Props to Jason Garrett, attaboy on Irving

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by Blackthorn, Mar 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackthorn

Blackthorn Well-Known Member

568 Messages
    2,028 Likes Received
    Garrett tries not to bash players in public but hats off to Garrett for speaking the truth to Irving in private.

“He told me I should just quit, smoke all the weed I want, the team didn’t need me,” the 25-year-old told USA Today Sports on Thursday. “I’m a distraction to the team.”

Irving is an idiot for wasting an opportunity to earn enough income in a few years to last a lifetime. Don't forget the retirement and healthcare.

Garrett earned a little more respect with this article.

2. Noclaf

Noclaf Well-Known Member

657 Messages
    970 Likes Received
    JG was 1000% right

JW82, Rockport, jwitten82 and 6 others like this.
  3. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

38,324 Messages
    15,855 Likes Received
    Irving is going to eventually regret the opportunity he wasted. He's too young now. But when he gets around 40, and he can't move around like he used to and he's working a $30,000 a year job, and he's about to be kicked to the side by some 20 something who will work for half he makes, his blown opportunity will smack him in the face as hard as Mike Tyson punch.

It's so sad that a habit can seize control of a man and won't let him go until it has exacted all it can.

Sin will take you further than you want to go, keep you longer than you want to stay, cost you more than you want to pay. :(

4. DeathMonkey

DeathMonkey Well-Known Member

3,577 Messages
    5,877 Likes Received
    I wish Irving well on his new endeavor into the weed market and attempt to expand minds about medicinal uses. I'm glad he's no longer a distraction to the team.

5. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

9,822 Messages
    6,830 Likes Received
    As Garrett rolls himself an Ezmerelda.

Beautiful.

:laugh:

Melonfeud and Blackthorn like this.
  6. Cowfan75

Cowfan75 Well-Known Member

2,245 Messages
    2,445 Likes Received
    First, I'm no Garrett fan, but IF he actually said that, good.
    Secondly, this is not proof Garrett "thinks marijuana is a drug", it just means he knows the rules of the NFL, Irving, you moron.

7. boxer-rumble

boxer-rumble Well-Known Member

1,547 Messages
    2,759 Likes Received
    JG did the right thing here. Let him know straight up. Irving wasn’t dependable and that’s a no go in professional sports.

Bye Irving. You’ll think back years from now and gave up something that 1% of the population could ever dream of doing.

8. acr731

acr731 Well-Known Member

1,883 Messages
    4,186 Likes Received
    What endeavor? Are the cartels taking applications again?

9. DeathMonkey

DeathMonkey Well-Known Member

3,577 Messages
    5,877 Likes Received
    Did you not read the article? A company has already made a deal with him.

"Ghost Beverages Marketing manager Patrick Williams confirmed with USA TODAY Sports that the company and Irving agreed to undisclosed terms. The California-based company is in talks to release two products under Irving’s new brand DI95: cannabidiol pre-rolls (joints) and cannabidiol vape pens."

10. Paradox

Paradox Well-Known Member

226 Messages
    403 Likes Received
    I think he's going to do well financially in the cannabis industry. He's also producing a docuseries as the article points out:

"Irving also confirmed he will serve as executive producer of a new docuseries called “Shut Up and Tackle,” which focuses on the league’s controversial stance on drug use."

If my hunch is correct, he's trying to pressure the NFL to legalize weed within the NFL. Then if it works he's probably gonna start playing again.

Also, smoking weed is not a sin.

Melonfeud, Proof, boysfaninMI and 5 others like this.
  11. cern

cern Well-Known Member

6,369 Messages
    8,132 Likes Received
    who knows whether or not garrett made that comment. david irving isn't the most credible source out there. definitely seeing some narcissistic personality disorder in his closet.

Melonfeud likes this.
  12. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

9,822 Messages
    6,830 Likes Received
    Maybe.

But he said since he posted his video..

he has had bunches of people contact him with offers to get high with him.

This is the kind of dude 10 years later we hear he moved to Colorado and opened a dispensary and made a killing.

He can all it David's Den of Anitquity.

I wish him well.

He does not seem harmful.

At least he knows what he wants.

:lmao2:

13. acr731

acr731 Well-Known Member

1,883 Messages
    4,186 Likes Received
    I doubt even an idiot like Garrett would say that to someone. But if its true, all it does is prove he has no idea how to coach. A good coach would have told him to take his time and consider the repercussions of his poor decisions. Instead, he encourages him to break the law. Good job, Garrett.

14. ItzKelz

ItzKelz Well-Known Member

2,878 Messages
    2,929 Likes Received
    Great leadership. It would have been really easy at 3-5 to pull a Tom Coughlin/OBJ situation and explain to the media that he was trying to win games.

Blackthorn likes this.
  15. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

7,485 Messages
    8,070 Likes Received
    agreed, I would love nothing more than to have the opportunity that Irving has had.

Blackthorn likes this.
  16. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

13,244 Messages
    12,688 Likes Received
    Did Garrett say the same thing to Gregory? Prob did.

Blackthorn likes this.
  17. tyke1doe

38,324 Messages
    15,855 Likes Received
    Yeah, it is, particularly how he went about it given the rules and laws of the land today. But we can't fully explore that argument here.
    Second, just because he's getting into the cannabis industry doesn't mean he's going to reap the financial windfall. He more than likely won't make as much money as he would have in the NFL, and when the market becomes saturated if and when marijuana is legalized federally, there are many people smarter than he has shown himself to be who will capitalize. Show me all the millionaires selling alcohol outside the major companies?
    Besides, the lottery winner principle would be in operation here.
    Third, the NFL is likely not going to change its policy until the federal government changes its policy. That aint happening any time soon.

Chocolate Lab and Blackthorn like this.
  18. tyke1doe

38,324 Messages
    15,855 Likes Received
    :laugh:

Redball Express likes this.
  19. Mr_437

Mr_437 Well-Known Member

2,998 Messages
    3,076 Likes Received
    Ahem... again y'all sound envious and bitter because a man chose to do something y'all wouldn't have done. David can do anything in this world he chooses to do within reason, and he chose not to play football, so what good for him.

Define a sin?

Jason Garrett ain't nobody he just learned when to call a timeout.

Redball Express and 408Cowboy like this.
  20. waldoputty

waldoputty Well-Known Member

20,250 Messages
    18,289 Likes Received
    if garrett does the right thing, he would resign

daboyzruleperiod likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.