CFZ Put the blame where it most belongs

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is not how averages work.
Dude if you want say Jerry is great just say it. I’m not stopping you from from loving you some Jerry. Red carpet is all yours. Please continue telling us how great Jerry is. I’m here for it. Bring it. It’s an opinion forum. Please continue.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The guys on the FIELD, players and coaches deserve the blame..

basel90

Reaction score
we've blamed Kellen moore

dude has no feel for the game....who calls a double reverse when the drive was pounding the rock and getting 4 ypc
kellen is another Jason Garrett project for Jerry . The young promising player then coach that jerry is grooming . We all know how these projects end.
Kellen is basically in training at the helm of the most expensive franchise in the world.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Did you have DQ in mind ? When you hold NE and some of its obvious weapons to 19 that should be a W. Promote an Al Harris to DC then clean house on the offensive coaching side of the ball if things don’t improve as this season starts . It’s one game but what I’ve laid out could be a path forward in 2023.

As a matter of fact, I did. Ive said for a while that, if Mike's out, then DQ should be promoted. Payton isn't much different, and DQ got incredibly unlucky against the Pats in that second half. He's also 1-0 as an interim with us when Mike was out against the Saints. I think he'd make a great choice. Furthermore, Garrett and Mike are all offensive-minded, and they've failed (though, I get the distinct feeling that Moore is trying to give Mike the Wade Treatment). I think we do better when our HCs are defencive-minded, including with Wade with whom the only losing season we had was in 2010, and I think it's quite clear that he was sabotaged. The only defencive-minded HC that failed here miserably was Dave Campo, and that, in part, was because Jerry made some bafflingly destructive decisions such as passing on Randy Moss, trading for Galloway, and missing on Brady when we knew that Aikman was on his last legs (I was just starting as a new fan around then). I think if Jerry had the foresight of planning, then we'd have had a much different set of moves and who knows how things would've planned out?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
kellen is another Jason Garrett project for Jerry . The young promising player then coach that jerry is grooming . We all know how these projects end.
Kellen is basically in training at the helm of the most expensive franchise in the world.

And isn't it fascinating how he made some obscenely bad calls during the game? He's made horrific calls before, but Sunday was an absolute clinic on how not to playcall. I wonder if he's trying to follow Garrett's lead on sabotaging HCs for personal gain. I hope Jerry won't be fooled again

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kellen Moore is in year 4 of being an OC. What has he learned?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I’m not here to defend Dak. He was just flat awful Sun night and deserves a ton of criticism. Kellen Moore? Looked like a middle school coach in his first game. The WRs looked like guys that couldn’t get any separation. Cedee Lamb had 2 receptions on 11 targets. Terrance Steele couldn’t remember a snap count. The defense gave up 6 yards per rush. And on and on…

Those players looked as unprepared as they were in January vs the niners. That has to be on Mike McCarthy. When a team looks completely out of sync and unprepared, look first at the head coach and his assistants. Tampa Bay players said after the game that the Cowboys offensive scheme is easy to defend.

Lots of blame to go around. The players and coaches stunk it up and deserve their fair share of responsibility.

But folks…the blame for the lousy pitiful performance and pathetic state of this entire team we saw Sunday lays firmly at the feet of Jerry and his giggly sidekick son. The horrific smell coming out of AT&T originated from those two.

And what makes me a lot angrier than the players’ and coaches’ sorry performance is the continuing lousy performance of the guys who have THE most power in this organization. And unless I missed it, have taken ZERO responsibility for their failures.

Hearing SJ throw Cedee Lamb under the bus angers me not because Lamb didn’t deserve criticism. It was not hearing the Jones boys take any responsibility for their failure to once again put together a strong roster.

Get mad at Dak, and Cedee and Steele and McCarthy and Kellen if you choose. They deserve it. But get madder at the clowns who never take any personal responsibility for their failures and mistakes. That’s where the lions share of the blame belongs. They want all the credit and zero blame.
:clap::yourock::bow:

basel90

Reaction score
And isn't it fascinating how he made some obscenely bad calls during the game? He's made horrific calls before, but Sunday was an absolute clinic on how not to playcall. I wonder if he's trying to follow Garrett's lead on sabotaging HCs for personal gain. I hope Jerry won't be fooled again
hopefully but the old man is stubborn and has proximity bias to people he picked and have been around him a while.

kskboys

Reaction score
not much evidently. Jerry thought he is the next young bright wiz to fix the disappointing garrett . It has not worked. He is still amateurish.
I believed in him strongly at first. The waning since then has been steady, and getting stronger.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The real blame rests with those willing to accept the lack of success and continue to financially support the team.

We get the kind of behavior we reward.

Booger judges his performance on ratings and revenue and he is the most successful owner in all pro sports. He’s even said his most important job is keeping the Cowboys first in coverage and discussions.

Until this changes, nothing changes.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
It is wild that there is any need to put blame anywhere.

Team was awful, yes. It was week 1 versus a team expected to win 12/13 games this year.

Everyone has to be better but it was 1 week.
At season's end if they aren't much better than lot of people will lose jobs.
But we got a long way to go before we need to play the blame game.

As for the next 4 weeks let's just hope we don't get embarrassed and lose by 50.

ESisback

Reaction score
So Moore is smart. Big deal. Many of us are smart. A truly formidable OC has adaptability in his arsenal.

If he can’t scheme a little success out of this roster, THE EXPERIMENT SHOULD END!

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I’m not here to defend Dak. He was just flat awful Sun night and deserves a ton of criticism. Kellen Moore? Looked like a middle school coach in his first game. The WRs looked like guys that couldn’t get any separation. Cedee Lamb had 2 receptions on 11 targets. Terrance Steele couldn’t remember a snap count. The defense gave up 6 yards per rush. And on and on…

Those players looked as unprepared as they were in January vs the niners. That has to be on Mike McCarthy. When a team looks completely out of sync and unprepared, look first at the head coach and his assistants. Tampa Bay players said after the game that the Cowboys offensive scheme is easy to defend.

Lots of blame to go around. The players and coaches stunk it up and deserve their fair share of responsibility.

But folks…the blame for the lousy pitiful performance and pathetic state of this entire team we saw Sunday lays firmly at the feet of Jerry and his giggly sidekick son. The horrific smell coming out of AT&T originated from those two.

And what makes me a lot angrier than the players’ and coaches’ sorry performance is the continuing lousy performance of the guys who have THE most power in this organization. And unless I missed it, have taken ZERO responsibility for their failures.

Hearing SJ throw Cedee Lamb under the bus angers me not because Lamb didn’t deserve criticism. It was not hearing the Jones boys take any responsibility for their failure to once again put together a strong roster.

Get mad at Dak, and Cedee and Steele and McCarthy and Kellen if you choose. They deserve it. But get madder at the clowns who never take any personal responsibility for their failures and mistakes. That’s where the lions share of the blame belongs. They want all the credit and zero blame.
Agreed...That's also why I also hated Garrett, never blamed himself or took responsibility for anything.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I sure wouldn't blame the fat coach or the young genius. You give these losers books and they will not read them.

The loser team players are the blame. They don't listen to the coaches so why blame the coaches? sheesh.

Next excuse.