QB coach Kellen Moore candidate to replace Linehan

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have said it since day one, Moore will be the HC eventually. He is being groomed just like Garrett and will be a fungus in this organization for many years :facepalm:

Not saying he will be a bad coach in the end but there will be growing pains. You know, another guy being trained while on the biggest sports team in the world :thumbdown:

Rayman70

Reaction score
GAWD...if we want a former Dallas QB to be the QB coach, lets go get Danny White lol. He has coaching experience and has had success. Obviously that wont happen, but you all see how asinine this looks?

dware94

Reaction score
They can give him the OC position title, but I still think Garrett is the playcaller and this will be what decides Garrett's future in Dallas.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
In house candidates are probably a fallback plan in case their main targets turn down the job. If they were top candidates, they would have been given the job already. Patience. Let's let things play out.

Big_D

Reaction score
I really don’t want him as OC either, but what do we as fans really know about his coaching ability?

We know there’s not enough of it. A resume longer than 1 season in any capacity as a coach should be a prerequisite for this position.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
They can give him the OC position title, but I still think Garrett is the playcaller and this will be what decides Garrett's future in Dallas.
Moore would be a Garrett puppet and you're right, Garrett would once again be the playcaller. :facepalm:

Rayman70

Reaction score
This wreaks of Stephen Jones. Jerry would be going for broke beating the bushes for proven guys....I have a feeling their is a massive tug o war going on between the 2.

The Natural

Reaction score
The only option is for us to stop watching. Stop buying tickets to games. Stop buying merchandise, everything.

Rayman70

Reaction score
You don't suck for 22+ years for nothing...
I compare this long dryspell the Dallas Cowboys have been in for 24 years to Richard Petty's career over the last decade or so. He was Richard the King Petty in name only, more like a walking talking museum. Same with the Cowboys. We have a rich history but over the last 24 years its been all experimental crap and a litany of highly questionable hires etc. Until we essentially stop squatting on our history an banking on THAT, we wont win.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
and the guy who does the hiring and firing hasn't seen his team win a divisional playoff game in over 23 years and counting the suck for the dallas cowboys starts at the gm position and goes a long way down

Buzzbait

Reaction score
If they do elevate Moore, it means they think he’s an actual rock star. It’s way too fast a move otherwise. So I’d want to see it because I would love the reaction it would get around here.

It’s Rapoport, though. So it’s probably a made up rumor. It also seems unlikely to me that Jerry would take such huge lumps with the learning curve with Moore only to lose him to another team if the giant risk pays off. Better to keep him under wraps and bring in someone more senior to wear the mantle for a year or three.

Hey maybe he can sing better than he plays football.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I just don’t see why.

What has Moore done that was so great to earn this? Spent a year as Qb coach .. now he’s ready to be OC?

No upgrade over Linehan
Sounds like jason garrett all over again. Next year kellen moore for HC

Brax

Reaction score
All of a sudden Moore is a football brain, all season long it was he was a waste of space and the reason Dak sucked. What a bunch of homers , it seems a lot of the fan-base just can't think for themselves. .KM is nothing more than a SL groupie, and when I see folks talking OC and HC it shows how really idiotic they are.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Source - Rotoworld.com
If an in-house candidate gets the job, I'm fairly certain it will be Doug Nussmeier.

It was obvious that someone other than Linehan became much more involved in the offensive game plan and play designs around mid-season (right after the reports that they considered firing Linehan).

The scuttlebutt now is that Nussmeier was the person that got more involved in the offensive game plans. That time frame corresponds to the beginning of the winning streak.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Nussmeier

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I just don’t see why.

What has Moore done that was so great to earn this? Spent a year as Qb coach .. now he’s ready to be OC?

No upgrade over Linehan
I think it would be ridiculous... but neither you nor I have a clue if Moore is an absolute genius. You arent in meeting rooms, you arent in film sessions, you have no idea how he communicates with players. Who knows.. he may suck, but he also may be the ****.