QB Dak Prescott in his last six game

Kwyn

Reaction score
I mean it’s not unfair to point out he’s had his issues in some big, important games. And that he is going to have to deliver coming down the stretch and into the playoffs.
I completely agree.
He has to win some big games when great QB play is required.

The issue is that we have a cadre, coterie, sleeper cell, of people here at the Zone who will never give in.

No way to root it out.

For crying out loud, a bunch of it goes back not one but TWO cowboy message boards.

Hate to say it but as much as loads of CZ fans can’t wait for Father Time to catch up with Jerry, our fandom won’t ever turn the page until Father Time comes knocking at the door of our get off my lawn friends.

Whoah, that was kind of dark. But they have to own it.

catskillthunder

Reaction score
Hopefully we are seeing the full maturation of Dak in front of our eyes. I have been highly critical of him over the years, but I am very much impressed with his decision making and protection of the football. He's missed on some deep ones, but that is ok with me. As long as he puts the ball in spots where only his guy has a chance at it and its not a 50/50 ball. We might be very well be witnessing something special with him down the stretch.

kramskoi

Reaction score
I don't mind the more aggressive nature of the offense at present. However, I don't like low percentage shots (long balls) on 2nd and 10. 2nd and 5 or less is a better time to take a deep shot. What they got away with against the Commanders is what will doom them against the 49ers or the Eagles. Both teams just love to get teams in 3rd and long situations. They man-up on your receivers and send waves of pass rushers.

The Cowboys are still not running the ball enough (32 - 18 pass/run mix on Thursday), which makes Prescott's job more difficult. Again, you can get away with this against the lower tier teams. You won't get away with it versus the 49ers or the Eagles. A 14 minute deficit in time of possession will not be a recipe for success in the playoffs.

That said, Prescott has certainly been dialed in since the loss at San Francisco. The offense as a whole appears to be peaking at just the right time. Still, five tough games ahead but with three of them at home there is still some hope of a division title and a first round bye. But at present, the Eagles and 49ers (in that order) have a better chance of having the playoffs run through their town.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I mean it’s not unfair to point out he’s had his issues in some big, important games. And that he is going to have to deliver coming down the stretch and into the playoffs.
Against better competition? Who would have thought?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Just glad he didn't attempt more helicopter moves.

bottleKids

Reaction score
Kid giving me nothing to complain about or be negative on here for the first time in a few years.... guess what, I AM OK WITH THAT!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't mind the more aggressive nature of the offense at present. However, I don't like low percentage shots (long balls) on 2nd and 10. 2nd and 5 or less is a better time to take a deep shot. What they got away with against the Commanders is what will doom them against the 49ers or the Eagles. Both teams just love to get teams in 3rd and long situations. They man-up on your receivers and send waves of pass rushers.

The Cowboys are still not running the ball enough (32 - 18 pass/run mix on Thursday), which makes Prescott's job more difficult. Again, you can get away with this against the lower tier teams. You won't get away with it versus the 49ers or the Eagles. A 14 minute deficit in time of possession will not be a recipe for success in the playoffs.

That said, Prescott has certainly been dialed in since the loss at San Francisco. The offense as a whole appears to be peaking at just the right time. Still, five tough games ahead but with three of them at home there is still some hope of a division title and a first round bye. But at present, the Eagles and 49ers (in that order) have a better chance of having the playoffs run through their town.
sometimes you just run these plays, you either succeed, or you put the defense on notice. a quarter later you run the same formation, one of the WRs go deep like that and the middle of the field is open because defense remembered and is covering the big plays. you have to run some plays to figure out what the defense is doing and you have to set up the defense with some plays. McVay was really good with that.

aikemirv

Reaction score
He's been excellent

But he needs to take that next step against really good teams. He will get that chance

He must come through this time
Really needs to just figure out how to attack the 49’s. He is playing well enough against all teams -came up wanting at the end of Philly but played great otherwis

tomsanders921

Reaction score
see how the next 5 games go.
He has played great lately. But you can't ignore the fact that it has been against bad teams.

He played well against Philly though. It will be interesting to see how the next month or so goes when we are playing elite competition

DuceizBak

Reaction score
Can you imagine a world where Dak and Kirk Cousins were MVP candidates? The world wouldn’t have been able to handle it lol.
I was looking at the stats for the past few weeks and Kirk Cousins had 18 touchdowns and has been out for almost a month. He likely would have won MVP running away.