Props to Jason Garrett

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Stephen has done everything possible to help garrett succeed. he brought in Richard, promoted Kellen after firing linehan. brought in sanjay lal. took over garrett's duties in dealing with locker room distractions (dez, irving, and now taco) for the first time in his time here, garrett is being held accountable. all he has to do to succeed is let his coordinators do their jobs and not mismanage games.
why is everyone so hot on Richard?

and is it unusual for teams to change coaches year to year? or is it a dallas thing pretty much....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I support the cowboys......like I said, over and over and over, minimum if he doesn't get to NFCCG and team is not competitive once there, then we have to move on. I support the team and wish and want the best to happen for us to get there and to the superbowl and win the superbowl. I don't care how, who....just get there.

but you probably would rather see the team fail, not make the superbowl so you can say, I told you so about garrett...

and thus let me ask you a question: What if we get to the superbowl….will you still hate garrett? would you want him gone then? why?

and if we do happen not to get to NFCC, I will go on record and say, I don't want Lincoln Riley.

Ok, lets focus. Everyone wants us to win.

Do you like Garrett as our HC? Simple question buddy.

My answer is NO. What is your answer?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Ok, lets focus. Everyone wants us to win.

Do you like Garrett as our HC? Simple question buddy.

My answer is NO. What is your answer?
If he gets to the Superbowl. Yes. Otherwise no.

Not sure what's your obsession with this black and white approach. Like I said it's obvious that for you its 100% or anything else is on the other side.

Interesting mentality.

The past at this point doesn't matter. You are hung up on the past...what happens now and in the future matters.

And I asked you a similar question.

What if Garrett gets us to the Superbowl. Will you change your mind? Why and why not?

I am trying to approach it the way you like to think in absolutes.

And what you, I or anybody else thinks right now is meaningless. Firing Garrett right now which is what you want is the worst thing for the cowboys this year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
or dave campo our own house. or wade phillips….definition of a JAG headcoach

Wade was at least a competent coordinator. Garrett is a fraud. Never earned the job and should have been fired long ago.

Had Wade had a competent OC of his own choosing, would he have had even more success?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If he gets to the Superbowl. Yes. Otherwise no.

Not sure what's your obsession with this black and white approach. Like I said it's obvious that for you its 100% or anything else is on the other side.

Interesting mentality.

The past at this point doesn't matter. You are hung up on the past...what happens now and in the future matters.

And I asked you a similar question.

What if Garrett gets us to the Superbowl. Will you change your mind? Why and why not?

I am trying to approach it the way you like to think in absolutes.

And what you, I or anybody else thinks right now is meaningless. Firing Garrett right now which is what you want is the worst thing for the cowboys this year.

See, I can answer simple question.

If we won the SB, I would 100% give Garrett at least another year. That is not even debatable for me.

I also dont need 15 years and a SB win or firing to decide if a Garrett is a good HC or OC or not. It is completely obvious that he isnt.

endersdragon

Reaction score
This week can he make the first team believe the missed the first quarter and they are down seven so they don't take a quarter to get going?

leeblair

Reaction score
nice try to spin things as garrett haters tend to do...so now 2007 it was parcells offense? how? was parcells coaching? ..it was Wade as head coach and Garrett as OC... Garrett was calling the plays and he had his playbook

the cowboys lost in the playoffs, we lost because we couldn't handle their pass rush...the vkings were the better team (they played at home), they had favre….that defense got torched by Favre and their offense. torched. that was a big old failure on Wade who was brought in for his defensive coaching ability, which he failed at miserably and eventually got fired because the whole team quit on him..I never liked Wade as a head coach...he should have remained a coordinator, that was his strength.

.and seemingly anything good its credited to somebody else. anything bad its on Garrett...you just tried to create a lose lose situation, no matter what garrett does, he will lose in your mind. because seemingly you will never give him credit for anything he has done.....so what about the 2010 offense? it ended up #7?....was that parcells too LOL
It's not a "spin"; these are the facts. Garrett gave up- as he tended to do in any tough game when the opposing team didn't submit in the presence of Cowboys greatness. In 2007 when the Patriots and Cowboys were 5-0, the Cowboys quit trying to score midway through the third quarter when it was obvious that Belichick wasn't intimidated.
These- and more facts- were made painfully clear to real Cowboys fans- as we watched in horror as Jerry turned the greatest franchise in sports over to a man with a kindergarten mentality.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
One thing about Garrett - he plays not to lose. Once we have a small lead he puts on the brakes and lets the other team catchup. Its playing down to the level of your opponent and Garrett is good at it. That trait of Garrett is one that I despise. He doesn't have a killer instinct. He also has piss poor game management.

