Quarterback Poll: Would you want Brett Favre as the starter in Dallas?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
on8thdayGodcreatedBledsoe said:
First of all, where exactly did I take a bow??

Second, YOU are suggesting that someone not take a bow. The guy who pulls up an emoticon showing one smiley hitting another smiley with a baseball bat and finds a way to create arrows to each and labels the batter as yourself and the smiley being hit as me?????

And lastly, I accept your forfeit. Keen observers of the sport always knew Favre was overrated, now everyone knows. Well, almost everyone.

The year of the Studmuscle is upon us. With a mere flick of his Herculean wrist the ball shall sail skyward then descend in perfect rotation to the outstretched hands of T.O., Glenn, Witten, Crayton, JJ, and Loosecaca (is he still on the team?) for one balletic, heroic, epic touchdown after another. :toast2:
Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit as we've established. Apparently sense of humor fell short too.

Forfeit? In your dreams. I've never given up in my life. Especially when I'm right.

Slyster

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit as we've established. Apparently sense of humor fell short too.

Forfeit? In your dreams. I've never given up in my life. Especially when I'm right.
Right about what? That people would take other QBs over Bledsoe? Ofcourse. Everyone has there preferences.

But you are wrong about Favre being better than Bledsoe at this time which you claimed numerous times.

Whats the numbers on this poll again? Thought so.

5 Super Bowls

Reaction score
Favre is done. He was a good QB, but not one that would fit what Bill Parcells does. I am losing a lot of respect for the way he is treating the Packers. Bledsoe is neither better or worse IMHO, but I think he fits what Parcells wants more at this point in his career.

sbneff

Reaction score
Both have two conference championship wins to their credit (despite what sbneff says).
8th, this is where you are wrong again. It's not what I say, it what the NFL says. Since you can not produce your evidence, then I will have to assume you now know the real truth and your hero only has a 3-3 playoff record.

I like how you comment on how Bledstud has 2-conference championships. You imply he was the major factor in the achievement. Well, look back at what Bledstud accomplished with the Pat's in his 18 starts. In 2000/2001 he was 3-15!!!

As I always ask you on this subject and you never answer, if Bledstud was so great that season and played so well in the conference championship game, why did the coaching staff go with a hobbled Tom Brady in the most important game of the season, the Super Bowl?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Slyster said:
Right about what? That people would take other QBs over Bledsoe? Ofcourse. Everyone has there preferences.

But you are wrong about Favre being better than Bledsoe at this time which you claimed numerous times.

Whats the numbers on this poll again? Thought so.
You're lacking in reading comprehension too? Come to me Grasshopper. Read post #239. That's the one that dead guy said he didn't even bother to read. It lays it out for you step by step where he was wrong. In fact it shows how he was wrong at every single turn.

He assigned me an opinion on Favre just like you. Is it the opinion I expressed early on? Nope. Remember Bob Uecker in the movie Major League? "Just a bit outside."

He assumed he could hang with me in a debate. Did he get any hang time? Nope. He wasn't airborn long enough to slide a credit card under his feet.

He made a statement comparing the two career versus career. Did it hold water? Nope. It was roughly equivalent to eating tomato soup with a fork.

He presumed I needed sbneff's help. Did I need his help? About as much as I need a kick in the balls. In other words not at all.

At one time or another I debated him, you, Bledsoe4MVP and a couple of other posters who chimed in, all by my widdle self, and at every turn with every stat brought up I proved career versus career who the better of the 2 was.

Try not to short out your keyboard when the tears flow.

Reaction score
sbneff said:
8th, this is where you are wrong again. It's not what I say, it what the NFL says. Since you can not produce your evidence, then I will have to assume you now know the real truth and your hero only has a 3-3 playoff record.

I like how you comment on how Bledstud has 2-conference championships. You imply he was the major factor in the achievement. Well, look back at what Bledstud accomplished with the Pat's in his 18 starts. In 2000/2001 he was 3-15!!!

As I always ask you on this subject and you never answer, if Bledstud was so great that season and played so well in the conference championship game, why did the coaching staff go with a hobbled Tom Brady in the most important game of the season, the Super Bowl?

Giving Brady credit for that conference championship win would be like giving Bledsoe credit for the season the pats had that year. I mean, Bledsoe was the starting QB for the first 2 games of the season. By your logic he should be credited with all that transpired after his departure.

They went with Brady because he was the guy who got them there. I have never begrudged Brady his props. Brady was not hobbled. In fact, Brady was ready to go in the second half of the conference championship game, but Belechick stuck with Studsoe. Interesting, no? They also went with Brady, as you well know, because Belechick was not about to pay ANY QB the money that Bledsoe's contract called for. If Roger Staubach was the QB in NE, with the kind of contract numbers Bledsoe had at the time, Belechick would have replaced him too.

Arguing is all well and good, sbneff, but why must you compound your actual ignorance with feigned ignorance??

Reaction score
Hostile said:
You're lacking in reading comprehension too? Come to me Grasshopper. Read post #239. That's the one that dead guy said he didn't even bother to read. It lays it out for you step by step where he was wrong. In fact it shows how he was wrong at every single turn.

He assigned me an opinion on Favre just like you. Is it the opinion I expressed early on? Nope. Remember Bob Uecker in the movie Major League? "Just a bit outside."

He assumed he could hang with me in a debate. Did he get any hang time? Nope. He wasn't airborn long enough to slide a credit card under his feet.

He made a statement comparing the two career versus career. Did it hold water? Nope. It was roughly equivalent to eating tomato soup with a fork.

He presumed I needed sbneff's help. Did I need his help? About as much as I need a kick in the balls. In other words not at all.

At one time or another I debated him, you, Bledsoe4MVP and a couple of other posters who chimed in, all by my widdle self, and at every turn with every stat brought up I proved career versus career who the better of the 2 was.

Try not to short out your keyboard when the tears flow.

:lmao2:

You sir, are too funny. Exactly how many people need to come into this thread to tell you that you are wrong before it sinks in?? And BTW, I for one think a kick in the balls would do you a world of good.

sbneff

Reaction score
Giving Brady credit for that conference championship win would be like giving Bledsoe credit for the season the pats had that year. I mean, Bledsoe was the starting QB for the first 2 games of the season. By your logic he should be credited with all that transpired after his departure.
So you are saying the NFL awarded the win to Bledsoe? Please show me the link, as asked prior.

dead guy said:
They went with Brady because he was the guy who got them there. I have never begrudged Brady his props. Brady was not hobbled. In fact, Brady was ready to go in the second half of the conference championship game, but Belechick stuck with Studsoe. Interesting, no? They also went with Brady, as you well know, because Belechick was not about to pay ANY QB the money that Bledsoe's contract called for. If Roger Staubach was the QB in NE, with the kind of contract numbers Bledsoe had at the time, Belechick would have replaced him too.
Brady had his ankle heavily wrapped and was limping (at times) in the SB. Brady didn't play in the 2nd half because the Pats never lost the lead in the game and they did not want to take a chance of injurying the leg further. Nothing interesting here, if the Pat's lost the lead, and with the poor play of Bledsoe in that game, I am sure he (Bledstud) would have been pulled and Brady put back in BUT that never happened.

You only have the second part half wrong. They were not going to pay Bledsoe that huge contract for the return they received. There was absolutely no ROI and the Patriots were a losing team with Bledstud at the helm (3-15). Why would the Patriots get rid of the great QB (as you claim) with 10+ years of NFL experience and keep a first year (essentially), sixth round choice as their starter?

They went with the superior QB and traded away their bench warmer. Don't you find it interesting that your hero was replaced by a rookie twice in his career? It speak volumes of the respect and thoughts they had for his football play.

I would suggest that you don't put Bledsoe in the same sentence as Roger Staubach, it doesn't belong.

dead guy said:
Arguing is all well and good, sbneff, but why must you compound your actual ignorance with feigned ignorance??
Who has feigned ignorance here? Why don't you refute my assertion then?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
:lmao2:

You sir, are too funny. Exactly how many people need to come into this thread to tell you that you are wrong before it sinks in?? And BTW, I for one think a kick in the balls would do you a world of good.
You're allowed to think that's what I need. Just like you're allowed to think Favre is "only slightly better."

You're wrong on both counts. Trust me when I say that isn't a revelation and no one will faint.

How many people have told me I am wrong versus how many people have said I'm right? Do you really want to load those scales up and see which way it tips? I count 3 of you who have tried, but haven't offered one shred of actual evidence showing that Bledsoe is in Favre's league career versus career.

If this was one of those things at the County Fair where you hit the pallet with a big sledge hammer and try to ring the bell the 3 of you put together couldn't get it above wimp. The efforts have been beyond weak.

Slyster

Benched
Reaction score
Why do you keep posting in this thread Hostile? You have been blown to bits to many times to count.

Favre was only slightly better than Bledsoe ( 1 SB to 0 ) and now he is worse. No ifs ands or buts to it. Its a fact.

sbneff

Reaction score
Slyster said:
Why do you keep posting in this thread Hostile? You have been blown to bits to many times to count.

Favre was only slightly better than Bledsoe ( 1 SB to 0 ) and now he is worse. No ifs ands or buts to it. Its a fact.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Slyster said:

I gave this advice to dead guy. I think you need it worse.

When the Q-tip starts hurting, stop pushing.

You want to impress me? Find me even one article (or quote) by a respected NFL source that agrees with you and dead guy that Brett Favre is "only slightly better" than Bledsoe for their careers.

I mean surely you can find one credible opinion if this is indeed true.

Good luck. You're going to need it.

Got nads enough to do some digging or will you lace panties your reply?

Slyster

Benched
Reaction score
I can tell you right now that you probably wont find any well known writer or expert saying that Favre was only slightly better than Bledsoe but that doesnt mean it wasnt so. Brett Favre has been on the better teams in his career. Bledsoe may not ever win a SB but depending on how long Favre plays he has a good chance to have some better numbers. Drew Bledsoe is in the same class as Brett Favre , Jim Kelly , John Elways and yes your beloved Troy Aikman. Super Bowls do not make a player good it just gets them recognized.

Everyone knows Favre has the media and most experts wrapped around his finger.

Whats the numbers on this poll again? You lost what this poll was about and now you are crying about it. Grow up and admit your defeat.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Slyster said:
I can tell you right now that you probably wont find any well known writer or expert saying that Favre was only slightly better than Bledsoe but that doesnt mean it wasnt so. Brett Favre has been on the better teams in his career. Bledsoe may not ever win a SB but depending on how long Favre plays he has a good chance to have some better numbers. Drew Bledsoe is in the same class as Brett Favre , Jim Kelly , John Elways and yes your beloved Troy Aikman. Super Bowls do not make a player good it just gets them recognized.

Everyone knows Favre has the media and most experts wrapped around his finger.

Whats the numbers on this poll again? You lost what this poll was about and now you are crying about it. Grow up and admit your defeat.
I wouldn't have chosen the lace panties response, but whatever blows your skirt up.

I told you from the get go the poll was invalid. Another poll was started and it turned out just like I said. Go figure.

No football expert will put Bledsoe in the class you just did. The reason, they aren't silly.

Dan Marino never won a Championship. He doesn't even have a ring as a backup QB. Find me one source that is a respected one that says Bledsoe is in his league.

Oops, forgot, that would be nadding up and you prefer lace.

Reaction score
Hostile said:
How many people have told me I am wrong versus how many people have said I'm right? Do you really want to load those scales up and see which way it tips? I count 3 of you who have tried, but haven't offered one shred of actual evidence showing that Bledsoe is in Favre's league career versus career.

I see 313 people who have said you are wrong and 59 who have said you are right. It's right up at the top of the page, there is even a bar graph to help people understand the degree to which Cowboys' fans would choose Bledsoe over Favre.

Now before you go twisting the facts, here is a quote of yours from earlier in this thread:

Hostile said:
The only reason Favre's career might be over is that he basically has nothing left to prove. If he decides to walk gently into that good night his legend is made.

Put them on the same team, any team in the NFL, right now. Favre would start over Bledsoe. I'd bet on it every time.

I proved to you that there is very little comparison between the two. Favre is and always has been superior.

So you see, it's really quite plain and irrefutably so -- you are wrong.:spanking: :tongue:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I see 313 people who have said you are wrong and 59 who have said you are right. It's right up at the top of the page, there is even a bar graph to help people understand the degree to which Cowboys' fans would choose Bledsoe over Favre.

Now before you go twisting the facts, here is a quote of yours from earlier in this thread:
I give no credence to this poll. I've made that clear. It is invalid. It requires assumptions that you've made that cannot be validated.

Referring to it only makes you look sillier in my eyes. There was another poll, with more options.How'd that go?

Feel the need to start your own? Want me to?

I don't care, but this one is just this side of lame.

dead guy said:
So you see, it's really quite plain and irrefutably so -- you are wrong.:spanking: :tongue:
Yeah, right.

I'll give you the same challenge I gave Slice or Stir. Find me one NFL expert's article or quote that backs up your contention. That will be nadding ti up.

Any other response will be lace panties and I'll be wondering about 2 of you instead of just one.. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but don't expect me to respect any answer that doesn't have something other than your worthless opinion attached.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
In his prime, Favre was much better than Bledsoe - to deny that is silly. I'm not now, nor have I ever been, a fan of either of these guys.

I think it is a given that Bledsoe is the better QB at the moment. But as far as the full career is concerned - please.

Bledsoe's teams have been to the playoffs 8 times - I have no idea why people seem to think that he has never had a team around him - come on!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
In his prime, Favre was much better than Bledsoe - to deny that is silly. I'm not now, nor have I ever been, a fan of either of these guys.

I think it is a given that Bledsoe is the better QB at the moment. But as far as the full career is concerned - please.

Bledsoe's teams have been to the playoffs 8 times - I have no idea why people seem to think that he has never had a team around him - come on!
I promise you, Bledsoe's teams have not been to the playoffs 8 times. 4 times.

I also think it is not a given Bledsoe is better at the moment. That is a matter of opinion.

Slyster

Benched
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:

Favre was better but certainly not much better. Closer to slightly than much.

Bledsoe is better than Favre now which is what this thread of about but Hostil is to much of a fool to see it.

Bledsoe did have a team around him but not a complete team. He had to carry those teams many times.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I promise you, Bledsoe's teams have not been to the playoffs 8 times. 4 times.

I also think it is not a given Bledsoe is better at the moment. That is a matter of opinion.

He has been in 8 playoff games is what I meant.

And come on Hos - Favre throws more INTs than Testaverde. 29 INTs can't be blamed on a bad team - that's bad decisions. For so many years he got along with that 'gunslinger' nature, now he's discovering what happens to most 'gunslingers.'