Put Justin Herbert under the same microscope you put Dak under

blueblood70

Reaction score
the whole QBs that dont have a winning record against winning teams thing was made soecificially for Cowboys QBs because if Dak were on any other team hed be considered top 5 no question

it was the same with Romo

its 90% defense that craps the bed against good teams

i saw Romo put up 48 points in a game and the defense give up 51

ive seen countless times romo or dak lead a late score just for the defense to give it right back

ahh the denver manning game

true..and romo gets a OL pushed back into his follow through, bumped into him for that final INT and the blame was romo sux and it was his fault..lmao nearly 600yards of offense and that many points and the blame goes to our qb..smh

JayFord

Reaction score
btw, Stafford is 7-76 against teams with a winning record.....only 4 active QBs have a winning record.....even the great rodgers has a losing record.

it gets magnified because of the star on his helmet and Stafford they bought up the fact that his team let him down

but when it comes to Dallas? oh Dak is the reason they loss, not the defense blowing countless games

USArmyVet

Reaction score
it gets magnified because of the star on his helmet and Stafford they bought up the fact that his team let him down

but when it comes to Dallas? oh Dak is the reason they loss, not the defense blowing countless games

How many seasons are people going to blame everything but Dak?

JayFord

Reaction score
ahh the denver manning game

true..and romo gets a OL pushed back into his follow through, bumped into him for that final INT and the blame was romo sux and it was his fault..lmao nearly 600yards of offense and that many points and the blame goes to our qb..smh

A defense that gave up 51 points and people were really blaming the guy that outdueled peyton manning and manning had 450 yards and 4 touchdowns

but oh Romo cost them the game like 48 points isnt enough to win

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
The numbers are great, but there's a lot of empty yards.

When Peyton Manning threw for that many yards in 16 games 55 passing TDs came with it.

Dak has 36 passing TDs with all those yards. That's only 5 more than Herbert threw in 15 games last year.

“empty yards”

So how many of Herbert’s yards do I get to subtract from his yardage total? Anytime he throws a pass when playing from behind?

And yes, Dak threw 4 more TDs in one more game than Herbert. Not sure how that makes Herbert somehow better than Dak in your brain— but whatevs

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I do realize that.

And in Dak’s first 15 starts, he threw for 4000 yards and 26 TDs. He was a bit more conservative.

Imagine Herbert at Dak’s current experience.

Herbert is a great young QB. No problem with him getting some respect.

But if he gets some respect— for putting up lesser numbers over a shorter period of time than Dak— then surely Dak deserves some respect as well. Right?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
“empty yards”

So how many of Herbert’s yards do I get to subtract from his yardage total? Anytime he throws a pass when playing from behind?

And yes, Dak threw 4 more TDs in one more game than Herbert. Not sure how that makes Herbert somehow better than Dak in your brain— but whatevs
Empty yards don't automatically mean playing from behind.

5,700 yards and only 36 TDs is not a good thing. Peyton Manning threw 55 TDs when he threw for 5,500 yards.

When you're not scoring TDs but throwing for that amount of yards then what's happening? Because we're not winning games. A lot of empty yards that are equaling FG attempts or nothing at all.

Yes, Dak threw 4 more TDs in that span than Herbert did last year. It only took him 1,400 more yards and 1 more game to do it.

Don't be so sensitive about it.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Herbert is a great young QB. No problem with him getting some respect.

But if he gets some respect— for putting up lesser numbers over a shorter period of time than Dak— then surely Dak deserves some respect as well. Right?

Yes, and bring up Tom Brady too. If Dak gets respect for putting up stats and no rings this far in his career, shouldn’t Tom Brady get respect for winning 3 rings by this point in Dak’s career? Oh! How about Aikman too. Let’s think of some other QBs to randomly bring into this conversation about Justin Herbert’s rookie year.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yes, and bring up Tom Brady too. If Dak gets respect for putting up stats and no rings this far in his career, shouldn’t Tom Brady get respect for winning 3 rings by this point in Dak’s career? Oh! How about Aikman too. Let’s think of some other QBs to randomly bring into this conversation about Justin Herbert’s rookie year.
Man, don't bring up Aikman.

I hate watching posters throw him through the mud to try and defend Dak =[

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
First let me say I think Justin Herbert is a good young QB who should continue to learn and develop yet if you put him under the same microscope as Dak then it amazes me how Dak critics can be so high on Justin and acting like he is the 2nd coming of Tom Brady.

Fact is Herbert has never beaten a winning team his wins have been against the Jags, Jets, falcons, raiders, broncos and yes week 17 last year vs KC who did not play Mahomes or most of the starters and now he beat the Washington football team. Yet we are supposed to act as if Justin is some unbeatable QB? looks to be he has been beat many times himself and in Dallas would likely be mocked and attacked constantly

Cowboys did have their struggle on defense this past game vs Tampa and Brady a team who avg 30 points a game last season and won the SB to boot. Justin is not Brady and LA Chargers are not Tampa. Cowboys have a good chance of winning this game.
No QB can stand up to the standards Dak is asked to live up to by his biggest critics. That said, it doesn’t mean every criticism they have is without merit.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

5,700 yards and only 36 TDs is not a good thing. Peyton Manning threw 55 TDs when he threw for 5,500 yards.

When you're not scoring TDs but throwing for that amount of yards then what's happening? Because we're not winning games. A lot of empty yards that are equaling FG attempts or nothing at all.

Yes, Dak threw 4 more TDs in that span than Herbert did last year. It only took him 1,400 more yards and 1 more game to do it.

Sensitive? Lol

I think Dak is more accomplished than Herbert, and the stats that have been bandied about to try and say otherwise are weak-sauce. Happy to agree to disagree :thumbup:

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

You threw Herbert some bouquets— for lesser stats— so I am just looking for some consistency— why no love for Dak?

waving monkey

Reaction score
First let me say I think Justin Herbert is a good young QB who should continue to learn and develop yet if you put him under the same microscope as Dak then it amazes me how Dak critics can be so high on Justin and acting like he is the 2nd coming of Tom Brady.

Fact is Herbert has never beaten a winning team his wins have been against the Jags, Jets, falcons, raiders, broncos and yes week 17 last year vs KC who did not play Mahomes or most of the starters and now he beat the Washington football team. Yet we are supposed to act as if Justin is some unbeatable QB? looks to be he has been beat many times himself and in Dallas would likely be mocked and attacked constantly

Cowboys did have their struggle on defense this past game vs Tampa and Brady a team who avg 30 points a game last season and won the SB to boot. Justin is not Brady and LA Chargers are not Tampa. Cowboys have a good chance of winning this game.
Justin is Brady Brady's 2nd year

kevm3

Reaction score
How many seasons are people going to blame everything but Dak?

Let us know when you've found a qb that is averaging 35 to 40 points a game that makes no mistakes on offense so as to compensate for our defense.

kevm3

Reaction score

Herbert went 7 and 9 last year, so I guess he threw for a ton of garbage yards too

Verdict

Reaction score

You will be flogged by the walking dead for saying that.