Honestly, I would take Wade Philips any day over Garrett. What has Garrett contributed to this team? He has an outdated playbook which he forces onto the team. He hasn't a clue on how to call plays. He just a bad coach that didn't deserve the head coaching job.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not a "spin"; these are the facts. Garrett gave up- as he tended to do in any tough game when the opposing team didn't submit in the presence of Cowboys greatness. In 2007 when the Patriots and Cowboys were 5-0, the Cowboys quit trying to score midway through the third quarter when it was obvious that Belichick wasn't intimidated.
These- and more facts- were made painfully clear to real Cowboys fans- as we watched in horror as Jerry turned the greatest franchise in sports over to a man with a kindergarten mentality.

For the record, those things you’re calling facts aren’t facts but are actually opinions. And they’re not even actually very informed opinions.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
...I also dont need 15 years and a SB win or firing to decide if a Garrett is a good HC or OC or not. It is completely obvious that he isnt.

Unless you know what you’re talking about or consider actual production. Then it becomes completely obvious that you’re wrong, and that he’s actually at the very least a pretty good coach, after all.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Unless you know what you’re talking about or consider actual production. Then it becomes completely obvious that you’re wrong, and that he’s actually at the very least a pretty good coach, after all.

LOL...…...gotta love the fact that you are afraid to say that Garrett is even a "good coach".

All you can muster is that Garrett is "at the very least a pretty good coach".

You don't even have confidence in your hero. :lmao2:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL...…...gotta love the fact that you are afraid to say that Garrett is even a "good coach".

All you can muster is that Garrett is "at the very least a pretty good coach".

You don't even have confidence in your hero. :lmao2:

You can’t read, dude. That sentence was a reference to the bottom line of what a reasonable opinion is about Jason Garrett as a coach. The phrase “at the very least” should have given that away, btw.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You can’t read, dude. That sentence was a reference to the bottom line of what a reasonable opinion is about Jason Garrett as a coach. The phrase “at the very least” should have given that away, btw.

So now you are back to saying that Garrett is a great coach?

At the VERY MOST, Garrett is an average HC.

At the very most, Garrett is a bad OC.

Last edited:

cern

Reaction score
why is everyone so hot on Richard?

and is it unusual for teams to change coaches year to year? or is it a dallas thing pretty much....
we got rid of our entire starting lineup of d-backs, scando, carr, church and wilcox. Richard then proceeded to make a pro bowler out of byon jones, and coach up chido and brown to very good corners. also Jourdan lewis. and Xavier woods. pretty good for his first year with the team. and while a changing of the guard of coaches happens yearly as you say, the changes should be upgrades. was monte any better than rob ryan? was linehan better than callahan. imo, Kellen moore is far better than linehan and Richard is far better than Marinelli.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So now you are back to saying that Garrett is a great coach?

At the VERY MOST, Garrett is an average HC.

At the very most, Garrett is a bad OC.

Jesus. I’ve never said “great.” And what I have said has never changed. The only thing that changes is your misinterpretation of posts.

The words are right there for you to re-read if you need to. Think about what they mean and try not to slip from one extreme to another. Just stay in your own lane and everything will be ok.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Jesus. I’ve never said “great.” And what I have said has never changed. The only thing that changes is your misinterpretation of posts.

The words are right there for you to re-read if you need to. Think about what they mean and try not to slip from one extreme to another. Just stay in your own lane and everything will be ok.

You have said many many things about Garrett and changed your stance over time to attempt to diffuse your love for Garrett. Yet your signature betrays you. Your love for Garrett and running to his defense is legendary on this board. No amount of backtracking can change that.

Talking about HC's is NOT your lane. You would do wise to stop embarrassing yourself and Cowboys fans by supporting the hapless Garrett.

Who has been both fired from not only play calling, OC, but has now been told to stay out of the way of Moore and let him do his thing.

ONLY to watch the talented young OC run circles around Garrett running his offense. LOL