well for most of the game, the little things that he didn't do became the difference. It's not giving a better effort on the 2 pt conversion, determining he was throwing to the sideline (Tolbert?) with Fergy running wide open, throwing the ball 9 feet high rather than giving Tolbert a chance, taking sacks that could have been avoided, etc.. The QB's who get it done, aren't perfect but they don't leave as much on the bone. That is precisely why they are able to pull the games out.

Our roster over the years should have gotten further. With a QB who does the above better, they would have.
Yeah this is not true. Yeah the two point conversion sucked for sure but the story you guys don’t tell us Brandon Graham running him down because no one is open. But sure I will agree he needs to make the play but it wasn’t “lack of effort” lol.

I’ve said it over the few days and I’ll say it again. Dak is victim of not playing perfect football. In a game where he threw for 370 yards and 3 TDs against a team that had 3 fumbles and less than 300 total yards…and it wasn’t enough. You want him to play perfect football and he can’t.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I do think the Cowboys need a big bodied lead running back like a Derrick Henry or AJ Dillon with Pollard the complimentary dynamic piece and a change of pace.
Naw not Dillon. He sucks. I don’t know what happened to him but he is not worth a damn.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Yeah this is not true. Yeah the two point conversion sucked for sure but the story you guys don’t tell us Brandon Graham running him down because no one is open. But sure I will agree he needs to make the play but it wasn’t “lack of effort” lol.

I’ve said it over the few days and I’ll say it again. Dak is victim of not playing perfect football. In a game where he threw for 370 yards and 3 TDs against a team that had 3 fumbles and less than 300 total yards…and it wasn’t enough. You want him to play perfect football and he can’t.

Nah, as I said, I want a QB who can make those plays that are the difference between playing well & getting the win against good opponents.

He was indeed being chased but he wasn't being contacted. He has to see the angle then plant his foot & lunge in time to give himself a chance to get to the pylon.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nah, as I said, I want a QB who can make those plays that are the difference between playing well & getting the win against good opponents.

He was indeed being chased but he wasn't being contacted. He has to see the angle then plant his foot & lunge in time to give himself a chance to get to the pylon.
I mean we know what he should’ve done lol. He failed. Failure happens. Guys throw interceptions. Guys fumble.

Dak did so many things on Sunday….overcame terrible offensive line play, no running game, defense giving up 28 points, dropped passes..tight ends not doing their job..…..he literally did make then he should. And we still are upset that he couldn’t score from the 6 yard line because his offensive lineman committed a false start penalty lol…..

It’s just ridiculous. He essentially has to play perfect. You can dumb it down saying he missed one play but the play you say he missed a tight end on you have no idea what his vantage point was because unless we are talking different plays Dak was getting pressured..

I’ve given up understanding the Dak criticism. At times this season I’ve found myself agreeing with it against the Cardinals and Niners. But he drops back and passes the ball 45 times and we complain hes missed one read where eh was getting pressured and that means he’s not capable.

One guy was throwing to Goedert, AJ Brown and Devonta Smith with the best offensive line in football and one wasn’t.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I mean we know what he should’ve done lol. He failed. Failure happens. Guys throw interceptions. Guys fumble.

Dak did so many things on Sunday….overcame terrible offensive line play, no running game, defense giving up 28 points, dropped passes..tight ends not doing their job..…..he literally did make then he should. And we still are upset that he couldn’t score from the 6 yard line because his offensive lineman committed a false start penalty lol…..

It’s just ridiculous. He essentially has to play perfect. You can dumb it down saying he missed one play but the play you say he missed a tight end on you have no idea what his vantage point was because unless we are talking different plays Dak was getting pressured..

I’ve given up understanding the Dak criticism. At times this season I’ve found myself agreeing with it against the Cardinals and Niners. But he drops back and passes the ball 45 times and we complain hes missed one read where eh was getting pressured and that means he’s not capable.

One guy was throwing to Goedert, AJ Brown and Devonta Smith with the best offensive line in football and one wasn’t.
If it were one game, sure it's unreasonable to draw too many conclusions. But he's in his 8th year & we have seen this his entire career. When he doesn't outright stink, he's still just not quite good enough. Let me be clear, he DID play pretty well for the most part.

An example of Hurts making a play was the absolute dime he dropped in to Smith with Bland in coverage for the TD. It's a low probability play. Nothing to criticize if it fails. But what people overlook is making a play or two like that at any point in the game is why one team has a lead and the other team is fighting an uphill battle. It's these type plays that separate the guys who have a rep for coming thru from those that don't.

Rayman70

Reaction score
What are the extra steps that should have been taken by the front office?
Trade for Derrick Henry? I agree in principle but it depends what they would have had to give up for him.

