QB Desperation

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Watching the draft last night and seeing teams desperately over-drafting QBs, praying they hit on one, makes me feel even better about having a top 5 to 10 QB in Dak.

Statistically speaking, half the qbs drafted last night will bust and the chance one will be the next Manning, Brady or Mahomes is a fraction of a fraction of a percent.

Sure, Dak isnt Mahomes. I have news for you, neither are any of the other 30 starting QBs. Just because you don't have #1, doesn't mean you artificially create a QB controversy and claim your teams in QB purgatory and throw caution to the wind until you find the next coming.

Im 33, so I remember the early 2000s between Aikman and Romo. If we get rid of Dak, it could get ugly. Imagine geriatric Jerry trading away every 1st round pick he has to move up to #1, just trying to replace Dak.

You can win with Dak.
Chris henryyyyyyy

rambo2

Reaction score
I can see 4 automatic wins with either of those ballers....Panthers, Giants twice and 1 from the Skinz.

I'm ready to get my playoff tix right now
I can easily see double digit wins if things go well.

shabazz

Reaction score
Yeah, and you can easily see ghosts if they play for the Cowboys. smh
I don't mind some of the Pollyannas here....takes all kinds to make the place lively

I just hope they aren't betting with this same outlook, lol

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Two playoff wins does not equal a top 10 QB. Dude has had weapons and defense and can’t get it done.
Naw man, it's all because something did not go perfectly right. We can't expect a QB to play through adversity? That's just crazy talk. Fact is that it won't matter how perfect the team around him is. If the team losses 2-0 the Church of Dak will be here asking why the defense didn't score. This is the mentality you are dealing with. It's Dak over the team.

rambo2

Reaction score
The AFC North teams would all have to contract a "virus" the weeks they play us and I can get with your prediction
The got off to a good start in the draft. Nobody had that corner falling to 24 which caused Detroit to overpay in trade.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
What was Trent Dilfer paid when Baltimore won with him? Was Trent Dilfer billed as a "top 10 QB?" Did anyone have any illusion that he was that?
refering to what this FO would have done with him? Maybe im missing your point..my point is there are FO's who have won SB with the likes of Trent Dilfer at QB..this current FO over the last 28 years may not be able to win one with the Best QB on the planet Mahomes...what is your point?

Steve007

Reaction score
Watching the draft last night and seeing teams desperately over-drafting QBs, praying they hit on one, makes me feel even better about having a top 5 to 10 QB in Dak.

Statistically speaking, half the qbs drafted last night will bust and the chance one will be the next Manning, Brady or Mahomes is a fraction of a fraction of a percent.

Sure, Dak isnt Mahomes. I have news for you, neither are any of the other 30 starting QBs. Just because you don't have #1, doesn't mean you artificially create a QB controversy and claim your teams in QB purgatory and throw caution to the wind until you find the next coming.

Im 33, so I remember the early 2000s between Aikman and Romo. If we get rid of Dak, it could get ugly. Imagine geriatric Jerry trading away every 1st round pick he has to move up to #1, just trying to replace Dak.

You can win with Dak.
Not in the playoffs.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

You can win with Dak.
At 33 years old, you are waaaaay smarter and wiser than many here who are older than you. Just saying.

Great analysis and thank you for such wise input.