Twitter: QB Josh Rosen released

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
i wouldn't care if he took a dump on the star before every game as long as he won. it wouldn't bother me if he came in and took a whiz on the chessboard either. Go Rosen, Rosen up your bow.

quickccc

Reaction score
maybe he just needs to be here with this coaching and staff. :laugh:
None of us knows the answer, But why not give him a chance.

the point that the Cowboys did not bother approaching him and inviting him to their camp appears to be the answer that none of us knows.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Seem to recall Troy thought Risen was the qb in the draft when he came out. Makes you wonder what the heck happened to Rosen. Must be all between the ears as he has smarts and the arm talent. Worth kicking the tires for sure.

Think Ryan Leaf minus the legal issues.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
I saw most of his rookie snaps and he could barley complete a 4 yard flats pass to David Johnson and often didn’t. He makes the nooch look like Steve Young.
I dont think people understand how bad he is . He’s already been on 3 teams and jettisoned by all of them Not even practice squad worthy. He needs to go sell insurance

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes - Dalton was a solid signing... just like Joe Flacco is a backup guy for the Eagles.
Yeah, the Cowboys have drafted a few QBs recently... but the selections have been in the late rounds = equating to a lack of skills \ability \ IQ \ toughness to succeed as a pro. To wit - when someone brings up 6th- rounder Tom Brady - the crescendo always erupts about how he was an outlier \ rare exception \ unicorn, etc.
My stance on the backup QB is that a player should be in place to adequately perform for a few games to keep a legit playoff contender winning. If the franchise's current outlook is to select a bonifide future starter -- chose one that has most (if not all) of the tools and makeup to succeed after a couple of grooming seasons.
Of course when you have a still young starting QB you aren't likely to spend a high draft pick on a QB, but at least it is an effort to groom someone to be ready. The Cowboys didn't do that much for most of 2 decades.

Obvioisly odds are infinitely against finding a Tom Brady, but what about a Dak Prescott or a Gardner Minshew? Odds are still low, but I like that it at least represents a chance. And I'm not necessarily talking a chance as a starter, just as a solid backup. If they develop into more, like Dak did, all the better.

I agree completely that the team needs a backup who can step in and perform for a few games. I just don't necessarily think we have that guy now, or that Rosen is that guy. I'm hoping some late options come available

blueblood70

Reaction score
I saw most of his rookie snaps and he could barley complete a 4 yard flats pass to David Johnson and often didn’t. He makes the nooch look like Steve Young.
I dont think people understand how bad he is . He’s already been on 3 teams and jettisoned by all of them Not even practice squad worthy. He needs to go sell insurance
:lmao2:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I would take Haskins who would learn on and off the field from Dak. Absolutely would. I don’t think the Steelers release him though.

Haskins is getting some first team reps. He is outplaying Rudolph for #2 backup QB position. Pgh is not releasing him.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Remember, Rosen promised he'd make the teams pay that passed on him in the draft. I would like to benefit from that.
Well he has 2 down 29 more to go. Miami has paid him, SF has paid him...

Correction it is 3 down 28 to go, Miami, SF, and TB has paid.......

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Classic....let's revisit those 9 mistakes....

Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Quenton Nelson, Bradley Chubb, Denzel Ward, Baker Mayfield, Saquon....yeah I can see how Rosen would think some mistakes were made there lol.....

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Further review (thanks to the fan) Rosen is ranked the worst QB in history who have 500 snaps for expected points from QB play....LOL..I mean at least he could come here and make us feel better about Gilbert...am I right!!!

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
first off Cutler was miles better then rosen, did you have brain surgery since his era? he may not have been elite but the dude could play the qb spot. rosen a bust plain and simple cant play no team is keeping him as backup is red flag..

how you lump the two together is ridiculous..cutler was a starter and won games rosen a player to never to even get shot at being starter..

cutlers more like the middle tier guys you see guys was at least the 14th best qb of 32 teams he played against during his career..

Wow, what a stupid and fragmented post. Cutler's attitude was not conducive to being a leader and neither is Rosen's. Who cares about starts, yards, arm strength, etc. You might need brain surgery, due to your over the top outbursts.

kskboys

Reaction score
And then add in that he gets soft muscle tissue damage when he winks.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Its something more going on with Rosen, he must be horrible in the locker room.

That was said to be it. The other players didn't like him. It wasn't a healthy environment with him there.

There are better guys to have around than someone who's only out for himself. I'll take Garrett Gilbert.

Last edited: