Props to Jason Garrett, attaboy on Irving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I doubt even an idiot like Garrett would say that to someone. But if its true, all it does is prove he has no idea how to coach. A good coach would have told him to take his time and consider the repercussions of his poor decisions. Instead, he encourages him to break the law. Good job, Garrett.
There's many ways of looking at things from a multitude of varying angles there,Mr.Advanced Combat Rifle #731
Yet, it's abundantly clear (to me) coach GARRETT was flat-out telling the #95 to take a flying leap at a rolling donut on his long hike out& away from his organizationo_O

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I doubt even an idiot like Garrett would say that to someone. But if its true, all it does is prove he has no idea how to coach. A good coach would have told him to take his time and consider the repercussions of his poor decisions. Instead, he encourages him to break the law. Good job, Garrett.
Good point, I was thinking same thing, or that jones boys told JG to try and get Irving to quit, so they dont have to pay him anything.
or be blamed for cutting him, Irving quitting makes it look better for cowboys to media and to other players.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Irving is going to eventually regret the opportunity he wasted. He's too young now. But when he gets around 40, and he can't move around like he used to and he's working a $30,000 a year job, and he's about to be kicked to the side by some 20 something who will work for half he makes, his blown opportunity will smack him in the face as hard as Mike Tyson punch.

It's so sad that a habit can seize control of a man and won't let him go until it has exacted all it can.

Sin will take you further than you want to go, keep you longer than you want to stay, cost you more than you want to pay. :(

Better hope he has some money for his brain later on in life as well - he's already had a car wreck because he blacked out due to a concussion. I would say he should have retired because of that, not due to weed.

He should have pushed for some kinda of injury settlement before he left the NFL.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
At first I supported Irving, but the more he talks the more he sounds bitter and idiotic.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Good point, I was thinking same thing, or that jones boys told JG to try and get Irving to quit, so they dont have to pay him anything.
or be blamed for cutting him, Irving quitting makes it look better for cowboys to media and to other players.
Did he quit ,,,er,,,while being under league suspension from b-4 last season?
Clearly ,it's a case of self termination & if some fans would stop trailing the nonexistent track of what their chasing & blow there nose out, to sniff the wind ? Well,I'm thinking they wouldn't be suffering that headful of snakes syndrome ,,,all up in there writhing around all squiggly ,turning & twisting knotted in a wad,dripping vemon & s**t,,,ya know?o_O

:lmao2:

* the vehemently expressed disdain directed towards our FOOTBALL DaD& all the works by his superior football like knowledged hand is highly toxic& nonconducive to presenting the persona of affable forum fellowship,,, just sayin'

nobody

Reaction score
You make WAY too many assumptions.

Marijuana IS legal in my land. I live in a state where it is legal and I adhere to state law.

Again, I didn't say he's going to be the next marijuana Wal-Mart. And I don't think it, either. But I can make counterpoints to your very childish retorts until I lose interest, which is rapidly approaching. Do you know how many people who have the jump on him have less money and fame than him? Those things can go a long way. Getting in with the right business can also go a long way.

My actual opinion of David Irving is that I hate what he did to the Cowboys last season. I don't like how he presented himself. But now that he's gone, I'm rooting for him to do well outside of football. And I THINK he will.

Technically, while it may be legal in your state, it's still illegal in your state because there is a Federal law on record about it. Federal law supersedes state law, whether it's right or wrong. The Federal government is just choosing not to enforce the law in states that have legalized it, but it is still against the law and they could prosecute if they wanted at any time.

That being said, it's stupid that it's illegal and I'm sure that at some point, the government will legalize it. I have no horse in this race because I've never done it. I never plan on doing it, but I fully support the idea that people should be allowed to do it if they choose, especially if it helps them medically.

What you may not be considering is that the NFL can be influenced by the government and the public. It's all about image. If the NFL's image is hurt, profits are hurt. So something that is illegal that is allowed by the NFL might anger some people and produce negative publicity.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Sometimes you need a verbal slap in the face to wake you up. Being encouraged to continue whatever reckless course you may be on by someone that cares about you in a mocking or condescending way works for some people. Everyone has a "oh **** this is dumb" button.

However this method has a better overall effect if it comes from someone that genuinely cares. Garrett deciding he was best suited to this task shows he is not familiar with this part of the process.

