Prosecutor in Taylor's case screws up.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
He must be the dumbest prosecutor ever

This was a very flimsy case from the start, relying on witnesses who have criminal records themselves to implicate Taylor

And now this? This is too good to be true, what dolts at the Miami DA's office

superpunk

Reaction score
That is shamefully embarassing, but has no bearing on the actual strength of the case.

wileedog

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/newssentinel/sports/14326081.htm

Apparently, the prosecutor has been using this high profile case to promote himself as a DJ. :eek: :laugh2: The case has been delayed until May 8th, but I don't see how it hasn't been outright dismissed since the defense has proven the prosecutor has alterior motives on his mind than justice.

Why would the case be dismissed for something the prosecutor did outside of the courtroom which had no bearing on it?

superpunk

Reaction score
wileedog said:
Why would the case be dismissed for something the prosecutor did outside of the courtroom which had no bearing on it?

Bizzaro logic.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
superpunk said:
That is shamefully embarassing, but has no bearing on the actual strength of the case.

Sure it does.

The guy was using this case to promote himself. Ethics, conflict of interest, and just conduct in general

The case itself was very flimsy to begin with, witnesses who themselves have criminal backgrounds, and a "he said she said" type deal

Now its been pushed back a 6th time. Me thinks after the DA's hijinks this case will be dismissed

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
He advertised his his prosecutorial cases on a website that promotes his DJ activity. Does that sound just a little like misconduct?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
If true, what a moron.

I'm not an attorney so I couldn't comment on what effect this would have on the actual case.

wileedog

Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
He advertised his his prosecutorial cases on a website that promotes his DJ activity. Does that sound just a little like misconduct?

What bearing does that have on the case itself?

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/newssentinel/sports/14326081.htm

Apparently, the prosecutor has been using this high profile case to promote himself as a DJ. :eek: :laugh2: The case has been delayed until May 8th, but I don't see how it hasn't been outright dismissed since the defense has proven the prosecutor has alterior motives on his mind than justice.

ROTFLMAO... this is in the same category as you guys woofin' "the judge is gonna throw the case out" a week or so back...

That didn't happen, did it??

Defense attorneys make motion after motion after motion routinely, hoping to get the case thrown out before it makes it to trial... this one will lose too, because whether or not the prosecutor had "alterior motives" (the word is ULTERIOR, son), has no relevance to the merits of the case...

It's freakin' HILARIOUS, watching you desperate losers praying that something, ANYTHING, will keep Taylor from actually having to stand trial... the notion that the DA is prosecuting this in order to promote his DJ career is just LUDICROUS...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
He must be the dumbest prosecutor ever

This was a very flimsy case from the start, relying on witnesses who have criminal records themselves to implicate Taylor

Oh, you know who's on the witness list, do you??

Of course you don't, homer... you don't know if the DA doesn't have innocent bystanders, people with no REASON to lie... you don't know if the DA hasn't gotten one of Taylor's buddies to flip on him...

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
wileedog said:

If it had no bearing, the judge wouldn't agree to have the court date delayed again. Apparently, he feels it does matter.

This man was using the case to boost up his side job as a DJ. A high profile case. Think about that objectively for a second. Doesn't this show he has other motives in this case besides pursuing the truth. Why not do whatever it takes to keep this trial going, even if he has very little case, it's giving him free publicity as a DJ.

It is shameful, and I'm surprised he isn't a full-time DJ now and not a just a part-time one.

burmafrd

Reaction score
When it gets into the courtroom- thats when it matters. The Defense has not exactly shined either.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:

From reading the story he posted links to stories about the case. He personally did not write stories and put up there. If he personally was writing something I could see misconduct, but posting newspaper links and sources is not misconduct

burmafrd

Reaction score
The PUNK will have to stand trial- and hopefully will be doing 3 years- just what he deserves.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Right.

And it certainly would be the first time an attorney used a high profile case to attempt to promote his/her candidacy for DA.:rolleyes:

thewivil

Reaction score
the article said:
Although the articles could not be found on the site Wednesday, Sharpstein provided copies to reporters as well as the page - titled "links to my press coverage" - showing where the link had been located.

So basically, there is no hard evidence he ever did this to begin with.

Also, I still fail to see any reason why the case should be dismissed based on the prosecutor's actions. If anything, the prosecutor should be dismissed and another one put in his place.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
If it had no bearing, the judge wouldn't agree to have the court date delayed again. Apparently, he feels it does matter.

This man was using the case to boost up his side job as a DJ. A high profile case. Think about that objectively for a second. Doesn't this show he has other motives in this case besides pursuing the truth. Why not do whatever it takes to keep this trial going, even if he has very little case, it's giving him free publicity as a DJ.

It is shameful, and I'm surprised he isn't a full-time DJ now and not a just a part-time one.

A judge will always delay it so he has time to look into the allegations that means nothing. Same thing occured last week when we were told how the case was being dismissed thats why the judge postponed it then too remember.

superpunk

Reaction score
In my limited knowledge of the law, I think prosecutorial misconduct only occurs if the prosecutor's conduct allows the defendant to argue that they are not liable because the prosecution acted unfairly, or inappropriately, i.e. set the defendant up. Misconduct is generally something that is claimed because of the way evidence was handled, (I'm thinking OJ's case had something like that), or the prosecution knowingly set someone up to break the law.

DA's use high-profile cases to advance themselves all the time, although generally it's political advancement, not DJ Jazzy jeff....

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but this sure is funny...lol.

I guess they don't pay the pros. too much down there if he needs a side business as a DJ. This can't be the head guy...sheesh...lol