Props to Jason Garrett

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
ok, not sure what you are confusing....when he was the OC, he produced top 10 offenses. then he became head coach and his offense still produced top 10 offenses.

what's so confusing about that? you keep insisting he was OC years ago.....so if he is not the OC now, what can he do? do you expect him to be the play caller?

and we may complain, but the proof is in the pudding and the offenses despite predictability was top 10..

again, as I have said over and over again, the post season has not been successful...

and as a coach, he has his OC, running his system and as mentioned in previous responses, they adjusted...like in 2016, linehan adjusted......that's part of the game, that's part of the process. that's part of what every coach does.

and if its moore doing the play calls, then moore is a coach under garrett, running garrett system, but calling plays.....part of a coaches job is to hire the right assistant coaches and allowing them to do their job.

and to the point that I have made, which you just pointed to....coaches adjust. linehan didn't. so linehan is gone.....

you keep going in circle, trying to make a case that garrett was OC years ago and thus him being a good offensive coach is no longer relevant. thus his old ranking are not relevant, back then and now.....as the coach...that's not relevant to the argument.

suffice it to say, we get it. you hate garrett. you are emotional about your hatred of garrett. you are personal on your hatred of garrett and you want to dismiss anything that he has done, credit everybody else and discredit anything he has had in the past. I get it. we all get it. you are entitled to your opinion. as fans we can do that. I have not argued one way or the other. I presented facts and you seemingly are arguing with yourself trying to make a very very very specific case to win an argument with yourself!

get over it dude.

LOL...…..Jerry hired Moore, not Garrett. Jerry hires and fires the coaches, not Garrett.

Moore is making Garrett look like an offensive dunce.

All Garrett did what take mostly Air Coryel's offense and a few other peoples offenses and make it his own. Which became outdated and predictable. Now Moore has taken those general concepts and brought them into the 21st century.

Everyone has the same route tree. The fact that you think Garrett made up his own route tree is laughable.

Obviously you have no concept of what an OC really does. Those things that Garrett was terrible at.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You have already said that Garrett is NOT a good OC. So why do you continue to act otherwise?

"Which is it"...……….is a question I need to be asking you.

If you don't like Garrett either, then shut up already.
I didn't say he is or he is not. I said, he has produced top 10 offenses as OC and as a head coach of the team. I didn't even say if his offensive philosophy is good or bad. I presented results of the team offensive outcome over the years...

I have criticized him for not having success in post season.

you are so hell bent On making me into a garrett supporter because I am not specifically stating I hate the guy. its bothering you. that much is obvious.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
wow....geez, fans with high standards...ok, then that makes 30 of the coaches in the league garbage....right? you either reach the superbowl or you don't and if you don't you are garbage....maybe we can loosen the standard and say, hey if you reach CG then you are not garbage, so 28 out of the 32 coaches are garbage. is McCarthy now garbage?

I have not stick up for garrett…..your angle has been that since I don't hate garrett, then I am supporting him. which is ridiculous onto it self. this is like the Dak lovers, if you don't drool and fawn over Dak, then youa re a dak hater. its a 100% in or you are a out...so in this case, its 100% hate on garrett or else you are a supporter!!!!

I have stated my opinion multiple times. I have criticized garrett. I provided you with FACTS that are out there and you are hell bent on proving that I am a garrett supporter because I didn't declare my hatred for the guy....

that's your issue. not mine.

The best coaches in the NFL are the ONLY coaches we should hire here. Yah, a short list of probably 10 maybe?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I didn't say he is or he is not. I said, he has produced top 10 offenses as OC and as a head coach of the team. I didn't even say if his offensive philosophy is good or bad. I presented results of the team offensive outcome over the years...

I have criticized him for not having success in post season.

you are so hell bent On making me into a garrett supporter because I am not specifically stating I hate the guy. its bothering you. that much is obvious.

You are one confused poster. LOL

Garrett sucks!!! If you don't agree with that, then I really don't care. And yah, I HATE THE GUY. He holds back this team.

And going from Garrett/Linehan to Moore is like going from a turd to a gold nugget.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
LOL...…..Jerry hired Moore, not Garrett. Jerry hires and fires the coaches, not Garrett.

Moore is making Garrett look like an offensive dunce.

All Garrett did what take mostly Air Coryel's offense and a few other peoples offenses and make it his own. Which became outdated and predictable. Now Moore has taken those general concepts and brought them into the 21st century.

