Put Justin Herbert under the same microscope you put Dak under

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well, Ben DiNucci is also younger and cheaper than Dak, so there are limits...
I'm saying in regards to a discussion where its two good QB's? If its Dak vs Joe Burrow? I'd probably take Burrow and his contract. Its not just Dak. I'd take Herbert and his contract over Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers....its just what it is.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If you're interested, look up Chargers vs. Miami playoff game.
I think it went into double overtime. Winslow blocked a GW FG attempt.
It was a great game!
Nice gonna see if I can find it....always interested in looking at some of the past years talent and compare it what we see today.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
At 4300 yards, 31 TDs and 10 INTs, Justin Herbert’s rookie season is already the greatest statistic season a Charger has ever had.

Couple that with the fact that it wasn’t even a full year (Tyrod Taylor opened as their starter), and it would be a bit of a disappointment if he didn’t finish 2021 entrenched as a top 10 QB in the NFL.

That’s my Dak microscope on Justin Herbert. Week 2 opponent is a legit gunslinger.

You do realize that Dak’s stats over the last 16 games he started are 5700 yards and 36 TDs?

So if Herbert’s numbers make him a “legit gunslinger”— what do Dak’s numbers suggest?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You do realize that Dak’s stats over the last 16 games are 5700 yards and 36 TDs?

So if Herbert’s numbers make him a “legit gunslinger”— what do Dak’s numbers suggest?
The numbers are great, but there's a lot of empty yards.

When Peyton Manning threw for that many yards in 16 games 55 passing TDs came with it.

Dak has 36 passing TDs with all those yards. That's only 5 more than Herbert threw in 15 games last year.

bigE79

Reaction score
The Chargers offense was fun to watch in those days.
It was called "Air Coryell" after their coach.

John Jefferson
Charlie Joiner (later replaced by Wes Chandler)
Kellen Winslow
Chuck Muncie at RB

But their defense sucked. Sounds familiar.
JJ was unreal,that guy made some of the greatest catches ever.

blueblood70

Reaction score
First let me say I think Justin Herbert is a good young QB who should continue to learn and develop yet if you put him under the same microscope as Dak then it amazes me how Dak critics can be so high on Justin and acting like he is the 2nd coming of Tom Brady.

Fact is Herbert has never beaten a winning team his wins have been against the Jags, Jets, falcons, raiders, broncos and yes week 17 last year vs KC who did not play Mahomes or most of the starters and now he beat the Washington football team. Yet we are supposed to act as if Justin is some unbeatable QB? looks to be he has been beat many times himself and in Dallas would likely be mocked and attacked constantly

Cowboys did have their struggle on defense this past game vs Tampa and Brady a team who avg 30 points a game last season and won the SB to boot. Justin is not Brady and LA Chargers are not Tampa. Cowboys have a good chance of winning this game.

agreed fans go out of their way around here to attack and pick apart many of our players while in the same breath propping up our opponents. Makes zero sense..

Herbert does look lie another great young qb with potential but has zero skins on the wall and being called stud..hes not even better then the guy he replaced yet, guy name Philip Rivers has plenty of stats if thats what these fans need and want..

JH has long way to go before hes stacked up against the better nfl players. I thinks hes very talented, odd he was supposed to be the next coming his 2/3rd year in college and got overshadowed by Lawerence and others and it turns out the early grades and compliments were correct.

however you are correct Daks game gets dissected to point it sad fan here can appreciate what daks done so far in his career. Yet hey they will list 10 other they FEEL are better..

RoboQB

Reaction score
JJ was unreal,that guy made some of the greatest catches ever.

He was amazing.

I just noticed where I mistakenly put Wes Chandler as replacing Charlie Joiner.
As you probably know, Chandler replaced JJ, who went to GB.
Chandler was no slouch in the amazing catches category either.

bigE79

Reaction score
He was amazing.

I just noticed where I mistakenly put Wes Chandler as replacing Charlie Joiner.
As you probably know, Chandler replaced JJ, who went to GB.
Chandler was no slouch in the amazing catches category either.
When JJ went to the pack,he was never the same,I think Lynn dickey was the qb...just think,the saints had Muncie and Chandler and traded them away.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The greatest statistical season in Charger history belongs to Dan Fouts.
He threw for over 4800 yards and 33 TDs in 1981.

…and 17 interceptions at 59% completion. He just threw a lot, and was not particularly efficient at it.

Herbert did it with 66.6% completion, only 10 picks, AND in fewer games.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You do realize that Dak’s stats over the last 16 games he started are 5700 yards and 36 TDs?

I do realize that.

And in Dak’s first 15 starts, he threw for 4000 yards and 26 TDs. He was a bit more conservative.

Imagine Herbert at Dak’s current experience.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Herbert has a cap hit of $6m. If Dak had a cap hit of $6m, he would have a lot less detractors. In a few years when Herbert asks for $60m per year, he will get a lot more criticism if he hasn't had playoff success.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Herbert has a cap hit of $6m. If Dak had a cap hit of $6m, he would have a lot less detractors. In a few years when Herbert asks for $60m per year, he will get a lot more criticism if he hasn't had playoff success.
umm nOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

he had detractors prior to his new deal thats fact,,they argued over whether to sign him and for what for 3 years,,where have you been to miss all that fun..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Herbert has never beaten a winning team or The Chargers have not beaten a winning team with Herbert as their QB? There's a difference.

We all know Dak has done enough to win some guys but has been let down by other aspects of the team. Are we not giving Herbert that same treatment?
are you giving Dak that same treatment?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
At 4300 yards, 31 TDs and 10 INTs, Justin Herbert’s rookie season is already the greatest statistic season a Charger has ever had.

Couple that with the fact that it wasn’t even a full year (Tyrod Taylor opened as their starter), and it would be a bit of a disappointment if he didn’t finish 2021 entrenched as a top 10 QB in the NFL.

That’s my Dak microscope on Justin Herbert. Week 2 opponent is a legit gunslinger.
but with the same breath you ignore and dismiss all of Dak's stats...yet here you are touting Herbert's stats...hmmmm biased!?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
And a bigger microscope is Herbert is 1-0, Dak is 0-1. That is the one i stick with and the most important. Dak needs to get it going if he wants to keep up. Let's see who wins this one.
so you just said wins and losses are all QB stats and nobody else..got it :thumbup:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Herbert is basically already where Dak is but it's not taken him 5 years in the league to get there. He came into the league there. That's why he was a top draft pick. He's better than most would have thought he would be.

Both guys can easily be considered top 10 QBs in the league.
Have you even watched Herbert play? How many times? Full game or just highlights. Don’t lie.