Put Justin Herbert under the same microscope you put Dak under

khiladi

Reaction score
Austin Ekeleron no planet whatsoever is forcing the advantageous looks Zeke and this RG did and do. Now we got resident Dak-stans already making excuses that the Chargers roster is superior than the Cowboys…

Herbert got sacked 32 times last year starting 15 games. In 2019, Dak got sacked a whopping 23 times in 16 games and that was without and WR for half the season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
First let me say I think Justin Herbert is a good young QB who should continue to learn and develop yet if you put him under the same microscope as Dak then it amazes me how Dak critics can be so high on Justin and acting like he is the 2nd coming of Tom Brady.

Fact is Herbert has never beaten a winning team his wins have been against the Jags, Jets, falcons, raiders, broncos and yes week 17 last year vs KC who did not play Mahomes or most of the starters and now he beat the Washington football team. Yet we are supposed to act as if Justin is some unbeatable QB? looks to be he has been beat many times himself and in Dallas would likely be mocked and attacked constantly

Cowboys did have their struggle on defense this past game vs Tampa and Brady a team who avg 30 points a game last season and won the SB to boot. Justin is not Brady and LA Chargers are not Tampa. Cowboys have a good chance of winning this game.
Fortunately there are fans and analysts who can evaluate talent without the results of the team.

There’s a reason Herbert is being touted as high as he is.

Some top draft picks actually meet their potential . And when they do often become elite.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I believe both QBs are great and both should be talked about as top 10 guys.
Dak has definitely developed into a top 10 caliber QB.

But Herbert appears to be a special kind of talent. More of a pure throwback pure passer. That doesn’t mean he’ll make a greater QB or have more success.

It takes more than just raw talent in this league. We’ve seen many top draft picks bust.

plasticman

Reaction score
Poor Chargers,,,,,,forced to start the season against back to back NFC East teams....I'll bet they were just shaking in their shoes.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Justin Herbert IMO is the best pure QB to arrive in years, he has vision, presence, fantastic arm and smarts.
He will be a super star for years to come. Dak has great potential and will be a solid, possible all pro QB.

waving monkey

Reaction score
First let me say I think Justin Herbert is a good young QB who should continue to learn and develop yet if you put him under the same microscope as Dak then it amazes me how Dak critics can be so high on Justin and acting like he is the 2nd coming of Tom Brady.

Fact is Herbert has never beaten a winning team his wins have been against the Jags, Jets, falcons, raiders, broncos and yes week 17 last year vs KC who did not play Mahomes or most of the starters and now he beat the Washington football team. Yet we are supposed to act as if Justin is some unbeatable QB? looks to be he has been beat many times himself and in Dallas would likely be mocked and attacked constantly

Cowboys did have their struggle on defense this past game vs Tampa and Brady a team who avg 30 points a game last season and won the SB to boot. Justin is not Brady and LA Chargers are not Tampa. Cowboys have a good chance of winning this game.
Nobody is saying Dak's not a top QB in the league [well you know what I mean]. Dak breathes fire and his overall talent is special. So is Herbert but Herbert already is diagnosing the field beyond his years in the league. Plus his pass is a thing of beauty. Ive noticed he seems to be passing shorter I haven't looked at his YPA. I noticed fewer long balls this year and thats teaching I presume. We can beat the bolt but I expect a loss.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
The defense was Swiss cheese especially towards the end of the season.

The last 6 games of 2016 saw Dallas go 4-2 while the defense gave up the following points: 26, 15, 10, 20, 21, and 27.......that is an average of 19.83 points/game.....hardly 'swiss cheese' as you stated.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Poor Chargers,,,,,,forced to start the season against back to back NFC East teams....I'll bet they were just shaking in their shoes.
We were underdogs in this game even with everyone healthy and or not suspended.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1 year player on his rookie deal vs a 5 year vet maxing near max money and you want to compare them so you feel better about your QB?