QB coach Kellen Moore candidate to replace Linehan

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All of a sudden Moore is a football brain, all season long it was he was a waste of space and the reason Dak sucked. What a bunch of homers , it seems a lot of the fan-base just can't think for themselves. .KM is nothing more than a SL groupie, and when I see folks talking OC and HC it shows how really idiotic they are.

I don’t think the people that were trashing him during the season are the ones calling him a football brain now. Two different sets of people posting on the same website.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I can’t stand reading this forum anymore. It amazes me how all you guys think you know more than anybody in the Cowboys organization and yet everyday you wake up and go to your mindless 9-5 job.

Nobody is forcing you to be here.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All of a sudden Moore is a football brain, all season long it was he was a waste of space and the reason Dak sucked. What a bunch of homers , it seems a lot of the fan-base just can't think for themselves. .KM is nothing more than a SL groupie, and when I see folks talking OC and HC it shows how really idiotic they are.

You’re taking posts from people saying we don’t know one way or the other about Moore and concluding they mean we know about Moore and that he’s ‘a football brain’ and that we’re homers as a result. This is where your logic falls apart: nobody said what you’ve said they’re saying.

kevm3

Reaction score
I can’t stand reading this forum anymore. It amazes me how all you guys think you know more than anybody in the Cowboys organization and yet everyday you wake up and go to your mindless 9-5 job.
Many of the criticisms floated on this forum were eventually addressed and to the benefit of the organization.

Kellen Moore has one year of coaching experience period. To move him to OC is insane. I think this is just some nonsensical rumor being floated for clicks. No way Jerry can see what Richard has done to the defense and think about one of these buddy hires, especially with Dak's contract coming up.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like jason garrett all over again. Next year kellen moore for HC
I do not put anything past Jerry Jones. This will be Kellen Moore's coaching resume prior to being named head coach if what you say does come to fruition:

At the very least, Jason Garrett's pre-head coaching resume was:

• Quarterbacks coach, Miami Dolphins (2005–2006)
  • Offensive coordinator, Dallas Cowboys (2007)
  • Assistant head coach & Offensive coordinator, Dallas Cowboys (2008–2010)
Garrett's would have been similar to Moore's but did contain a BIT more tenure and broader experience.
If-and-when Moore is elevated to head coach, I would not want Jerry Jones to do a 'Jerry Jones' and compare his newest head coach to anyone BUT Garrett. What should not happen is Jones comparing him to another young successful head coach like Sean McVay, whose resume before becoming the Rams head coach was:

• Assistant wide receivers coach, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2008)
  • Quality control/wide receivers coach, Florida Tuskers (2009)
  • Assistant tight ends coach, Washington Commanders (2010)
  • Tight ends coach, Washington Commanders (2011–2013)
  • Offensive coordinator, Washington Commanders (2014–2016)

Any comparison would make between Moore and McVay would be Charles Barkley 'turrible'--which makes it highly probable Jones would make that exact comparison towards selling Moore to the fanbase despite Moore possessing a brief resume.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I just don’t see why.

What has Moore done that was so great to earn this? Spent a year as Qb coach .. now he’s ready to be OC?

No upgrade over Linehan

What did Garrett ever do to warrant HC for a decade? You don't have to earn anything here. You just have to be "in-family" and agreeable.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
I would come on here regardless. But at least I don't come here to say how much it sucks. What a contribution you're making.

"This place sucks" Yah, well if we had more people like you on here, then it would be amazing wouldn't it. LOL

Yes, the constant “I don’t like this move, that’s it!” mentality sure adds a lot.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What did Garrett ever do to warrant HC for a decade? You don't have to earn anything here. You just have to be "in-family" and agreeable.

How did it work out the last bad backup QB with no experience that we hired?

Cowboyluck

Reaction score
They might as well get Graham Harrell or Sonnie cumbie, if they are thinking of Moore.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
I don’t have a problem with making Moore OC. Has he earned it? No, not by a long shot but I do know the kid has a keen mind for football, even if his arm didn’t cooperate with his decision-making abilities when he was playing for Dallas. He did call good audibles but didn’t have the tools himself nor on the offense to execute plays a large part of the time. Plus, I don’t think he’d be the safe, bland playcaller that Linehan was. There’s absolutely no way the kid hasn’t heard how tired Cowboys fans are with that approach. Personally I think he’s got the football smarts to make the most of what this offense’s strengths are.

tm1119

Reaction score
I don’t hate Kellen Moore as much as most. He’s the son of a coach and he certainly didn’t get as far as he did with talent...he clearly has to be very football smart and dedicated.

An aspect that most people aren’t looking at is Garrett’s contract situation. Although there were rumors, he hasn’t been extended yet and it’s not easy to find a good coordinator to come into a situation with a lame duck coach. Won’t be surprised if there’s no Garrett contract extension real soon it is an in house candidate.

And I’m more than willing to trade 1 year of Kellen Moore at OC for a final and true make or break year for Garrett.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don’t have a problem with making Moore OC. Has he earned it? No, not by a long shot but I do know the kid has a keen mind for football, even if his arm didn’t cooperate with his decision-making abilities when he was playing for Dallas. He did call good audibles but didn’t have the tools himself nor on the offense to execute plays a large part of the time. Plus, I don’t think he’d be the safe, bland playcaller that Linehan was. There’s absolutely no way the kid hasn’t heard how tired Cowboys fans are with that approach. Personally I think he’s got the football smarts to make the most of what this offense’s strengths are.

So you think he would be great because he made some audibles? Its sad how beaten down and pathetic Cowboys are these days. Standards are in the toilet.