QB Dak Prescott in his last six game

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I was looking at the stats for the past few weeks and Kirk Cousins had 18 touchdowns and has been out for almost a month. He likely would have won MVP running away.
It depends if the Vikings would’ve kept winning but he was for sure a candidate before he got hurt.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't mind the more aggressive nature of the offense at present. However, I don't like low percentage shots (long balls) on 2nd and 10. 2nd and 5 or less is a better time to take a deep shot. What they got away with against the Commanders is what will doom them against the 49ers or the Eagles. Both teams just love to get teams in 3rd and long situations. They man-up on your receivers and send waves of pass rushers.

The Cowboys are still not running the ball enough (32 - 18 pass/run mix on Thursday), which makes Prescott's job more difficult. Again, you can get away with this against the lower tier teams. You won't get away with it versus the 49ers or the Eagles. A 14 minute deficit in time of possession will not be a recipe for success in the playoffs.

That said, Prescott has certainly been dialed in since the loss at San Francisco. The offense as a whole appears to be peaking at just the right time. Still, five tough games ahead but with three of them at home there is still some hope of a division title and a first round bye. But at present, the Eagles and 49ers (in that order) have a better chance of having the playoffs run through their town.
the defense didn't give up points, but they allowed a mediocre washington offense to stay on the field too long. they only had one 3 and out. they were able to sustain drives, convert first downs. rack up stacks on passing game and running game. they just never got into the endzone, which is a positive. by comparison, dallas offense also only had one 3 and out in the 3rd quarter. we just were more efficient in scoring with the big plays.

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
the defense didn't give up points, but they allowed a mediocre washington offense to stay on the field too long. they only had one 3 and out. they were able to sustain drives, convert first downs. rack up stacks on passing game and running game. they just never got into the endzone, which is a positive. by comparison, dallas offense also only had one 3 and out in the 3rd quarter. we just were more efficient in scoring with the big plays.
They gave up 10 points

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't mind the more aggressive nature of the offense at present. However, I don't like low percentage shots (long balls) on 2nd and 10. 2nd and 5 or less is a better time to take a deep shot. What they got away with against the Commanders is what will doom them against the 49ers or the Eagles. Both teams just love to get teams in 3rd and long situations. They man-up on your receivers and send waves of pass rushers.

The Cowboys are still not running the ball enough (32 - 18 pass/run mix on Thursday), which makes Prescott's job more difficult. Again, you can get away with this against the lower tier teams. You won't get away with it versus the 49ers or the Eagles. A 14 minute deficit in time of possession will not be a recipe for success in the playoffs.

That said, Prescott has certainly been dialed in since the loss at San Francisco. The offense as a whole appears to be peaking at just the right time. Still, five tough games ahead but with three of them at home there is still some hope of a division title and a first round bye. But at present, the Eagles and 49ers (in that order) have a better chance of having the playoffs run through their town.
Good post. Excellent points. Hope McCarthy, Schottenheimer and Quinn get the message.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Dak has been ballin and playing at an MVP level. I would still contend that the MVP is a qualitative award and not simply based on stats. I think he needs to help lead the team to some signature wins against quality opponents to seal the deal.

- The combined winning percentage of the opponents the Cowboys have beaten this year is .289 (22-51)
- The combined winning percentage of the teams that have beaten the Cowboys is .593 (19-13)

Gambit

Reaction score
Dak has been ballin and playing at an MVP level. I would still contend that the MVP is a qualitative award and not simply based on stats. I think he needs to help lead the team to some signature wins against quality opponents to seal the deal.

- The combined winning percentage of the opponents the Cowboys have beaten this year is .289 (22-51)
- The combined winning percentage of the teams that have beaten the Cowboys is .593 (19-13)
Out of curiosity, who made the schedule?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Crazy in that he could have had 400 easy today. He missed two wide open WRs early for big gains.
On at least one of those the DB was pulling CD by the arm or it's six. When I saw it initially I was mad at CD for not pumping his arms and going to get that one because I thought from the flight of the ball it was perfectly thrown. Then when they showed the replay I saw why it ended up being a little too far out in front. As a receiver on that ball you have to pump the arms to generate a burst of speed to go get that kind of ball and I think without the PI CD would have been able to do it on that one. The other one though yeah, Dak just overshot. Adrenaline I guess cause it was early in the game.

cowboys1732

Reaction score
What I personally like is he is playing with confidence and he looks comfortable. Can he parlay that confidence into this next stretch of games and the playoffs? I hope so.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, who made the schedule?
I think the league had hoped to sabotage the Cowboys early on with so many road games on the front end of the season. What was it 4 of the first 6 on the road or some such and 5 of the first 8? I'm sure Goodell was thinking a road heavy slate to start off would derail our season before it even began. And it almost did.. If we don't pull that one off in L.A. we start out 3-3 before the Rams and yet another road trip to Philly. That would have left us at 4-4 heading into the home stand and a full three games out of the division race. That Chargers game was huge for so many reasons. And the fact that it came against that guy who used to call plays for us.. well that's just gravy. How's that McCarthy/Moore offense comparison going lately by the way?

Gambit

Reaction score
What never gets old is people taking obvious sarcasm seriously. Much more revealing about the people with the knee jerk, reflex responses.
Did you not get the wishbone from the Turkey yesterday?

Wangchung83

Reaction score
… next five games
… next four games
… next three games
… next two games
… next game

… but remember the niners game?

There are people on this board that would not give Dak or McCarthy or Jones credit for a Super Bowl win.

100% guaranteed it would happen, starting in the post game thread and continuing until … the end of time.
Got to get to one first, hell just get to nfc championship game before you make those kind of speculations