PSA: I am in no way saying smoking marijuana is dangerous or reckless.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Has absolutely zero to do about habit and 100% to do with upbringing. So please, be aware of that.
You know this how?
Second, habits can form early in life and can also be a factor of upbringing.
Third, I would say it's a habit because he wants to play football or he did want to play football, which is why he is in the league in the first place. He apparently can't resist enough to collect a million dollar pay check, and when Garrett told him "why bother" instead of fighting through it, he decided, "I had enough. I want to smoke pot more than I want to submit to the NFL's drug policy."
If that isn't a habit, I don't know what is.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Better hope he has some money for his brain later on in life as well - he's already had a car wreck because he blacked out due to a concussion. I would say he should have retired because of that, not due to weed.

He should have pushed for some kinda of injury settlement before he left the NFL.
He should have, but I guess he's not thinking straight. Shrug.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You know this how?
Second, habits can form early in life and can also be a factor of upbringing.
Third, I would say it's a habit because he wants to play football or he did want to play football, which is why he is in the league in the first place. He apparently can't resist enough to collect a million dollar pay check, and when Garrett told him "why bother" instead of fighting through it, he decided, "I had enough. I want to smoke pot more than I want to submit to the NFL's drug policy."
If that isn't a habit, I don't know what is.
Say what? You’re all over the place with this post. man up and just say what you believe. Damn....

Dre11

Reaction score
And you defend him to the point of looking like a moron.

This needs no defense, only a moron would take your position on this. Only a fool would say he didn't handle this the right way, only a dummy would insinuate this as bad coaching. You fit every one...lol

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Say what? You’re all over the place with this post. man up and just say what you believe. Damn....
Problem such as addictions and habits aren't simple in nature. They are multi-complex. Thus, my response.
You're trying to make it simply a matter of his upbringing, which you don't know. I'm saying it's more complex than that.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The problem today is people forget we the people have power. Lots of states going medical route and full legalization. Its the great thing about being 52 states. Dont knock until you try it, Medical grade is much different than Mexican brick.
52 states? :huh:

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
This needs no defense, only a moron would take your position on this. Only a fool would say he didn't handle this the right way, only a dummy would insinuate this as bad coaching. You fit every one...lol

Hmm, I thought name calling was against site rules. There's 3 violations right there. But hey, I'm not a snitch, so carry on Mr. internet tough guy.

Paradox

Reaction score
Technically, while it may be legal in your state, it's still illegal in your state because there is a Federal law on record about it. Federal law supersedes state law, whether it's right or wrong. The Federal government is just choosing not to enforce the law in states that have legalized it, but it is still against the law and they could prosecute if they wanted at any time.

That being said, it's stupid that it's illegal and I'm sure that at some point, the government will legalize it. I have no horse in this race because I've never done it. I never plan on doing it, but I fully support the idea that people should be allowed to do it if they choose, especially if it helps them medically.

What you may not be considering is that the NFL can be influenced by the government and the public. It's all about image. If the NFL's image is hurt, profits are hurt. So something that is illegal that is allowed by the NFL might anger some people and produce negative publicity.

You are technically correct. And I do know the difference between federal and state law. It was the core reason the civil war was fought. Because the federal government, or "union" took away state rights. Of course there was the whole slavery thing, and that also had a lot to do with it, but at it's core it was about the union, or federal government, taking away state's rights.

But those rights were taken away by force, therefore people became entrenched in their views pitted against the union for generations. So, not everyone recognizes federal law. That was the point of my sentence that you highlighted.

As far as the NFL goes, you're right there too. It definitely cares about its image, which is why I have to respectfully disagree with your conclusion about that. The polls in recent years say the people want to legalize marijuana nationally. So it would be doing a majority of fans a disservice by continuing with its antiquated policy.

The NHL never backed away from their leniency towards marijuana use, and it didn't seem to hinder their reputation. Now it's legal in Canada and the policy stays the same.

I think they were slated to review their drug policy this offseason. I hope they do the right thing. Then again, the right thing in my mind is for them to let the players play, and stop with the drug tests. I want huge mammoths on roid rages smashing the sense out of each other during 3.9 second 40 time collision. I want helmets to explode. I miss the good ol' days of drug and alcohol induced football with no repercussions. But I digress...

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Many lists include DC and Puerto Rico, which makes for 52 "states
Thanks for your comment. And I know this is not your fight so I'm addressing this in general so ...
What are these MANY lists that include D.C. as a state? I used to live in D.C., grew up in Maryland. I have never heard it referred to in formal conversations as a state.
In fact, the push for a while has been to try to get D.C. designated as a state - see "Washington D.C. statehood movement."
And Puerto Rico is a territory not a state.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Problem such as addictions and habits aren't simple in nature. They are multi-complex. Thus, my response.
You're trying to make it simply a matter of his upbringing, which you don't know. I'm saying it's more complex than that.
Yes it is his upbringing which encompasses all those complexities you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.