QB coach Kellen Moore candidate to replace Linehan

Batman1980

Reaction score
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Cowboys have considered promoting QBs coach Kellen Moore to offensive coordinator.

Moore joins TEs coach Doug Nussmeier as one of the leading in-house candidates to replace Scott Linehan, who was let go on Friday. The Cowboys have also been linked to Georgia OC James Coley. A Boise State product, Moore spent six seasons in the league as a backup quarterback including three with Dallas before joining the coaching ranks last season. If Moore takes over as offensive coordinator, the Cowboys could target Jon Kitna to replace him as QBs coach.

Source - Rotoworld.com

Carson

Reaction score
I just don’t see why.

What has Moore done that was so great to earn this? Spent a year as Qb coach .. now he’s ready to be OC?

No upgrade over Linehan

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Enough of this in house garbage. These guys had no success before, what makes them think they’ll be successful now?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I will bang my head against my newly installed brick wall, I may not be around for some time, their will be many that don't mind my absence.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I just don’t see why.

What has Moore done that was so great to earn this? Spent a year as Qb coach .. now he’s ready to be OC?

No upgrade over Linehan
Lol. Why he's still on the coaching staff is beyond comprehension. Especially when Jerry was so quick on letting Romo retire. That's a head scratcher that has made some Cowboys fans bald. :laugh:

Hailmary

Reaction score
I just don’t see why.

No upgrade over Linehan
As I mentioned in another thread, my theory is that JJ wants the next McVey. If he is promoted to OC, I bet he'll be in consideration for HC in a few years whether it's warranted or not.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
HXl1lxB.jpg

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
8-8 at best. :(

You are under the impression they have already given the job to Moore? You believe every rumor ithat floats through the rumor mill? Come on, media flings out all sorts of things to suck in an audiences, and the overwhelming majority prove to be false. People reacting like you have is what they are going for - that’s what makes it work even if there isn’t any validity to the rumor.

Let it play out. Even if Moore is on lithe long list, employers often want current staff to at least feel they are considered for opportunities to advance even if they really are not viewed as a true candidate.