QB Desperation

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can easily see double digit wins if things go well.
Sure you do bud and PS the AFC North sends its regards!
chinese-boy.gif

khiladi

Reaction score
The basic flaw in the argument…

There are PLENTY of top-tier QBs in the league right now that would have won with the Cowboys with its 3 all-pro linemen and number 1 ranked defense multiple years in a row. On the other hand, you put Dak in any of the other franchises, like the Giants, he’d be out of the league himself.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

There are PLENTY of top-tier QBs in the league right now that would have won with the Cowboys with its 3 all-pro linemen and number 1 ranked defense multiple years in a row. On the other hand, you put Dak in any of the other franchises, like the Giants, he’d be out of the league himself.
This is what Dak's career consists of..................

PARASITE:
an organism that lives in or on an organism of another species (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the other's expense.

Flamma

Reaction score
Watching the draft last night and seeing teams desperately over-drafting QBs, praying they hit on one, makes me feel even better about having a top 5 to 10 QB in Dak.

Statistically speaking, half the qbs drafted last night will bust and the chance one will be the next Manning, Brady or Mahomes is a fraction of a fraction of a percent.

Sure, Dak isnt Mahomes. I have news for you, neither are any of the other 30 starting QBs. Just because you don't have #1, doesn't mean you artificially create a QB controversy and claim your teams in QB purgatory and throw caution to the wind until you find the next coming.

Im 33, so I remember the early 2000s between Aikman and Romo. If we get rid of Dak, it could get ugly. Imagine geriatric Jerry trading away every 1st round pick he has to move up to #1, just trying to replace Dak.

You can win with Dak.
The Cowboys can't win with Dak. He's not good enough to carry the teams Jerry puts out there. Do you think we even sniff a SB with QBs like Hurts, Goff, Stafford, or Purdy? We need a QB like Manning, Rodgers, or Mahomes. We're not getting there with Dak, the draft, and a bunch of UFAs after the draft.

If your goal is to just not have three straight 5-11 seasons, I guess Dak is your man.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys can't win with Dak. He's not good enough to carry the teams Jerry puts out there. Do you think we even sniff a SB with QBs like Hurts, Goff, Stafford, or Purdy? We need a QB like Manning, Rodgers, or Mahomes. We're not getting there with Dak, the draft, and a bunch of UFAs after the draft.

If your goal is to just not have three straight 5-11 seasons, I guess Dak is your man.
Are you joking N.J.?
Quote: (Do you think we even sniff a SB with QBs like Hurts, Goff, Stafford, or Purdy?)
All the above QBs have played in an SB.
HUH?????
Dak can only have you beating dog teams while padding his stats!!!!

locked&loaded

Reaction score

No. Thats conjecture and complete hyperbole.

This is the problem with the staunch Dak supporters and haters. You get so emotional you cant even be rational.

It is another reason why I have been on this site for almost two decades and have so few posts.

I live in Wisconsin and have more substantive conversations about Dak and the Cowboys with Packers fans than most of you are capable of.

Flamma

Reaction score
Are you joking N.J.?
Do you think we even sniff a SB with QBs like Hurts, Goff, Stafford, or Purdy?
All the above QBs have played in an SB.
HUH?????
Dak can only have you beating dog teams while padding his stats!!!!
I took a shot at our front office. They all went to SBs because their teams put in the effort. I didn't get into bashing Dak. We see him play. The nickname Stats Prescott has a good reason. We go to San Francisco again this year. He'll squeeze out another turd. Take the 49ers and give the points.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There are plenty of QBs that were good enough to lead a superbowl winning team and didn't. Unfortunately, it happens.

There are less deserving QBs who have won one superbowl and all their blemishes were forgotten.

Simply put, its shortsighted to cycle through QBs when you have a top 10 QB on the roster.

There are endless examples of teams mortgaging their future attempting to find a QB as good as Dak. Do we want to be Washington? The Raiders? The Bears?

Think about this...the Bears have arguably never had a QB as good as Dak in the history of their franchise.

Does this mean we dont draft viable QB prospects in later rounds? Ofcourse not. But this act that its fun to get on the QB carousel is a joke.

Dak has came up short in the playoffs, yes. Thats obvious. But the whole team has.
The team may have at times, but the QB consistently chokes and looks lost in pressure games. That's not fixable.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Those fan bases now have hope. We don't. That deer in the headline look isnt for a rookie. It's for an 8 year veteran. We're never winning anything of importance with Dak. I guess he can pass Romo with 3 playoff wins. Yea us.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I took a shot at our front office. They all went to SBs because their teams put in the effort. I didn't get into bashing Dak. We see him play. The nickname Stats Prescott has a good reason. We go to San Francisco again this year. He'll squeeze out another turd. Take the 49ers and give the points.
Hurts, Goff, Stafford, or Purdy could have gotten us to the SB in the last 8 years.
How many Pro-bowlers do you need to have on the team to get to an SB with Dak?
Probably 21............. :muttley:

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Watching the draft last night and seeing teams desperately over-drafting QBs, praying they hit on one, makes me feel even better about having a top 5 to 10 QB in Dak.

Statistically speaking, half the qbs drafted last night will bust and the chance one will be the next Manning, Brady or Mahomes is a fraction of a fraction of a percent.

Sure, Dak isnt Mahomes. I have news for you, neither are any of the other 30 starting QBs. Just because you don't have #1, doesn't mean you artificially create a QB controversy and claim your teams in QB purgatory and throw caution to the wind until you find the next coming.

Im 33, so I remember the early 2000s between Aikman and Romo. If we get rid of Dak, it could get ugly. Imagine geriatric Jerry trading away every 1st round pick he has to move up to #1, just trying to replace Dak.

You can win with Dak.
yeah

Caleb = BUST
Daniels = Pro bowler
Maye = Pro Bowler
McCarthy = Over drafted so will be a Backup later on BUST
Nix = Pro Bowler
Penix = BUST
These guys are so over valued its not even real.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yeah

Caleb = BUST
Daniels = Pro bowler
Maye = Pro Bowler
McCarthy = Over drafted so will be a Backup later on BUST
Nix = Pro Bowler
Penix = BUST
These guys are so over valued its not even real.
D.C. Made a major mistake in not drafting Maye.
We will be feasting once again with the dead skins.

morat1959

Reaction score

You can win with Dak.
I’ll take a double dose. I like living in dreamland, too! You can’t make this stuff up.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

You can win with Dak.
They dont "overdraft". They are serious about the position.

Something not weill known to most DC fans.
Not the fault of the fans, just a problem of our FO.

morat1959

Reaction score
Yeah and an even worse problem is we aren't attempting to build more around him. I'd have been on board extending him had we actually made some moves in FA. If we aren't going to fix the run game and run defense Dak is toast. May as well move on.
You can put 21 all pros with Dak and we still won’t win a SB. He is what he’s always been since HS.

Flamma

Reaction score
Hurts, Goff, Stafford, or Purdy could have gotten us to the SB in the last 8 years.
We need them at every position. LOL 21.

morat1959

Reaction score

Add KR, PR, and FG kicker to the all pro roster and Dak still finds a way to lose.