QB options to bring in in FA to compete be a Back up to Dak

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
have you seen the eagles FA moves?
I have, its great. but how has 17m, and 19M cap hits stopped us from signing FAs?. we had 20M available on the cap this year and chose not to do anything. that's not because of Dak's contract.

this is not about defending Dak. but just trying to understand why we didn't sign any FAs? specially on defense.

basel90

Reaction score
I have, its great. but how has 17m, and 19M cap hits stopped us from signing FAs?. we had 20M available on the cap this year and chose not to do anything. that's not because of Dak's contract.

this is not about defending Dak. but just trying to understand why we didn't sign any FAs? specially on defense.
one answer : Jerry ... the root of all problems for this team. The eagles have made it to 7 CCG and 3 SBs ( winning one so far) since 95/. how do we explain this other than Jerry is the problem !!!!

And yes Dak is not the source problems. it is mainy and predominantly jerry.
Zeke overpayment and some other blunders account for the total fiasco.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
one answer : Jerry ... the root of all problems for this team. The eagles have made it to 7 CCG and 3 SBs ( winning one so far) since 95/. how do we explain this other than Jerry is the problem !!!!

And yes Dak is not the source problems. it is mainy and predominantly jerry.
Zeke overpayment and some other blunders account for the total fiasco.
I agree. its easy to hate a player, but the player is limited and we know. Philly won NFCCG with a limited QB, because they put a strong team around him. put strong coaching staff. created the right atmosphere and the GM stayed out of the way, made the right moves mid season and stopped playing fantasy football like jerry the clown. SF is the same. we can sit here and argue until the cows come home if Dak is better or worse than grapolo or purdy. the fact is they are played in NFCCG twice with sub part QB play. their defense is outstanding. today, their offense just had no QB.

this GM is a clown. imagine having Cooper, CD and Gallup/brown/hilton as your 3rd and 4th WRs....imagine signing Suh to a small contract mid year with minimal cap hit to help you in your run defense.

the guy is clueless and as long as he remains the GM, we most probably won't win another championship

basel90

Reaction score
I agree. its easy to hate a player, but the player is limited and we know. Philly won NFCCG with a limited QB, because they put a strong team around him. put strong coaching staff. created the right atmosphere and the GM stayed out of the way, made the right moves mid season and stopped playing fantasy football like jerry the clown. SF is the same. we can sit here and argue until the cows come home if Dak is better or worse than grapolo or purdy. the fact is they are played in NFCCG twice with sub part QB play. their defense is outstanding. today, their offense just had no QB.

this GM is a clown. imagine having Cooper, CD and Gallup/brown/hilton as your 3rd and 4th WRs....imagine signing Suh to a small contract mid year with minimal cap hit to help you in your run defense.

the guy is clueless and as long as he remains the GM, we most probably won't win another championship
very true. so much talent wasted by the coaching staff , especially on offense.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
from your list...jimmy g.
but i wonder if he goes to vegas to be with josh daniels.
sam darnold wouldn't be bad.
i just don't think the f/o will do it.
i figure rush is back and maybe they draft one...at some point.
but all things equal...i'd bring in jimmy g.
At the very least, bring in somebody that can compete with Dak.

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
Of course Tom brady maybe available but i doubt he wants to play for jerry. He was available 2 years ago at 26 million when dak was adamant he is worth 42 mil ( 160 mil guaranteed SMH)!! we could have won a SB with brady instead of what we have.

Aaron rodgers ( cannot afford him with Dak's contract chocking all the cap space)

I can think of the following especially if Rush is gone
Jimmy Garopolo
Chade Henne
Baker Mayfield
Casey Keenum
Sam Darnold
Baker would end up taking over. He’s a much better QB

nobody

Reaction score
Of course Tom brady maybe available but i doubt he wants to play for jerry. He was available 2 years ago at 26 million when dak was adamant he is worth 42 mil ( 160 mil guaranteed SMH)!! we could have won a SB with brady instead of what we have.

Aaron rodgers ( cannot afford him with Dak's contract chocking all the cap space)

Jimmy Garopolo
Chade Henne
Baker Mayfield
Casey Keenum
Sam Darnold
Back up Dak? Please. Any QB brought in should be grounds for an instant QB competition. Nobody should be gifted the starting position, especially Dak after choking two years in a row.

basel90

Reaction score
Back up Dak? Please. Any QB brought in should be grounds for an instant QB competition. Nobody should be gifted the starting position, especially Dak after choking two years in a row.
would love to see them replace dak immedietly , but with jerry , this is impossible for his ego. only way is for dak to get injured or just tanks completely

nobody

Reaction score
would love to see them replace dak immedietly , but with jerry , this is impossible for his ego. only way is for dak to get injured or just tanks completely
If Dak lost the locker room, the line can suddenly get bad at blocking for him. I'm not saying that's a good thing, but it has happened before. See Wentz.

plasticman

Reaction score
You mean someone else's unwanted quarterback?

The best option is the draft.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Draft a guy who can run a bit. They arent winning a sb anyway. That window us closed. If dak goes down its best to lose organically

conner01

Reaction score
You've touched on a bigger problem. They may have to restructure Dak's contract just to field a proper team. They've got extensions to sign, rookies, Pollard? It's kind of hard to do all of that with Dak's cap hit at 21%.
If they want to do much of anything in FA that’s the option they probably have to use
It could free up big money

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Jimmy Garopolo
Chade Henne
Baker Mayfield
Casey Keenum
Sam Darnold
Did you say, "compete with Dak", or make him laugh?

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
jalen is playing much better than dak and is considered a much more dangerous QB with his mobility. Wouldn't you agree?
garopolo is a much more accurate passer . now his injury and rehab is ongoing . but we saw him last year in dallas and his stats are superior especially the accurncy and turnover
:lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::laugh::laugh:

That's is all

Look up the stats and get back to me

Clue jimmy has only passed for 3000 yards twice

If you can get someone in here that can beat Dak out , fine

But what you posted is just COMEDY or Fantasy

KeepinTime

Reaction score
I’m ready for the Dakxperiment to be over. I’d probably roll with Jimmy G and draft a QB in round three.