It was a major blunder signing Gallup over Cooper. Huge mistake. Lamb, Cooper and Ferguson - Cowboys would be cooking on gas!
MG..we agree. terrible signing. DH? Sure..it gives teams another thing worry about. But we sit on our hands. Daks going to get his chance again to prove he is elite in a huge game this year.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think saying he could have managed the offense better in the final stages of the game.....isn't claiming he MUST "play perfectly".

HMJYay

Reaction score
Dak had good stats. He made numerous errors that ultimatley cost the Cowboys the game. The QB is the highest paid position because they have the ball more then any other person on the team and effect the game more then any other person. The bad throw on 4th and 8, the running out of bounds on the 2 point conversion and the holding the ball too long and taking sacks in terrible situations are all on him. Josh Dobbs orchestrated a game winning drive and makes I'm guessing 700K this year. Nearly every QB that has played the Eagles defense this year has lit them up. They have quite a crappy defense (particuallary the secondary). The Commanders QB put up 31 on them. Dak led the offense to 6 points in the second half, that's on him.

Did Dak play bad from a stats perspective. Nope he certainly didn't. But, it doesn't take a special feat to do that against the Eagles defense. It's exactly what Dak always does. Looks good against average to bad defenses. But, when he gets behind it's deer in the headlights and not making plays. It's almost always the same. Against the 49errs the last two years in the playoffs he had 4 chances at game winning drives and couldn't do it. Same thing against the Eagles (who do. not have a good defense) and he still couldn't get it done. Done is a middle of the pack QB. He's 8 years in. It's not going to change. Those painting this as a great performance aren't looking at what others have done do this defense and are clinging to anything good they can for Dak. He's slow, makes bad reads and when things get tight he almost always gives it away. It is what it is. It's happened over and over and over because it's the caliber of QB Dak is. Talking him up isn't going to make him have it. Cooper Rush would have put up over 300 against this defense, my guess is played better with the game on the line and he doesn't have the physical skills Dak has.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If it were one game, sure it's unreasonable to draw too many conclusions. But he's in his 8th year & we have seen this his entire career. When he doesn't outright stink, he's still just not quite good enough. Let me be clear, he DID play pretty well for the most part.

An example of Hurts making a play was the absolute dime he dropped in to Smith with Bland in coverage for the TD. It's a low probability play. Nothing to criticize if it fails. But what people overlook is making a play or two like that at any point in the game is why one team has a lead and the other team is fighting an uphill battle. It's these type plays that separate the guys who have a rep for coming thru from those that don't.
Dak made tough throws under duress all game….Hurts makes one throw that was great in the 3rd quarter and that’s what separates the two? What about his fumble? No? The one that didn’t hurt him?

And what Dak did in previous years good or bad is irrelevant to 2023. What he did 3 years ago means nothing. It’s a whole new year and new teams.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What are the extra steps that should have been taken by the front office?
Trade for Derrick Henry? I agree in principle but it depends what they would have had to give up for him.

It was a major blunder signing Gallup over Cooper. Huge mistake. Lamb, Cooper and Ferguson - Cowboys would be cooking on gas!
I’d rather have Cooks and Gilmore than Cooper.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Dak did play an excellent game.
Whoever said that dak didn't give us the extra 5% that mahomes gives Kansas City forgot to include that big Mike doesn't give us the Extra 25% in coaching that Andy Reid gives.

Also don't forget teams like the eagles go out before the trade deadline and try and make their team better while we sit on our hands if we had Derrick Henry on the 6 yard line we would have handed the ball off not to mention on the drive before when we had 3 minutes to kill off so put the extra 70% on the front office for not giving Dak the help he needs
He lost that ability and excuse the second he held out for more money. He sucks and always has, he needs more help well take a paycut then

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
He lost that ability and excuse the second he held out for more money. He sucks and always has, he needs more help well take a paycut then
Jesus at least be correct when you say dumb stuff... he never held out, he actually refused to hold out and played on every tag he could but hey dont let facts get in the way of your fantasies...

aikemirv

Reaction score
Despite the usual bile from some of the haters on this forum, Dak played awesome, he easily outplayed Hurts.

This one is on the o-line, particularly Steele, who is a revolving door if I've ever seen one.
Dak played well but how did he outplay Hurts? Because he threw the ball more? We did not score more points or score more in the redzone or more efficient in the redzone.

What metric would you be using to say that? I don't think other than yards you can say that?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak played well but how did he outplay Hurts? Because he threw the ball more? We did not score more points or score more in the redzone or more efficient in the redzone.

What metric would you be using to say that? I don't think other than yards you can say that?
Well would you say Hurts play was the main reason the Eagles won, would you say Dak's play was the main reason we were in the game late? If you answer those truthfully its not a stretch..