Question for those who saw entire game - Sam Williams observation

CWR

Reaction score
I honestly think I’m more excited about this class than the 2016 class.

Smith, Williams, Bland, Clark, Ferguson, Hendershot, Malik Davis, and sorta Turpin….good gravy man. That’s minimum 5 starters of the future and a special teams ace

And I still believe Tolbert will be a decent depth receiver a couple years from now

Turpin is such a threat. I'm excited every time they punt to him. He needs just a little blocking and space, then it's lights out.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What happened to Parsons, it said online that he got injured after they switched games on us. Anyone know what happened, is it bad, is he ok?
Micah had his left leg rolled over by an opposing Olineman. Game analysts first thought it was his left foot. Later was told it was his left knee that got injured. He came back into the game though. Hope he will be ok and able to play this Thursday.

jujoboys

Reaction score
much upside, the future is showing itself, Sam, Parsons, diggs, Armstrong, and possibly Clark as future pieces already in place,. hope Cox has the light come on soon but yes Sam looks hes got the Parsons Gene.

Cox was active yesterday and actually got to play. He got 3 tackles. Hopefully he can keep progressing.

conner01

Reaction score
Only TFLs I can find of him as a pro are
plays where he’s practically unblocked. I’ve been paying very close attention, but if you tape that shows otherwise, I’d love to see it.
Really???????

blueblood70

Reaction score
Cox was active yesterday and actually got to play. He got 3 tackles. Hopefully he can keep progressing.
Im saying where the game slows down and we see his college instincts and athleticism come back..play without thinking. maybe he hasnt trusted the injury yet, but we need him to get better...

irishline

Reaction score
What happened to Parsons, it said online that he got injured after they switched games on us. Anyone know what happened, is it bad, is he ok?

Looked like he got caught up in between players on a sack. He walked off under his own power. Came back in the game a few plays later and forced an errant pass with a QB pressure. So I would assume it was not much of anything.

Williams looked great, he keeps improving week after week. He hits with such aggression, its staggering at times to see.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Only TFLs I can find of him as a pro are
plays where he’s practically unblocked. I’ve been paying very close attention, but if you tape that shows otherwise, I’d love to see it.
did you have stroke typing that? seems like it..:rolleyes::eek:

cnuball21

Reaction score
Really???????

Yes, really.

The TFLs from the Lions game were basically unblocked and so was yesterday.

I’d love to be wrong but haven’t seen any plays of him actually getting off blocks against an OT and making a play on the RB. And yes, I watch every snap of every game.

conner01

Reaction score
Yes, really.

The TFLs from the Lions game were basically unblocked and so was yesterday.

I’d love to be wrong but haven’t seen any plays of him actually getting off blocks against an OT and making a play on the RB. And yes, I watch every snap of every game.
He destroyed the tackle on a couple plays

J-man

Reaction score
Dude is really good and getting better. I think DQ is working with him and keeping him in reserve for the payoffs, where he will unleash him.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Looked like he got caught up in between players on a sack. He walked off under his own power. Came back in the game a few plays later and forced an errant pass with a QB pressure. So I would assume it was not much of anything.

Williams looked great, he keeps improving week after week. He hits with such aggression, its staggering at times to see.
Ok, thanks- if it was something serious I would figure there'd be many threads on here about it and it would be all over the internet. Not being able to see what happened just makes me wonder what happened.

irishline

Reaction score
Ok, thanks- if it was something serious I would figure there'd be many threads on here about it and it would be all over the internet. Not being able to see what happened just makes me wonder what happened.

No worries my friend. Its what we are here for afterall. Happy Thanksgiving!!

Reactions: BAT

conner01

Reaction score
Which ones in the run game? On the sack sure, but what play specifically in the run game?

Or what play at all this year can we look at?
Watch the video in this post
He wasn’t unblocked, be blew by the blocker
He also takes on the tackle on the run play and spins back to make the play
He’s played really well
If you watch him even on plays he’s not getting to the QB he is getting pressures
He’s only played 24% of snaps

blueblood70

Reaction score
No but maybe you did seeing as you can’t write in complete sentences?

Show me how I’m wrong…
100% wrong , far too many great pays to even bother, too time consuming, Guys special , if you cant see that, you aren't watching closely. hes bullrushed his player into the qb, hes beat many OL to get to the qb,, again, you are on a lonely island, if you say you have not seen him do much,

Hes got obvious power, speed, and a high motor.

Reactions: BAT