Prosecutor in Taylor's case screws up.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
:D I actually cracked a smile at that one...don't expect too much of that, though. :)

if i were a skins fan i wouldn't either.

conner01

Reaction score
hate to rain on your little skins parade but this is no big deal. this attorney has filed motion after motion to get this dismissed and has failed on everyone,as he will on this one. in order to prove misconduct you have to show it has a bearing on the case. even if all is true it has no bearing on whether or not taylor did what he is accused of.ethically he may have crossed the line on self promotion but legally it will have nothing to do with the case. and to say the judge postponed the trial because of this and that means something is really out there. he postoned it to hear the argument, once he dismisses the argument it will be right back on the docket.keep dreaming, this is going to trial unless seasn pleads it out

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander said:
And what exactly is his lawyer supposed to say? He is a shameless thug?

Sorry if Taylor's attorneys perspective doesn't impress me.

All I have to say is all of you Commander fans that infest this board would be all over this if it were a Cowboy.

You know it. I know it.

Whatever. This is my first time bringing up this topic, since nearly everytime I see a cowboys fan in here mention Taylor, they bring up this case. I thought this was something you would actually be interested in hearing about, but I guess that only applies when you read something that you can use as ammo in an argument with Skins fans. :rolleyes: Silly me, I should've known better.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
If it had no bearing, the judge wouldn't agree to have the court date delayed again. Apparently, he feels it does matter.

There are all kinds of reasons that judge might have granted a continuance...

This man was using the case to boost up his side job as a DJ. A high profile case.

A VERY high profile case, one with NATIONAL attention... it would take a special kind of idiot to engage in anything that could be construed as misconduct, with the white hot glare of the spotlight on him that way... having the case dismissed because of any actual misconduct would DESTROY the guy's career as a prosecutor...

And of course, having the case dismissed because of misconduct would simply mean that the DA's office would assign another prosecutor to the case, and re-file the charges... I'm not a lawyer, so I'm not certain about this, but I don't think they'd even have to get a new indictment...

Think about that objectively for a second.

Said the guy who clearly has no objectivity whatsoever... we can SMELL your desperation, homer...

Doesn't this show he has other motives in this case besides pursuing the truth.

Nope... your logic is nonexistent... this doesn't prove that he filed charges to further his career, because his MAIN career is as a prosecutor... you can bet that gig pays a LOT better than any DJ gig would... and if he screwed that case up by engaging in REAL misconduct, he'd be committing professional suicide...

I'll tell you what, come up with a Florida statute that says that what this prosecutor did vis a vis his DJ work constitutes misconduct, and maybe then we'll start to take your desperate raving seriously...

Why not do whatever it takes to keep this trial going, even if he has very little case, it's giving him free publicity as a DJ.

Are you REALLY so completely stupid as to think that he puts his DJ "career" against his career as a prosecutor?? Being a DJ is MOONLIGHTING for him, a PART TIME job... his MAIN job is being a prosecutor...

And again, exactly what about advertising his role in this prosecution to further his DJ career constitutes "misconduct"??

Answer-- nothing... zippo... bupkus... nada... nil...

I'm surprised he isn't a full-time DJ now and not a just a part-time one.

BINGO!!! FINALLY, you get it... being a DJ is a PART TIME job for him, being a prosecutor is his bread and butter... and even if you're not smart enough to figure out that risking dismissal of the case for prosecutorial misconduct would kill his REAL job, he certainly is...

You're a fool if you think this latest revelation will do anything other than cause him some personal embarrassment... you're certifiable if you think it gives the defense any excuse whatsoever for dismissal... they know that too, this is all designed to embarrass the poor guy... and inasmuch as what he's done is pretty low-class, pretty tacky, he deserves the embarrassment...

He should be embarrassed to have anybody know what he moonlights as anyway... LOL...

rkstevens

Reaction score
sacase said:
So you are saying Ed Hock-a-lugi or whatever his name is has a conflict of interest because he is a lawyer and a NFL ref? Can you question his decision making process because he makes a bad call of the football field?
Or if you're NFL Commissioner and also a Commanders season ticket holder?

superpunk

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Whatever. This is my first time bringing up this topic, since nearly everytime I see a cowboys fan in here mention Taylor, they bring up this case. I thought this was something you actually be interested in hearing about, but I guess that only applies when you read something that you can use as ammo in an argument with Skins fans. :rolleyes: Silly me, I should've known better.

It is ammo. Ammo that Skins fans will hang onto this frivolous BS brought forward by Taylor's attorney, while dry-humping Taylor's leg thinking this has any bearing whatsoever on the actual case. I see you've ignored mine and others posts on what prosecutorial misconduct even involves.

Hint; it doesn't involve lame-*** self promotion by wannabe DJ's.

superpunk

Reaction score
The Chewbacca Defense is a term for any legal strategy or propaganda strategy that seeks to overwhelm its audience with nonsensical arguments, as a way of confusing the audience and drowning out legitimate opposing arguments. It is thus a kind of logical fallacy: specifically, a red herring fallacy and non sequitur similar to argumentum ad nauseam.

