Quarterback Poll: Would you want Brett Favre as the starter in Dallas?

daniukid

Reaction score
I got flamed earlier when I made this suggestion last week...glad to see that it is an interesting possibility...and that some people seem to think that it may be a good option for us. I still don't know about how I think about it...but I like the discussions before the draft provides more discussion!

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
sillycon said:
There you go again.... It's stuff like this that just rub people the wrong way... I mean seriously, you'd cause others to secretly hope Bledsoe fails JUST TO SPITE YOU!

Exactly right. These obsessions are almost Norslike.

Slyster

Benched
Reaction score
I dont think Henson will start for Dallas at any point. The main reason I think they sent him the NFLE is to showcase him and then try to trade him for a draft pick.

I think Dallas will try and draft a QB next year to groom.

sbneff

Reaction score
on8thdayGodcreatedBledsoe said:
Guy, did you even read my response?? SCOTT ZOLAK WAS THE QB FOR THE PATS IN THE 1998 WILDCARD GAME! NOT BLEDSOE. So again, his playoff record is a winning 4-3. Geesh, this is too easy.
Actually, you are wrong again. Bledsoe was not the winning QB in the 2001 playoff game against Pitt. Bledsoe entered the game when the Patriots held the lead, so the game is awarded to Tom Brady as the winning QB.

You like to claim it belongs to Bledsoe, but if you watched the game you could easily argue that Bledsoe, except for the one drive that started at the Steeler's 40 yard line, did everything in his power to throw the game away.

I can still remember the infamous hook shot pass and two passes thrown directly to the Pitt defenders. It was classic Bledsoe and solidified his fate in New England.

The Zolack claim is true in that sense BUT I thought you said in an earlier post that the QB is only 1 of 52 players, yet you place blame on him?
Hypocrite you are....

sbneff

Reaction score
Belichick uses a system that requires the QB to do the exact opposite of what Bledsoe is best at.
You are correct here, Belichick's system requires the QB to think quickly and get the ball out fast; he also wants a QB who leads his team to victory.

That's 3-things that Bledstud can't do; there are many more.

sbneff

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
I could sit here and lists 100's of bums who have a superbowl ring, even plenty of former cowboys....
Oh PLEASE take the time. I'll help you, just list all of those QB bums who have a SB ring - and yes you can list Bledstud (since he has one by sitting on the bench as a back-up to a 2nd year, 6th round pick who has 3).

Reaction score
sbneff said:
Actually, you are wrong again. Bledsoe was not the winning QB in the 2001 playoff game against Pitt. Bledsoe entered the game when the Patriots held the lead, so the game is awarded to Tom Brady as the winning QB.

You like to claim it belongs to Bledsoe, but if you watched the game you could easily argue that Bledsoe, except for the one drive that started at the Steeler's 40 yard line, did everything in his power to throw the game away.

I can still remember the infamous hook shot pass and two passes thrown directly to the Pitt defenders. It was classic Bledsoe and solidified his fate in New England.

The Zolack claim is true in that sense BUT I thought you said in an earlier post that the QB is only 1 of 52 players, yet you place blame on him?
Hypocrite you are....

Now see Hostile, this is what I was talking about when I suggested that you check out some of this sbneff fellow's work over on buffalobills.com. He steadfastly begrudges Bledhero the victory he lead the Pats to after heroically coming off the bench, 4 full months after almost dying on the field, to lead the Pats directly downfield for the games decisive TD in the 2001 AFC championship game. I mean, you really have to tip your hat to that kind of spinning.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Now see Hostile, this is what I was talking about when I suggested that you check out some of this sbneff fellow's work over on buffalobills.com. He steadfastly begrudges Bledhero the victory he lead the Pats to after heroically coming off the bench, 4 full months after almost dying on the field, to lead the Pats directly downfield for the games decisive TD in the 2001 AFC championship game. I mean, you really have to tip your hat to that kind of spinning.
Why do I have to?

I told you I don't care. I have no stake in this sissy Drewpie vs. anti-Drewpie stuff. Never have.

All along all I have done is argue for a realistic view of the QB.

If someone tries to tell me that Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer are better QBs than Drew Bledsoe because they've won Super Bowls as starting QBs, I'm going to jump all over that theory just like I jumped all over yours that Favre is only "slightly better."

I don't have a hidden agenda or even an obvious one. I enjoy talking football. I prefer to talk it with people not blinded by their own agendas. When I sense that kind of myopia I set my feet and wade right in.

