Props to Jason Garrett

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Waiting for the proof.

Have you really never heard about Jerry warning Garrett?

Jerry said [to Moore], ‘Look,’ and he said this publicly, ‘If you and Jon Kitna, if your ideas are not being implemented by the head coach, come to me. Come to me. Circumvent the head coach and come to me, and I will take care of it.’

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
With Garrett no longer running the offense and a REAL OC finally calling the shots, Garrett has been reduced to what it is he does best. We now actually have a shot to go far in the playoffs.
Yes, he’s the Head Coach. I posted an article that discussed how he never wanted the OC duties when he took over as HC. You haters believed the talking heads and not the Cowboys beat writers.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Have you really never heard about Jerry warning Garrett?

Jerry said [to Moore], ‘Look,’ and he said this publicly, ‘If you and Jon Kitna, if your ideas are not being implemented by the head coach, come to me. Come to me. Circumvent the head coach and come to me, and I will take care of it.’
Those weren’t the exact words so quit lying.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Those weren’t the exact words so quit lying.

Cmon, with the nonsense. WE have all heard what Jerry said, he did it publicly. Here is more of the segment.

But Werder went on to suggest Moore may already have enough credibility- with club management, anyway- to warrant a direct line to the team owner himself.

“I think the most interesting statement that we have heard the entire offseason was from Jerry Jones. Jerry Jones not only mandated offensive change and the implementation of new concepts and creative thinking, but he promoted Kellen Moore in a year where he did not extend Jason Garrett- who, oh by the way, his calling card is as an offensive playcaller himself- and he’s again denied this offseason a chance to call plays with his own fate hanging in the balance here. Jerry said [to Moore], ‘Look,’ and he said this publicly, ‘If you and Jon Kitna, if your ideas are not being implemented by the head coach, come to me. Come to me. Circumvent the head coach and come to me, and I will take care of it.’

“He basically told Garrett, effectively, to stand down and, ‘You’re going to work with what these guys want to go with, and that’s who we’re going to be because the way you’ve tried to do it just hasn’t produced the results we want.'”

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
You simply CANNOT fairly criticize a head coach when a team does not do well and not give the coach credit when they do. We play well and win a Superbowl and Garrett ABSOLUTELY gets the credit. He is an integral part - he is the CEO of the team. Garrett may not have as much decision power as other head coaches, but he absolutely deserves credit when Dallas does well.

Then he absolutely deserves criticism as well. It goes both ways. Garrett was the reason why Linehan has been predictable in his playcalling all along. It's his playbook and Linehan just called the plays that was given to him. Linehan was fired because of that. Now why is Garrett is still coach? Why hasn't Garrett been blamed for any of the playcalling since he's got here?

Surely, if we give Garrett credit he should be criticized for the awful and disastrous playcalling all these years.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Cmon, with the nonsense. WE have all heard what Jerry said, he did it publicly. Here is more of the segment.

But Werder went on to suggest Moore may already have enough credibility- with club management, anyway- to warrant a direct line to the team owner himself.

“I think the most interesting statement that we have heard the entire offseason was from Jerry Jones. Jerry Jones not only mandated offensive change and the implementation of new concepts and creative thinking, but he promoted Kellen Moore in a year where he did not extend Jason Garrett- who, oh by the way, his calling card is as an offensive playcaller himself- and he’s again denied this offseason a chance to call plays with his own fate hanging in the balance here. Jerry said [to Moore], ‘Look,’ and he said this publicly, ‘If you and Jon Kitna, if your ideas are not being implemented by the head coach, come to me. Come to me. Circumvent the head coach and come to me, and I will take care of it.’

“He basically told Garrett, effectively, to stand down and, ‘You’re going to work with what these guys want to go with, and that’s who we’re going to be because the way you’ve tried to do it just hasn’t produced the results we want.'”
“Basically told.....” blah blah blah. You shouldn’t just grab the first thing that comes up on Google and take it as the truth. Jerry told ALL the coaches

“The latter has been mandated by owner Jerry Jones who said he has told all the coaches he wants fresh ideas and if it’s not being implemented to call him.”
Can’t post the link as it’s forbidden here.

sideon

Reaction score
He'll get props when he's celebrating the team winning the NFCCG, you don't get props for beating 2 of the possible worst teams in football.

windjc

Reaction score
LOL...…...yah, I ran my own commercial finance company for 25 years. Sold it 2 years ago at the age of 47 and retired. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Any other stupid comments? Your break is over, time to start flipping burgers again. :flagwave::flagwave:

"Garrett runs the whole show:" Duh...…………...:lmao2::lmao2:
Congrats. I retired at 44 from a career in entertainment and from business investments.

But why are you on here trolling this board like a 5 year old? Don’t you have something more “big idea oriented” to do with your life?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well obviously we need to take Jimmy to task for hiring this irrelevant person, what an idiot!

In order to compare Garret to Jimmy Johnson, Garret first needs to have won something. So, again, your comment is irrelevant and makes no sense. Maybe debate isn't your thing and you should stick to shooting animals.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
If we get to the Superbowl this year I will give him credit.

10 years of process ....... As a fan ...... I need some results from all that process.

What do you mean?

Lots of process goes in to losing.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett was ready to roll with Linehan this year until JJ and SJ said you're rolling with Moore. From here that makes JG look practically incompetent. Harsh but you can't argue with facts.

You have no idea what the facts are or what went down re: Moore and Linehan.

This is Garrett’s team. If he gets blamed for the failures, he gets the credit for the success, too.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Congrats. I retired at 44 from a career in entertainment and from business investments.

But why are you on here trolling this board like a 5 year old? Don’t you have something more “big idea oriented” to do with your life?

Congrats to you as well. Had me beat by 3 years.

And no, I am done with the big idea thing. Two young daughters of 5 and 3. Built a home 2 years ago on Florida and just got done remodeling a summer home in NH.

Working on my golf game and raising my daughters. If something comes along that peaks my interest then I might have a go.

As far as trolling the site its comic relief.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have said many many things about Garrett and changed your stance over time to attempt to diffuse your love for Garrett.

This isn’t true.

But I will say that, since you don’t understand most of what you read and reply to, it probably genuinely seems that way to you.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You have no idea what the facts are or what went down re: Moore and Linehan.

This is Garrett’s team. If he gets blamed for the failures, he gets the credit for the success, too.

Definitely NOT Garretts team, its Jerry's team. He fires and hires the coaches like he fired Garrett from being the OC, fired Linehan and promoted Moore. Also made a point to put Garrett in his place with the offense by telling him to stay out of the way of Moore.

Those are the facts you are having an embarrassing time wrapping your head around.

IF it Garrett's team then why doenst he have a new contract already?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL...…...yah, I ran my own commercial finance company for 25 years. Sold it 2 years ago at the age of 47 and retired. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Any other stupid comments? Your break is over, time to start flipping burgers again. :flagwave::flagwave:

"Garrett runs the whole show:" Duh...…………...:lmao2::lmao2:

Hilarious.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This isn’t true.

But I will say that, since you don’t understand most of what you read and reply to, it probably genuinely seems that way to you.

Your signature is proof enough for anyone that doesn't know your history on here.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Definitely NOT Garretts team, its Jerry's team. He fires and hires the coaches like he fired Garrett from being the OC, fired Linehan and promoted Moore. Also made a point to put Garrett in his place with the offense by telling him to stay out of the way of Moore.

Those are the facts you are having an embarrassing time wrapping your head around.

IF it Garrett's team then why doenst he have a new contract already?

Jerry’s the owner. Garrett’s the head coach, and he gets the same credit and blame any other head coach earns. It’s irrelevant that you don’t care to admit that.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your signature is proof enough for anyone that doesn't know your history on here.

To you, because you don’t understand how quotes work for some reason.

To the rest of us, the quotes in the sig are evidence that a lot of people a lot closer to the action than we are disagree with popular consensus about Jason Garrett. Because popular consensus is agreed upon by disappointed fools who don’t have enough access to what’s really been going on to have an informed opinion but don’t know better than to realize that fact.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Jerry’s the owner. Garrett’s the head coach, and he gets the same credit and blame any other head coach earns. It’s irrelevant that you don’t care to admit that.

On the contrary Garrett is a puppet with minimal control. He has also had specific duties here that he has failed at and been fired from those duties.

He also has a 30 years old QB coach that was brought it to run the offense because Garrett couldn't do it correctly. And the young OC is making Garrett look like a turd.

And its killing you.