Q. Carter - What was it?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I've read here over and over about Quincy's drug problem. Some say he was hitting the pipe, others say it was cocaine. Is their any truth to what it was, exactly, he couldn't live with out? Is there any official press release, conference and/or a document that backs up any accusation. Any indication of an NFL drug rehab? I would like to know what this guy had a problem with. Does anyone know? Educate me. Excuse my ignorance on this topic, but I'd like to know the truth if it's out there and one of you folks knows. I do not want to start another Quincy bash-fest thread. Please...if you have some solid information post, if not at least stick to the topic.
FYI............. I didn't like Quincy as our starting quarterback.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Nothing was quite ever "official". The NFL drug tests aren't supposed to be leaked to the public....

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I heard QC listned to this song about his passion....

Click Here

Turn on your speakers, click the link, click on track 4 and figure it out. :D

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
QC was diagnosed as Bi-Polar....to what degree is always very tough to know. I can speak with some knowledge about this....whether it was weed, coke, other drugs I do not know, but most people that have Bi-Polar try to medicate themselves if they are not on a medication that is working for them. My opinion is that QC was medicating himself because he was apparently not on any medications for it.

This is just my opinion...with familiarity to Bi-Polar and it's symptoms. It can effect people differently, and with different severity, but is very common for these people to self medicate....

Hoov

Reaction score
i would think cocaine would be an awful choice for someone bi-polar, the drug itself spikes you up and drops you hard.
BP i have no speakers with this computer, Arrrgghhh

k19

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I heard QC listned to this song about his passion....

Click Here

Turn on your speakers, click the link, click on track 4 and figure it out. :D

:lmao:

so music really is the mirror to the soul

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
thats7 said:
I've read here over and over about Quincy's drug problem. Some say he was hitting the pipe, others say it was cocaine. Is their any truth to what it was, exactly, he couldn't live with out? Is there any official press release, conference and/or a document that backs up any accusation. Any indication of an NFL drug rehab? I would like to know what this guy had a problem with. Does anyone know? Educate me. Excuse my ignorance on this topic, but I'd like to know the truth if it's out there and one of you folks knows. I do not want to start another Quincy bash-fest thread. Please...if you have some solid information post, if not at least stick to the topic.

who cares what it was...he's gone...good riddance

David

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
QC was diagnosed as Bi-Polar....to what degree is always very tough to know. I can speak with some knowledge about this....whether it was weed, coke, other drugs I do not know, but most people that have Bi-Polar try to medicate themselves if they are not on a medication that is working for them. My opinion is that QC was medicating himself because he was apparently not on any medications for it.

This is just my opinion...with familiarity to Bi-Polar and it's symptoms. It can effect people differently, and with different severity, but is very common for these people to self medicate....

Interesting. I never saw anything official on the Bi-Polar diagnoses. I saw where QC mentioned it but never anything officially diagnosing him with said.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
He got in trouble at UGA for cocaine. It was an open secret at UGA that Carter was a cokehead.

Till I hear otherwise, I will assume he kept up the habit.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:

I worked in the medical industry for some time and dont recall many (if any) bi-polars "medicating" themselves with illicit drugs...sounds like serious excuse making to me

David

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
I worked in the medical industry for some time and dont recall many (if any) bi-polars "medicating" themselves with illicit drugs...sounds like serious excuse making to me

David

It pretty much is.

We had players like Alonzo Spellman and Demetrius Underwood who were legitimately bi-polar and yet they did not make up lies to explain their disappearances (visiting sick mothers), nor were they in the league-mandated substance abuse program to my recollection.

Carter smoked dope and that is all there is to the story. The bipolar part is more than likely an excuse that was concocted to jell with his stories that he was clean. Obviously he wasn't if he abandoned his team in the midst of a playoff run to enter a rehab facility.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
thats7 said:
After reading a couple of these replies it should become pretty evident that no one really knows. It very surprising, especially for a former Cowboy player that NO one in the media or part of the NFL community has come out and given the entire truth to the Carter situation.

Whatever happen to Carter really angered Jerry Jones. Jerry Jones seemed so distraught in the press conference following Carter's release. I don't recall the same emotions when Anthony Wright, Tony Banks, Clint Stoerner, Ryan Leaf and Chad Hutchinson were released.

One day we'll all know the truth, sadly opinions about Carter were formed minute he was drafted and few gave him the chance or equal leash afforded to most NFL QB prospects.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Charles said:
Whatever happen to Carter really angered Jerry Jones. Jerry Jones seemed so distraught in the press conference following Carter's release. I don't recall the same emotions when Anthony Wright, Tony Banks, Clint Stoerner, Ryan Leaf and Chad Hutchinson were released.

Jerry Jones took alot of heat for that player. And I am sure Quincy was given more than one chance.

Mr. Jones just looked hurt and very disappointed. Like a man who had tried everything he could with a problem child that he probably cared about more than that child cared about him or the organization.

One day we'll all know the truth, sadly opinions about Carter were formed minute he was drafted and few gave him the chance or equal leash afforded to most NFL QB prospects.

And many of these opinions were foreshadowing were they not? There were concerns about his rumored drug issues that were from his days at Georgia. Turns out they were correct.

As far as the chances afforded him, he got his chances. He blew them.

Did he face adversity? Sure. But no more than others have overcome and he was simply not smart enough or tough enough to overcome them.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I read that at UGA he was into Coke.

CowboyNIraq said he ran into someone stationed in Iraq who said the same thing.

A guy I work with was in a High School top 100 Baseball Camp and he says the same thing.

I've never heard of anyone needing rehab for weed.

It's all circumstantial, but that is a lot of fingers pointing at one thing.