Twitter: QB Josh Rosen released

garyo1954

Reaction score
I don't get all the hype for this guy.
Arizona drafts him at #10. He makes no bones that he thought he was one of the top three. Arizona keeps him one year, drafts Murray and ships Rosen to Miami for a 2nd and a 5th.
Miami has him one year, drafts Tua, and waives Rosen
Tampa Bay signs him to their practice squad September, 2020.
In December, the 49ers sign off Miami's practice squad after Garoppolo and Mullins are injured.
August 2021 49ers waive him.

With that history, it would be something only Jerry would think about for more than second. But even Jerry knows you ain't claiming him off waives and getting a 1st for him. Rosen cooked his own groceries and nobody is getting passed the taste test.

conner01

Reaction score
It’s not unusual for players to bounce around the league
But when you were a first round pick and no one keeps you for more than a cup of coffee there is something wrong with your game
Maybe sign him to PS if he’s still eligible but he’s not worth using a roster spot for as a 3rd QB

conner01

Reaction score
He’s a bust. He’s a Joey Harrington, Matt Leinart, Akili Smith, RG3, Kyle Boller whatever. It happens.
Most of those guys only stuck around as long as they did because it was so expensive to sign them after they were over drafted
No position is over drafted more than QB

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The only question that needs to be answered on any QB between now and the final cuts.

Are they better. In any way. Than DiNucci.

I don't care if the scouting report is five years old.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Post Daks turnovers over his last 13 games and compare them. That's a more fair comparison. You can't just take his worse single game and assume its going to happen 16 consecutively.
I didn't take his last worst game. I posted 4 years of stats.

Did that other guy post Rosen last 13 games? Or did he cherry pick a season? Is it fair to post Rosens stats from a different team ...one guy even posted a story from three years ago...you didn't say ship about that. What the ferg up with that?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
... In terms of his size and arm strength, ..Yes.
.. In terms of being responsive to coaching and playing a smart IQ game .. No.

maybe he just needs to be here with this coaching and staff. :laugh:
None of us knows the answer, But why not give him a chance.

waving monkey

Reaction score
He’s a bust. He’s a Joey Harrington, Matt Leinart, Akili Smith, RG3, Kyle Boller whatever. It happens.
I sGilbert better than a Matt Leinart,HarringtonBoller. I dont know what does it take to fine out

garyo1954

Reaction score
I sGilbert better than a Matt Leinart,HarringtonBoller. I dont know what does it take to fine out

Dozen teams are so would have to pass on him before we get the chance to claim him off waivers. Unless we willing to trade. Now, if a dozen of the worst teams in the league don't want him, why would we?