Question for those who saw entire game - Sam Williams observation

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Sam has ability the other DEs don't have, and he already makes plays the RDE starter can't make. When does DQ turn up the reps for the rookie to increase his development and have 2 monster Edge rushers?
He played more snaps last night than DLaw.

conner01

Reaction score
Williams has been super productive for being on such limited snaps (only 21.5% of team’s total defensive snaps).

3 sacks
7 TFL
1 FF
2 FR
6 QB hits
A crazy thing about his TFL
Half of his tackles have been for loss which shows he’s getting penetration
And that’s with very limited snaps
I know Armstrong, Dlaw and Fowler are playing good but I’d find a way to get this kids more snaps

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Of course, since CBS pulled the game I missed the last 20 min or so. I was hoping Sam Williams would join in on the sack party but I see where he had 2 tackles for losses. Was it a fluke? Is it just me, but it seems that he has been surprisingly stout in run defense.
The Dude has really shown a LOT of potential.
I am really excited to see how he developes.

Reactions: BAT

DuceizBak

Reaction score
Sam looks a lot like a young DLaw. He is insanely powerful.
Going to be a monster.

He has way higher upside than Dlaw in terms of physical traits. He is crazy strong like D-law but also much faster.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
He blew one OG up so bad it was embarrassing. This guy has Charles Haley strength. I never seen a guy besides Galimore do that on our team. The guy was in the air 5 yards back. I felt sorry for him. That was a check your manhood move there. That he failed badly. Williams needs to play a lot more!!!!

krimson

Reaction score
Kept looking for him then when he finally showed up he had huge stops in the backfield on the same series.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Of course, since CBS pulled the game I missed the last 20 min or so. I was hoping Sam Williams would join in on the sack party but I see where he had 2 tackles for losses. Was it a fluke? Is it just me, but it seems that he has been surprisingly stout in run defense.
And here I thought we sucked at picking in the second round. Diggs and Williams, not bad.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Yea, Tank was playing through injury and it was a blowout.

This has nothing to do with him taking snaps away from him.
I was just responding to the guy who said Williams needs to play more. Not worried that he'll take snaps from Tank.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
The nastiness to his game reminds me of James Harrison a bit. Love how angry he plays. Dude’s gonna be a serious player it looks like.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He played 47% of snaps on defense. The most he has played this season.

Only Armstrong and Parsons played more snaps on the DLine than SW.

He was in the game early and played throughout.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes...he is very stout against the run and i have been saying he was good against the run since we drafted him.

He needs to play a lot more...i don't understand why thry don't play him more. He is a big part of the answer vs the run.
Sam has ability the other DEs don't have, and he already makes plays the RDE starter can't make. When does DQ turn up the reps for the rookie to increase his development and have 2 monster Edge rushers?
Quinn just did that.

SW with more snaps than Fowler and DLaw in the Vikings game.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He had one play where he chased the RB down from the back side unblocked.

I’m yet to see him actually get off blocks though and prove his scouting report wrong about his run playing ability. My guess is this is why he isn’t starting.
He played more snaps than Fowler and DLaw.

They held the Vikings to 73 yards rushing.

That's the 2nd lowest for the season in the game that he played about double the snaps of most previous games.

He played as a 3-4 DE on run downs in college. Most 3-4 DEs are 280+.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
A crazy thing about his TFL
Half of his tackles have been for loss which shows he’s getting penetration
And that’s with very limited snaps
I know Armstrong, Dlaw and Fowler are playing good but I’d find a way to get this kids more snaps

I like how they’ve been bringing Williams in to spell Micah on some pass rush snaps.

cnuball21

Reaction score
He played more snaps than Fowler and DLaw.

They held the Vikings to 73 yards rushing.

That's the 2nd lowest for the season in the game that he played about double the snaps of most previous games.

He played as a 3-4 DE on run downs in college. Most 3-4 DEs are 280+.

You understand Tank was playing through injury and the game was a blowout right? They took him out.

Strykerscm

Reaction score
He’s a more physical but slightly slower parsons.

add in clark if he can shine and you have 3 pieces of an lb/de core that can be a mess for 10 years