Quarterback ranking clarity

Status
Not open for further replies.

1942willys

Reaction score
No,
In his mind Dak will get two superbowls like Peyton.
unless there is pure luck involved Dak is not sniffing a SB
because he will choke

I was just pointing out that Dak looks great most of the time in the Regular Season like Peyton Manning did
but never really shows up in the playoffs or the SBs
Now to give credit to Peyton he was better earlier inhis career but when his arm began to die he really pretty much stank it up
that last SB when the Denver Defense did it all it was hard to watch him play I remember the last part of the game when he was trying to hold onto the lead; just sad

Now watching Dak choke was sickening but it is not quite the same

erod

Reaction score
cousins is not talented. he is an average QB, with average results. I don't understand people being enamoured with that failure.

Allen has great regular season but has failed in post season, except for the one covid year. that's why I don't put him at that level.
In this extremely weak league of quarterbacks, Cousins is pretty good. Sadly.

Minnesota is in the playoffs if he doesn't get hurt.

perrykemp

Reaction score
cousins is not talented. he is an average QB, with average results. I don't understand people being enamoured with that failure.

Allen has great regular season but has failed in post season, except for the one covid year. that's why I don't put him at that level.
Kurt Cousins is ranked 8th all time in NFL Passing rate with a 98.2. Therefore Kurt Cousins in the 8th best QB of all time.

;)

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
what's the next qb that we are going to make fun of just to try and prop the choke up with?

kskboys

Reaction score
The guy is being paid $52.5 million per year now. I suspect the LA Chargers would like him to “peak” now.
Going to be interesting to see how he does under Jim, especially if he's not having to run that QB killing O that KMo runs.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
In this extremely weak league of quarterbacks, Cousins is pretty good. Sadly.

Minnesota is in the playoffs if he doesn't get hurt.
then that speaks to the sad state of QB in NFL if cousins is pretty good. his results are worse than Dak, and if Dak isn't top 15, then cousins isn't top 15.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
He has a seething, visceral hatred for Dak Prescott. You don’t devote that percentage of posts and use that sort of language towards a player you merely dislike or believe isn’t good enough.
I don't remember which poster it was. I know it couldn't have been that mountain fella he was so annoying I ignored him. I'm not Dak's biggest fan, but that guy was just too much for me.

kskboys

Reaction score
then that speaks to the sad state of QB in NFL if cousins is pretty good. his results are worse than Dak, and if Dak isn't top 15, then cousins isn't top 15.
In rating QB's, once you get past the top 5-8 or so, there is often little difference between 9th and 15th. Rating is far from an exact science.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
what's the next qb that we are going to make fun of just to try and prop the choke up with?
you say that but lets be real, the real statement would be "Whos the next QB of the Cowboys we will blame for this 30 year drought" around here we prop up a GM who has clearly proven what he can do with good players and SB winning coaches over that span...how many chokers do you need to see set records before we shine the light where it needs to be shined?

kskboys

Reaction score
QB rating, considering everyone in their prime as the OP said:

1. Mahomes(DUH)
2. Burrows
3. Rodgers
4. Stroud
5. Herbert
6. Stafford
7. Purdy
8. Josh Allen
9. Lawrence
10. Russel Wilson
11. Goff
12. Lamar Jackson
13. Hurts
14. Carr
15. Tua

Note: IN THEIR PRIME

That means Rodgers and Stroud are both 28 years old. In a list of how they are right now, Rodgers may not even make the list, Wilson wouldn't, and Stroud wouldn't be near as high.

Oh, and big note: I LEFT DAK OUT BECAUSE HE RUINS THE CONVERSATION. HE IS EASILY IN THIS LIST OTHERWISE

kskboys

Reaction score
Sorry, meant to post disclaimer about Dak and I forgot. Old age!!!!!! Can't have a convo about top QBs unless you leave him out, as everyone will just start their mundane prattle about Dak.

khiladi

Reaction score
Now that the season has played out to the Super Bowl matchup now, in what order would teams WANT each QB to be their quarterback going forward?

Forget meaningless stats. Who would teams actually want to quarterback their team in 2024?

This is the approximate order I think they'd be taken for the 2024 season (not considering age):

1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Joe Burrow
3. Josh Allen
4. Justin Herbert
5. Jordan Love
6. CJ Stroud
7. Aaron Rodgers
8. Jared Goff
9. Brock Purdy
10. Matt Stafford
11. Lamar Jackson
12. Trevor Lawrence
13. Kirk Cousins
14. Tua Taigovailoa
15. Anthony Richardson

From the outside looking in, you'd still have Jalen Hurts, Deshaun Watson, Derek Carr, Baker Mayfield, Geno Smith, Dak Prescott, Kenny Pickett, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones, Bryce Young, Russell Wilson, Sam Howell...
I'd take Geno Smith and Mayfield over Tua. I'd take Wilson as well.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Sorry, meant to post disclaimer about Dak and I forgot. Old age!!!!!! Can't have a convo about top QBs unless you leave him out, as everyone will just start their mundane prattle about Dak.
You have derailed.

khiladi

Reaction score
Tua shouldn't be higher than Dak.

I watch Tua almost every week. Dude is smaller, worse arm strength and has faded in prime time games.
Not a mobile QB either.

Midway point I thought he was turning a corner but reality kicked in in the back half.
His release is way quicker, but he's garbage on the shorter and intermediate routes. I wouldn't want either of the two anywhere near my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.