* Cochran: Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, Chef's attorney would certainly want you to believe that his client wrote "Stinky Britches" ten years ago. And they make a good case. Hell, I almost felt pity myself! But, ladies and gentlemen of the this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!
* Gerald Broflovski: ******!
* Chef: What?
* Gerald: He's using the Chewbacca Defense!
* Cochran: Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, [approaches and softens] does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
**REMINDER**

Please remember what Football Forum you are posting on SkinFans. This will help you understand fully why people are not cuddling w/ you in the Sean Taylor blankie of fantasy.

That is all.

silverbear

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
So this is all made up? The defense showed the judge print-outs of the prosecutors website where he used the case as promotion.

Never said it was made up, homer... I said that even if it was true, it doesn't come CLOSE to prosecutorial misconduct...

Funny, this is the first time I've ever made any post on this particular subject yet somehow I get grouped in with some other Skins fans who said the case would be thrown out a while ago.

Hey, you're doing EXACTLY what those homers did... if you don't want to be lumped in with them, perhaps you should stop acting like them... problem is, that would require you to THINK, and you're clearly not equipped for that...

Not if you REALLY think that advertising your role in a high-profile court case to publicize your part time job constitutes "misconduct"...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
I thought this was something you would actually be interested in hearing about, but I guess that only applies when you read something that you can use as ammo in an argument with Skins fans. :rolleyes: Silly me, I should've known better.

So a bunch of Commander fans hoping that he gets off scott free would be interesting?

I don't think so.

If I wanted to read that drivel, I would visit one of your boards.

silverbear

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
It looks like DJ Greico will be a full time DJ now

I am sorry, I should have used the word accuser's, not witnesses

They stole the damn ATV's

Strange how they haven't been charged with doing any such thing...

sacase

Reaction score
I took a sip of what most skins fans have been drinking and I have a revalation.

The reason the Defense is DESPERATLY trying to not let this case go to trial is becasue they know the Prosecution has a strong case against ST and if it makes it to trial he WILL go to jail. Mmmm that Homeraid was good.

But for real. I do think that the defense is really worried about letting the case get to trial. They are tryin to use things that have no bearing on the trial to get it thrown out. sounds to me like they are the ones who are worried.

wileedog

Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
DJ, not DA!

What's the difference why you pimp the case? Other than looking a little silly, its the same damn thing.

silverbear

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Talk to the guy defending Taylor to get an objective analysis....

Yeah, I see nothing wrong with that.:rolleyes:

ROTFLMAO... the guys at Extremeskins are too freakin' stupid to figure out that the defense attorney is gonna spin the story in the manner most favorable to their client...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Whatever. This is my first time bringing up this topic, since nearly everytime I see a cowboys fan in here mention Taylor, they bring up this case. I thought this was something you would actually be interested in hearing about, but I guess that only applies when you read something that you can use as ammo in an argument with Skins fans. :rolleyes: Silly me, I should've known better.

you want us to be objective, you start.

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Exactly what "conflict of interest" do you see here, homer??

Said the homer who doesn't have the first clue what kind of case the DA really has... let's just say that if it really was as flimsy as you say it is, the judge would have dismissed it by now...

At the request of the DEFENSE...

Methinks (that's the correct word there, homer) you don't think at all... what you're doing is desperately HOPING that Sean will get off scot-free, and you don't really care if he's guilty or not...

This case will go to trial, and soon...

The prosecution requested the continuance this time. Check the county's court website or an extremeskins thread from this morning. Get your facts together.

rkstevens

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152349

ES chat with Taylor's attorney

Educate yourselves

Here is a quote on the accusers

"As you know, we’ve already had one motion (to dismiss) due to the criminal history of the people involved in this case. We’re not talking about one crime. We’re talking multiple criminal offenses. I’ve said all of them are either in jail, on their way to jail or should be in jail. Ryan Hill, one of the “victims” in the case has already hired a civil lawyer to sue Sean. He’s gone from thievery to legal thievery. He and two of the other men involved in the case were stopped on March 3 driving a pickup down U.S. 1 with a stolen ATV in the back. They said it was theirs, but it was reported as stolen."

Didn't Johnnie Cochran and Shapiro also say that O.J. Simpson was completely innocent and there was no way he could have committed those heinous murders? We should believe them too since they were O.J.'s lawyers, right?

If the victims were thieves, then Sean Taylor must be freed!

If the prosecutor has DJ'ed, the trial must be delayed!

If the DA has spun tunes, then Sean Taylor must not be a goon!

If the DA has been spinning the hits, Sean Taylor's case must be dismissed!

superpunk

Reaction score
sacase said:
I took a sip of what most skins fans have been drinking and I have a revalation.

Drinking gasoline, sipping or not....is bad for you. Stop.