Put Justin Herbert under the same microscope you put Dak under

Sydla

Reaction score
First let me say I think Justin Herbert is a good young QB who should continue to learn and develop yet if you put him under the same microscope as Dak then it amazes me how Dak critics can be so high on Justin and acting like he is the 2nd coming of Tom Brady.

Fact is Herbert has never beaten a winning team his wins have been against the Jags, Jets, falcons, raiders, broncos and yes week 17 last year vs KC who did not play Mahomes or most of the starters and now he beat the Washington football team. Yet we are supposed to act as if Justin is some unbeatable QB? looks to be he has been beat many times himself and in Dallas would likely be mocked and attacked constantly

Cowboys did have their struggle on defense this past game vs Tampa and Brady a team who avg 30 points a game last season and won the SB to boot. Justin is not Brady and LA Chargers are not Tampa. Cowboys have a good chance of winning this game.

I think the issue isn't necessarily Herbert here. The issue that some have with regards to the Cowboys winning is this team hasn't been all that good the last couple of years, the defense still seems like a massive question mark, etc.

Focusing on Herbert and claiming people are acting like we can't beat the Chargers because of Herbert is a bit of a strawman. I think most that are concerned about this game aren't concerned with the who the Chargers are as much as they are concerned with who we are. We seem like an unbalanced team that can't play any defense still, has a struggling run game and the kicking game is sketchy.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Hawkeye, not trying to be confrontational but I don't understand that statement.

All you can factually compare is year 1 of each career. As a passer, Herbert far exceeded Dak. In fact, he exceeded everyone.

Exactly.

Dak has been doing it longer. If we are just comparing rookie year to rookie year— then fine— Herbert had a better rookie year statistically speaking.

But to insinuate he is the better QB? Nah. Dak has simply accomplished more at this point and Herbert needs to demonstrate consistency for a few years and prove he is not a one hit wonder

Verdict

Reaction score
I think Dak was paid too much as a percentage of the cap, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t want to see Dak succeed. I hope he brings us a SB.

It’s easy to see that Dak is constantly trying to improve. You have to appreciate a guy like that. The fact that some of you guys hate Dak so badly is really odd.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Not really Dak gets called out by his critics constantly, I don't see them say the Cowboys, no it is constantly directed at DAK lost, Dak did not win can't beat a winning team.

Again I like Justin Herbert my comments are directed to the critics to put Herbert under the same microscope they put Dak.
Critics are just click bait, and the trolls on here that eat it are just enjoying the long hanging fruit.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just for the sake of argument. There are equal. I think they’re a very good match ups in this game. I think we overall win by seven though. For some reason the charges choke was it because of The old quarterback who knows

Aven8

Reaction score
Herbert is the best looking QB I’ve seen since Mahomes came out. Just like Patrick no one expected it. He attacks down field and the middle a lot. This won’t be easy folks.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You threw Herbert some bouquets— for lesser stats— so I am just looking for some consistency— why no love for Dak?

Why is it inconsistent to not bring up Dak? This is a thread asking specifically about what people see in Herbert…

Last edited:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I do realize that.

And in Dak’s first 15 starts, he threw for 4000 yards and 26 TDs. He was a bit more conservative.

Imagine Herbert at Dak’s current experience.
Well Dak also had 6 rushing TDs to go with that 26 passing TDs. Who cares how he got the TDs. Not only that but Zeke was great in the redzone so that takes away as well.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Why is it inconsistent to not bring up Dak? This is a thread asking specifically about what people see in Herbert…

You’re right. No one in this forum bashes Dak lol…

You said Herbert was a “legit gunslinger”. What do you say Dak is? Answer the question this time please

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
At 4300 yards, 31 TDs and 10 INTs, Justin Herbert’s rookie season is already the greatest statistic season a Charger has ever had.

Couple that with the fact that it wasn’t even a full year (Tyrod Taylor opened as their starter), and it would be a bit of a disappointment if he didn’t finish 2021 entrenched as a top 10 QB in the NFL.

That’s my Dak microscope on Justin Herbert. Week 2 opponent is a legit gunslinger.
NFL records as well.