Quarterback Poll: Would you want Brett Favre as the starter in Dallas?

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Slyster said:
Favre was better but certainly not much better. Closer to slightly than much.

Bledsoe is better than Favre now which is what this thread of about but Hostil is to much of a fool to see it.

Bledsoe did have a team around him but not a complete team. He had to carry those teams many times.

I wouldn't say that Favre always had a complete team. Until Green, he never had a particularly amazing RB, for instance.

I think that one of the reasons I would put Favre as much better than Bledsoe is because Favre, when he had to carry his teams, did a much better job. Bledsoe, on the other hand, for all his talents, is not a guy I would want to have to carry my team.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
He has been in 8 playoff games is what I meant.

And come on Hos - Favre throws more INTs than Testaverde. 29 INTs can't be blamed on a bad team - that's bad decisions. For so many years he got along with that 'gunslinger' nature, now he's discovering what happens to most 'gunslingers.'
Please take a look at Favre's INT % for his career and look at Bledsoe's at the same time.

You'll find they are an identical 3%.

Now, add in fumbles. 27 for Favre's career versus 44 for Bledsoe's career.

Who turns it over more?

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Please take a look at Favre's INT % for his career and look at Bledsoe's at the same time.

You'll find they are an identical 3%.

Now, add in fumbles. 27 for Favre's career versus 44 for Bledsoe's career.

Who turns it over more?

I'm talking about right now - not careers. I've already stated my opinion that Favre has the better career.

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
He has been in 8 playoff games is what I meant.

And come on Hos - Favre throws more INTs than Testaverde. 29 INTs can't be blamed on a bad team - that's bad decisions. For so many years he got along with that 'gunslinger' nature, now he's discovering what happens to most 'gunslingers.'

And that is precisely why Bledsoe is better now. When Bledsoe lost his job in NE, then saw a system dink and dunker win 3 SB he took it upon himself to work on changing his style to keep up with changes in the league. Look at his last year in Buffalo. He was managing, rather than slinging and he nearly led the Bills from 0-4 to the playoffs. Last year was another step foward for him.

He certainly still has a cannon, and his short game is still rather weak, but at least he understands what he needs to do and is trying to do it. Whereas Favre hasn't made any attempt at all to alter his style, Bledsoe has worked toward making himself into the busdriver Parcells wants. Bledsoe had a solid year last year and is poised to have a career year this year. Should be a whole lot of fun to watch.:starspin

sbneff

Reaction score
on8thdayGodcreatedBledsoe said:
And that is precisely why Bledsoe is better now. When Bledsoe lost his job in NE, then saw a system dink and dunker win 3 SB he took it upon himself to work on changing his style to keep up with changes in the league. Look at his last year in Buffalo. He was managing, rather than slinging and he nearly led the Bills from 0-4 to the playoffs. Last year was another step foward for him.

He certainly still has a cannon, and his short game is still rather weak, but at least he understands what he needs to do and is trying to do it. Whereas Favre hasn't made any attempt at all to alter his style, Bledsoe has worked toward making himself into the busdriver Parcells wants. Bledsoe had a solid year last year and is poised to have a career year this year. Should be a whole lot of fun to watch.
Do you really want to discuss Bledsoe's career in Buffalo? I'd be more than happy to post his numbers, especially the last season there. Shall we talk about the Steeler game where the Bills needed to win and the Steelers played their scrubs? What was Bledsoe's QB rating in that game, it escapes me?

I see you agree with me that Bledsoe has a strong arm and can't throw a touch pass, yet you call him great - too funny.

Why don't you update everyone on your poll you created on the Bill's site? You can share the results where the huge majority are selecting Favre as being "vastly" superior to Bledstud. In fact, all of the posters are laughing at your assertion.

Reaction score
sbneff said:
Why don't you update everyone on your poll you created on the Bill's site? You can share the results where the huge majority are selecting Favre as being "vastly" superior to Bledstud. In fact, all of the posters are laughing at your assertion.

Why don't you check out the poll on the main page hear, the zone. I did update everyone. So far, in limited activity, 77% of Bills' fans believe Favre was far superior to Bledsoe.

sbneff

Reaction score
on8thdayGodcreatedBledsoe said:
Why don't you check out the poll on the main page hear, the zone. I did update everyone. So far, in limited activity, 77% of Bills' fans believe Favre was far superior to Bledsoe.
I have and I am still trying to understand what the point is. It's a silly poll as the two you created on the Bill's site are.