Quarterback Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHendri5

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Cool Cool. Born and Raised in Dallas, but live in Irving now.

- Mike G.

Alright bet, I ain't mad at you. Let me ask you this. do you see a comparison as to what happened to back in 1991, I was saying to Dallas East, that we were said to have overachieved, then and they said the same about us after last season.
Like I said this season here is truly a big season for a number of reasons, it will tell the tale of a group of players and this team as a whole.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I am not sure about that. See in 1990, if they would have won 1 of their last 2 Games they would have made the playoffs that year. I remember Emmitt won Rookie of the year and expectations were pretty high the next year, but I am just going off of memory. I know in 1991, Emmitt and Michael led the league in Rushing and Receptions respectively, so I dont know that that year they were believed to have really overachieved. But going from 7-9 to 11-5 was quite a difference in just 2 Seasons.

You have to remember, the Boys benefited from an easy schedule this season, especially at the beginning. What were we, like 2-5 against teams with a .500 record or better when we met them? Who knew the Giants would be in so bad in 2003? We played the sucky Commanders twice this year, for an easy 2!! When we played Philadelphia, they were without Taylor and Vincent and we barely pulled that game out. When we faced the real competition, New England, Carolina the 2nd time, Philly the 2nd time (I think they had won like 8 straight or something like that), Miami (which was only the 2nd time a team with a 10-6 record didnt make the playoffs I beleive), New Orleans (who has a ton of talent but known for late season debacles) and Tampa Bay, we didnt look so hot.

I think this year was really a smoke screen. We crept up on some people with some injuries and some that didnt respect us (like Philly kicking that damn onside). I have said this, Quincy has got to play better. Man, I almost broke my hand during the New England game because he just kept making mistakes and wrong reads. In my heart I want Quincy to succeed, and I am almost out of excuses for him. I think the Defense played well, and has been a Super Bowl caliber defense for probably the last couple of season even though I would rather take New England and Carolina's defense in a dog fight. Is Antonio Bryant going to step up to the plate like he did his rookie year, or will it be "t-shirtgate" all over again?

This division has gotten tougher. Washington and Philadelphia all improved last year. In Bill We Trust Right? Well Bill supposedly said Joe Gibbs was the best Coach he ever went up against. I have no reason to believe he wasn't telling the truth. That is 4 Tough games in our own division. I think we play about 4-5 Teams that made the playoffs last year or should have made it if it were not for some bazarre mishaps. Minnesota, New Orleans, Green Bay, Seattle and some more probably (dont feel like looking the schedule up) will all be really tough games to pull out.

This year was the 1st year, where I felt we lost the games we were suppose too and won the games we were suppose too. Like Mickey Spagnola talked about, we wont be able to sneak up on anyone anymore. The NFC East is full of coaches who are proven winners, so our own backyard has gotten rougher.

I just dont see this team finishing with a winning record, im sorry, I just dont.

I think this is a great opportunity to get some of these young players that Campo never managed to get on the the field some playing time. We should not have any question marks (unless an injury occurs) after this season. Our club will be better for it, because we will know exactly what position needs to be addressed come time for the draft.

- Mike G.

Status
Not open for further replies.