Everyone has the same route tree. The fact that you think Garrett made up his own route tree is laughable.

Obviously you have no concept of what an OC really does. Those things that Garrett was terrible at.
jerry hired everyone on the team. as the owner, he has ultimate say....jerry hired garrett too!!....in the same article that you indicated earlier, it also said that garrett wanted moore. and there has been articles that garrett wanted Linehan gone in 2018... but you like to follow jerry speak, then please do. Jerry does what Jerry does.

btw, there are only a few offensive schemes around. west coast, what's referred to as air Coryell, most offenses evolved from these two schemes that are slightly different. there was a run and shoot for a while, but it died quickly.

and when did I say garrett made up his own route tree? never said that. in fact I have said most offenses run similar route trees. play calling and formations and route tree combinations are key to success.

you are trying so hard dude. so hard...you seem obsessed. its kind of scary

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The best coaches in the NFL are the ONLY coaches we should hire here. Yah, a short list of probably 10 maybe?
so give a list of coaches we should hire....people like yourself are complainers....they are what we call problem finders....and they often come across as complainers....there is also solution finders...so what's the solution....its easy to complain.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You are one confused poster. LOL

Garrett sucks!!! If you don't agree with that, then I really don't care. And yah, I HATE THE GUY. He holds back this team.

And going from Garrett/Linehan to Moore is like going from a turd to a gold nugget.
glad you admit now that because I didn't say I hate garrett, then you are considering me a supporter..... hmmm, weird mentality....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
glad you admit now that because I didn't say I hate garrett, then you are considering me a supporter..... hmmm, weird mentality....

You are confusing the word "supporter" with "defender".

You defend a coach that you don't support. Now THAT is weird.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I am done with this thing..... we get it you hate garrett. anyone not saying I hate garrett must be a supporter. more power to ya

Nope, you got it wrong again.

Anyone that defends Garrett like you has the appearance of being a supporter.

Which you now claim NOT to be.

So let me try and get your point correct:

You don't support Garrett and you don't think he is a good OC or HC, but you will defend him strongly against anyone that says he sucks?

Does that sum it up?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I don't have just two categories for head coaches - great or garbage. Few things in this world are black and white, especially something complicated like being a head coach in the NFL. If anyone wants to see really garbage coaches, look up David Shula - he of the 19-53 career record, or Marion Campbell, 34-80-1.

Those are truly garbage coaches.

Obviously Garrett's not a great head coach, and I could definitely entertain discussions that he's not even above average.

But I can't agree with "garbage"....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't have just two categories for head coaches - great or garbage. Few things in this world are black and white, especially something complicated like being a head coach in the NFL. If anyone wants to see really garbage coaches, look up David Shula - he of the 19-53 career record, or Marion Campbell, 34-80-1.

Obviously Garrett's not a great head coach, and I could definitely entertain discussions that he's not even above average.

or dave campo our own house. or wade phillips….definition of a JAG headcoach

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

He's mediocre.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How about another simple question:

Do you support Garrett?
I support the cowboys......like I said, over and over and over, minimum if he doesn't get to NFCCG and team is not competitive once there, then we have to move on. I support the team and wish and want the best to happen for us to get there and to the superbowl and win the superbowl. I don't care how, who....just get there.

but you probably would rather see the team fail, not make the superbowl so you can say, I told you so about garrett...

and thus let me ask you a question: What if we get to the superbowl….will you still hate garrett? would you want him gone then? why?

and if we do happen not to get to NFCC, I will go on record and say, I don't want Lincoln Riley.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's right folks - Jason has this team rolling on all cylinders coming out of the gate. Say what you want about him but players seem to really enjoy playing for him, he's involved in personnel decisions and has helped build this team, he seems to really have the respect of all of the players on the team, and they stay out of trouble for the most part. Also, I'm sure he had a big say-so in the Kellen Moore, Kris Richardson, and John Kitna hires.

It's time we give him a little credit!

Just as it was his call to hire Scott Linehan. Lucky for Jason, he never has to take the fall his his bad decisions. But, if you stick around long enough , some things are bound to work out.

cern

Reaction score
Stephen has done everything possible to help garrett succeed. he brought in Richard, promoted Kellen after firing linehan. brought in sanjay lal. took over garrett's duties in dealing with locker room distractions (dez, irving, and now taco) for the first time in his time here, garrett is being held accountable. all he has to do to succeed is let his coordinators do their jobs and not mismanage games.