Twitter: QB Josh Rosen released

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Here are his stats......hard to believe he was draft only 3 years ago. IDK, the Cards gave up on him after only one season, then he spent a year with the Dolphins. That's pretty much it, he hasn't seen the field since. I know the knock on him is personality/uncoachable but I'm not sure he's gotten a fair shake. Think about it, the Cards draft him 10th overall in 2018 and traded him in 2019. Sounds like he's been fighting uphill since, trying to keep his confidence in check.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RoseJo01.htm

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2021/08/49ers-to-waive-qb-josh-rosen

CowboyChris

Reaction score
There will be more QB’s cuts coming, fact is Nucci and Rush are garbage! I’m undecided on Gilbert too

Scotman

Reaction score
OOh damn we will never hear the end of this from Risen.......you have no idea what you just did with a one letter miss.

LOL...Risen for QB2! I can't think of ANYONE that would put more pressure on Dak to perform that @Risen Star
Dak would feel that pressure coming all day every day.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Would you take him or Haskins if the steelers let him go? Both probably better than the Back ups we have right now.

I would take Haskins who would learn on and off the field from Dak. Absolutely would. I don’t think the Steelers release him though.

Scotman

Reaction score
I don’t know, nor can I truly question his love for football.. I haven’t read/heard ab that.

I will say.. a close friend of mine is a die hard Dolphins fan and he said the rumor out of the clubhouse was..Rosen’s attitude was his biggest problem. Apparently he has the “I’m better than you” type attitude that rubs his teammates the wrong way. Of course, as the QB.. you can get away with being an *******, but you have to be able to make the players around you believe in you..Basically, his not a good leader.

That said, it sucks for him.. sounds like his failures in the NFL is his own doing, even if he physically has the talents. I suppose like most QBs that don’t make it.. it’s more cerebral, than physical.

Sounds a lot like Ryan Leaf...without the legal stuff of course.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
And many posters here think Aikman would make the bestest GM ever in the history of the NFL.
It wasn't just Aikman, there were many many NFL experts with the same assessment. The problem is that it's easy to assess physical skills, but much harder assessing what's between the ears. The failure rate of QBs taken in the first round since 2000 is around 65% so a lot of "GMs" get it wrong.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
I don’t know, nor can I truly question his love for football.. I haven’t read/heard ab that.

I will say.. a close friend of mine is a die hard Dolphins fan and he said the rumor out of the clubhouse was..Rosen’s attitude was his biggest problem. Apparently he has the “I’m better than you” type attitude that rubs his teammates the wrong way. Of course, as the QB.. you can get away with being an *******, but you have to be able to make the players around you believe in you..Basically, his not a good leader.

That said, it sucks for him.. sounds like his failures in the NFL is his own doing, even if he physically has the talents. I suppose like most QBs that don’t make it.. it’s more cerebral, than physical.
sounds like Ryan Leaf 2.0

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jay Cutler 2.0

Fans complain about subpar talent, skill, athleticism, etc., on the team, but wants every dumped player off the JAG pile.

Some of you are exactly like the owner, which many of you despise.
first off Cutler was miles better then rosen, did you have brain surgery since his era? he may not have been elite but the dude could play the qb spot. rosen a bust plain and simple cant play no team is keeping him as backup is red flag..

how you lump the two together is ridiculous..cutler was a starter and won games rosen a player to never to even get shot at being starter..

cutlers more like the middle tier guys you see guys was at least the 14th best qb of 32 teams he played against during his career..

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Its something more going on with Rosen, he must be horrible in the locker room.

I don’t think so but he brings a lot insight into the NFC West teams. We play Arizona in regular season and are bound to play the division winner in the playoffs.