Question for the "let's let Lawrence walk" crowd

Rayman70

Reaction score
When where prevented from signing someone

We gave Romo 108m. Dez 75m, Tron 97m, SLee 42m, TFred 60m. ZMartin 84m, Witten 40m, GHardy 13m, TCrawford 45m, OScan 32m, Carr 50m, Zeke 25m, LCollins 19m, DLaw 17m, Beasley 13m, Heath 12m, Bailey 20m
free agents.
I said all along DLaw should get 5/90m tops
we will see I guess.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Come now, are you suggesting Lawrence Welk isn't still relevant today?

Alas, I am not suggesting it, I am stating it as fact. Unfortunately, all of those blue hairs are mostly gone now, including my own. But they did love them some Lawrence Welk, back in the day.

I think I'm gonna send out this video to all the Lawrence Welk Blue Hairs that once made all of our lives, just a little bit better.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We won without aikman, but not without emmitt. We need zeke.
Different NFL then, my friend. The Cowboys were as high as 60% run in one SB season and 58% in another. Teams are lucky to approach 50% now and that's the pinnacle.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alas, I am not suggesting it, I am stating it as fact. Unfortunately, all of those blue hairs are mostly gone now, including my own. But they did love them some Lawrence Welk, back in the day.

I think I'm gonna send out this video to all the Lawrence Welk Blue Hairs that once made all of our lives, just a little bit better.

My how a Stratocaster and pyrotechnics pales compared to an accordion and bubbles.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Different NFL then, my friend. The Cowboys were as high as 60% run in one SB season and 58% in another. Teams are lucky to approach 50% now and that's the pinnacle.

Last year the Cowboys ran the ball 400 times and passed 542 times, 42% run/58% pass.

Zeke is still important, though, his running helps take some of the pressure off Dak, which he doesn't handle that well...

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
The “Let him walk crowd” is that same group of individuals that hangout in front of the local cafe with their black leather jackets and their tucked in white t-shirts and their slicked back hair and everytime I leave they go “ayyy buddy watch where ya walkin here you gonna get bamboozald by Mr. Jerry No-Good next time”.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last year the Cowboys ran the ball 400 times and passed 542 times, 42% run/58% pass.

Zeke is still important, though, his running helps take some of the pressure off Dak, which he doesn't handle that well...
According to NFL.com they ran 439 times and passed 527. Still heavier on the pass than in some years, but that’s probably because they played from behind more this past season.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
According to NFL.com they ran 439 times and passed 527. Still heavier on the pass than in some years, but that’s probably because they played from behind more this past season.

I got my stats from DallasCowboys.com, but the numbers are pretty close...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I got my stats from DallasCowboys.com, but the numbers are pretty close...
Odd they are different, in any case, in 2016 when the offense was so successful we actually ran slightly more than we passed (499-483). Same in 2014 (508-476). That’s when the Cowboys offense seems to be at its best.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Come now, are you suggesting Lawrence Welk isn't still relevant today?

:thumbup::starspin::thumbup:

" everybody swing "

* lol, I'll stop channel surfing on Sunday evenings to watch it once I come across it,,,er,,,and I don't really know why,other than it was pretty much mandatory viewing when I was a kido_O

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:thumbup::starspin::thumbup:

" everybody swing "

* lol, I'll stop channel surfing on Sunday evenings to watch it once I come across it,,,er,,,and I don't really know why,other than it was pretty much mandatory viewing when I was a kido_O
Yep, back when households only had one TV and the Mom and Dad dictated what the family watched. Not that there were a lot of channel choices ...

Prime21

Reaction score
Odd they are different, in any case, in 2016 when the offense was so successful we actually ran slightly more than we passed (499-483). Same in 2014 (508-476). That’s when the Cowboys offense seems to be at its best.

OLine needs to get back to 2014/2016 levels for us to run that much.