You got schooled on every turn. Deny it if you want to. Doesn't matter to me in the long run. Think I need more ammo if you wish. Again, doesn't matter to me. When someone with an agenda debates against someone who is unemotional about the subject it will often tilt in the direction of the unemotional.

That's right. I am unemotional about Drew Bledsoe as the starting QB in Dallas. I'm neither excited about it, nor discouraged by it. He isn't one of the all time greats. He's just a guy here to do a job. No different than Jason Fabini on the OL. If he does his job well, then great. If he doesn't do his job well, then I'll say it. If that chaps your butt I suggest talcum powder or hydrocortisone cream.

You can't educate me on how to better defend my own opinion. If I were you, I wouldn't try again. Ultimately that's your call. Heed the good advice, or ignore it like before and take your best shot again. I've never turned down the chance to school someone whose head is in a dark place and I won't start now.

To sbneff, no offense is meant by my total disregard of your opinion here. I simply don't find this anti-Bledsoe agenda any more interesting than their over the top, covered in syrup praise of him.

sbneff

Reaction score
Hostile said:
To sbneff, no offense is meant by my total disregard of your opinion here. I simply don't find this anti-Bledsoe agenda any more interesting than their over the top, covered in syrup praise of him.
No offense taken. I have my opinion and it's quite clear. Bledsoe is a good QB and not a great QB. I had the agony of watching him steer the Patriots for 9-years and watched his every move on the field.

When Bledsoe got the boot in NE, I knew the team would finally head in the right direction. Bledsoe's career numbers are so empty, it's amazing how Drewpies try to spin it.

I will say one thing, I've enjoyed reading your "schooling" of the Drewpies.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
sbneff said:
No offense taken. I have my opinion and it's quite clear. Bledsoe is a good QB and not a great QB. I had the agony of watching him steer the Patriots for 9-years and watched his every move on the field.

When Bledsoe got the boot in NE, I knew the team would finally head in the right direction. Bledsoe's career numbers are so empty, it's amazing how Drewpies try to spin it.

I will say one thing, I've enjoyed reading your "schooling" of the Drewpies.
Glad to hear it.

I enjoy the debates. Sometimes a little too much. They made it easy by taking an indefensible stance.

sbneff

Reaction score

Are you trying to say that Bledstud was awarded the victory in that game? Please produce the link indicating that fact. The Patriots NEVER fell behind in the game and Brady left with an injury after driving the team to the Pitt 40 yard line, with the lead in the game. I understand it hurts to know your hero is 3-3 in the playoffs, with 6 TD and 12 INT's, and a 54 QB-rating, not to mention the amount of sacks he accumulated.

It's simply 3-playoff wins in 14-years as a QB. That's pathetic for an elite QB (as you characterize him), it's poor for a good QB, and nothing to write home about for the bottom of the barrel QB.

Shall we discuss what he (Bledstud) has done against quality teams in his career?

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Why do I have to?

I told you I don't care. I have no stake in this sissy Drewpie vs. anti-Drewpie stuff. Never have.

All along all I have done is argue for a realistic view of the QB.

If someone tries to tell me that Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer are better QBs than Drew Bledsoe because they've won Super Bowls as starting QBs, I'm going to jump all over that theory just like I jumped all over yours that Favre is only "slightly better."

I don't have a hidden agenda or even an obvious one. I enjoy talking football. I prefer to talk it with people not blinded by their own agendas. When I sense that kind of myopia I set my feet and wade right in.

You got schooled on every turn. Deny it if you want to. Doesn't matter to me in the long run. Think I need more ammo if you wish. Again, doesn't matter to me. When someone with an agenda debates against someone who is unemotional about the subject it will often tilt in the direction of the unemotional.

That's right. I am unemotional about Drew Bledsoe as the starting QB in Dallas. I'm neither excited about it, nor discouraged by it. He isn't one of the all time greats. He's just a guy here to do a job. No different than Jason Fabini on the OL. If he does his job well, then great. If he doesn't do his job well, then I'll say it. If that chaps your butt I suggest talcum powder or hydrocortisone cream.

You can't educate me on how to better defend my own opinion. If I were you, I wouldn't try again. Ultimately that's your call. Heed the good advice, or ignore it like before and take your best shot again. I've never turned down the chance to school someone whose head is in a dark place and I won't start now.

I know you can ban me anytime you wish and I would like to have the option to continue to post here, but man, you are seriously dillusional.

You stated that Favre was better than Bledsoe right now and that if Bledsoe had ever had to compete with him for a job, no one would know who Drew Bledsoe was. When you started losing the argument you backpeddled all over the place, then posted a link to some unrelated poll, now your saying you think Bledsoe is good but you don't care.

Whatever makes you happy pal, just don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. I love how you act like the fact that YOU said you won makes it so. Take a look at the poll numbers at the top of the page. You did not win the argument, and you continue to be wrong. Again I will say, I am glad that JJ and Parcells are calling shots and not you.

sbneff

Reaction score
I know you can ban me anytime you wish and I would like to have the option to continue to post here, but man, you are seriously dillusional.

You stated that Favre was better than Bledsoe right now and that if Bledsoe had ever had to compete with him for a job, no one would know who Drew Bledsoe was. When you started losing the argument you backpeddled all over the place, then posted a link to some unrelated poll, now your saying you think Bledsoe is good but you don't care.

Whatever makes you happy pal, just don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. I love how you act like the fact that YOU said you won makes it so. Take a look at the poll numbers at the top of the page. You did not win the argument, and you continue to be wrong. Again I will say, I am glad that JJ and Parcells are calling shots and not you.
If the Patriots need a QB due to a major injury, I would take Farvre over Bledsoe without blinking an eye. In fact there are many QB's I would take over Bledsoe and only a few over Farvre. Even in his current situation he is "heads and heels" better than Bledsoe.

By the way, go re-read (and comprehend) the thread; YOU were schooled!!!

Still waiting on your link, did you give up on that too?

Reaction score
sbneff said:
If the Patriots need a QB due to a major injury, I would take Farvre over Bledsoe without blinking an eye. In fact there are many QB's I would take over Bledsoe and only a few over Farvre. Even in his current situation he is "heads and heels" better than Bledsoe.

By the way, go re-read (and comprehend) the thread; YOU were schooled!!!

Still waiting on your link, did you give up on that too?

Oh well, there you have it folks, sbneff said I was schooled, that must be what happened.

"Heads and heels"?? Is that even a known saying? Yes, he is soooo much better than Bledsoe. Why don't you be a good boy and show me the seasons in which Bledstud was anywhere near as bad as Favre was last year. One could split hairs on Drew's 1st and 3rd year being almost as bad, but since then he has never even come close to stinking it up the way Favre did last year.

sbneff

Reaction score
Oh well, there you have it folks, sbneff said I was schooled, that must be what happened.

"Heads and heels"?? Is that even a known saying? Yes, he is soooo much better than Bledsoe. Why don't you be a good boy and show me the seasons in which Bledstud was anywhere near as bad as Favre was last year. One could split hairs on Drew's 1st and 3rd year being almost as bad, but since then he has never even come close to stinking it up the way Favre did last year.
Still can't find a link? Decided to move on? Typical move on your part.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score

Your membership here isn't being threatened. Why are you worried about a ban? I've never banned someone for disagreeing with me. I ban people when they become insulting to others or threaten or simply prove to be a troll looking to start crap.

You got banned after post #1. What was it for? Do you remember? I do. You got real personal with sbneff. You gave me your word that you'd read the Guidelines and adhere to them and I gave you a 2nd chance. Though I suspect I'll end up regretting it, so far have you made anyone's poop list?

I haven't seen the thread in the Mod Zone where you were warned and are on the watch list. Your paranoia must stem from the fact you realize the agenda is troll like in nature.

Now let's revisit the topic and set you straight if you're capable of admitting anything.

My first post on this topic was #15 of this thread. Here's what it said in regards to my wanting Favre here.

Hostile said:
After Aikman and up to 2 years ago, I'd say yes. I greatly prefer him to Q, Hutch, Vinny, Leaf, Stoerner, Wright, and even Bledsoe.

This year, no unless it was his 3rd or 4th year here already. I say this and I still consider him one of the 10 best in the game right now. I don't want to keep starting over at QB. Eventually I want to move on to Aikman's long term successor. I still believe that will be Henson.
Is that plain enough for you dead guy? I said I wouldn't want Favre to be the QB here unless this was his 3rd or 4th year. I did say it would be fun to watch him and it would. The guy is one of the most exciting players to watch...ever.

5 posts later with post #20 you gave your 2 cents worth. In particular this line interested me.

dead guy said:
I personally don't think Favre has ever been more than slightly better than Bledsoe anyway
It was this utterly ridiculous statement upon which I raised my eyebrows.

I didn't comment on it right away. In post #26 of this thread I said this.

Hostile said:
There is no doubt about it, in the overall grand scheme of things Brett Favre is a superior QB to Drew Bledsoe. Anyone who doubts that is simply out of their mind. However, we're talking about past glory and him being able to replicate that here in a new system versus getting rid of a guy who is a bargain and is familiar with the coach.
Is it sinking in yet dead guy that you've misread everything I said and tried to assign your own interpretation to it because of your silly agenda? If it isn't sinking in I don't know what to tell you except that when the q-tip starts hurting quit pushing it in so far.

You seized upon my comment about Favre being superior in the grand scheme of things in post #30 of this thread. This began our little cuss and discuss. I'd venture to say you have no idea what the "grand scheme of things" means if it wasn't for this blurb to end that tragic post.

dead guy said:
In conclusion, Bledstudsoe rips all over Favre.
In case I didn't make myself clear enough to you yet, if you truly believe this then you are simply out of your freaking mind, or completely lacking in any grasp of the game.

I responded immediately to you in post #31 and told you that debating this with me was a bad move for you. You insisted and thus began your education.

In summary with regards to a comparison of the two of them career vesus career I procceded to show you that at every turn and in every category Favre has proven to be the superior QB.

In particular read posts #37 and #69. In every statistical category over their almost similar careers Favre has been superior. It isn't by small amounts either. The gap is as wide as the Grand Canyon.

He (Favre) did it coming out of nowhere, whereas Bledsoe was the overall #1 pick of the 1993 Draft. Bledsoe had the benefit of an already legendary Head Coach early. Favre's Head Coach was still trying to make his bones at that point.

Pick a stat dead guy, any stat, and we'll compare the two, career versus career. It'll shoot your "only slightly better" analysis all to shreds and I don't even want to comment on what it does to your "Bledsoe rips all over Favre" analysis because this is a family friendly forum.

I told you twice, make this the third time, you're out of your league. If you want to say this is me patting myself on the back go right ahead. Go with me to any forum where neither of us are known, let's duke it out over these facts and put it to a vote. You won't like the results. Luckily tissues are cheap.

Clearly I don't need sbneff or anyone else you feel inferior to, or intimidated by, or whatever it is you feel for him, to help me with your education. I've got a good enough grasp of the situation all by my widdle self. That is why I said I don't care what his opinions are. I don't need crutches to lean on, and as I already said, I don't lose debates to puppets.

Dandy Don Meredith (you probably don't know who he is) said it best "turn out the lights, the party's over. They say that all good things must end. Call it a night, the party's over."

There won't be a miracle comeback, you haven't got the ammo.

Reaction score
Well Hostile, if I didn't bother to read all that, you can bet nobody else did. I'm not going to bother to dig it up, but you did indeed say that you thought Favre was better than Bledsoe right now. Very few people would agree with that opinion.

I stand by my statement that Favre was never more than slightly better than Bledsoe. Both have two conference championship wins to their credit (despite what sbneff says). Favre has a ring of his own. Favre cleary enjoyed the support of far more talent over the years.

In fact, with all the yards and TD's Favre has passed for and all the times his team has made the playoffs, the fact that he has but 1 SB victory to his credit is cause to further question the validity of his reputation.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Well Hostile, if I didn't bother to read all that, you can bet nobody else did. I'm not going to bother to dig it up, but you did indeed say that you thought Favre was better than Bledsoe right now. Very few people would agree with that opinion.

I stand by my statement that Favre was never more than slightly better than Bledsoe. Both have two conference championship wins to their credit (despite what sbneff says). Favre has a ring of his own. Favre cleary enjoyed the support of far more talent over the years.

In fact, with all the yards and TD's Favre has passed for and all the times his team has made the playoffs, the fact that he has but 1 SB victory to his credit is cause to further question the validity of his reputation.
In other words, myopia wins over logic and facts in your mind once again.

Not something you should take a bow on BTW. It's a pretty sad eulogy on this mock opera.

Reaction score
Hostile said:
In other words, myopia wins over logic and facts in your mind once again.

Not something you should take a bow on BTW. It's a pretty sad eulogy on this mock opera.

First of all, where exactly did I take a bow??

Second, YOU are suggesting that someone not take a bow. The guy who pulls up an emoticon showing one smiley hitting another smiley with a baseball bat and finds a way to create arrows to each and labels the batter as yourself and the smiley being hit as me?????

And lastly, I accept your forfeit. Keen observers of the sport always knew Favre was overrated, now everyone knows. Well, almost everyone.

The year of the Studmuscle is upon us. With a mere flick of his Herculean wrist the ball shall sail skyward then descend in perfect rotation to the outstretched hands of T.O., Glenn, Witten, Crayton, JJ, and Loosecaca (is he still on the team?) for one balletic, heroic, epic touchdown after another. :toast2: