Question for those who saw entire game - Sam Williams observation

blueblood70

Reaction score
Watch the video in this post
He wasn’t unblocked, be blew by the blocker
He also takes on the tackle on the run play and spins back to make the play
He’s played really well
If you watch him even on plays he’s not getting to the QB he is getting pressures
He’s only played 24% of snaps
right, the more he plays , the more he will show up. Not sure what this dude isnt seeing. Hes not parsons but hes right there with obvious power, speed, and a high motor.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Watch the video in this post
He wasn’t unblocked, be blew by the blocker
He also takes on the tackle on the run play and spins back to make the play
He’s played really well
If you watch him even on plays he’s not getting to the QB he is getting pressures
He’s only played 24% of snaps

I did, and it’s making my point for me. The first play he was literally untouched and chased the ball down from the back side. The 2nd play he ran past a TE and chased it down from the backside. 3rd play was good - albeit against a backup LT bc Darrisaw was out. Almost every play I’ve seen him make against the run is just chasing the play down from the backside untouched or beating a TE that looks lost.

Yes good against the pass, but I haven’t seen anything that dispells his scouting report yet.

cnuball21

Reaction score
100% wrong , far too many great pays to even bother, too time consuming, Guys special , if you cant see that, you aren't watching closely. hes bullrushed his player into the qb, hes beat many OL to get to the qb,, again, you are on a lonely island, if you say you have not seen him do much,

Hes got obvious power, speed, and a high motor.

So you can’t show me…only “tell” me. Got it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So you can’t show me…only “tell” me. Got it.
why would i take time to go find videos from 11 games for YOU!! Go away troll.. go find me another handful of fans that agree with you, you wont, BYE BYE

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sam has ability the other DEs don't have, and he already makes plays the RDE starter can't make. When does DQ turn up the reps for the rookie to increase his development and have 2 monster Edge rushers?
Not one war daddy , two! lol nice future glimpse.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I would suspect they are trying to protect him from the rookie wall so he has something left late in the season.

good point. These guys also haven’t faced the constant level of competition of college vs pros.

No gimmie matchups

cnuball21

Reaction score
Williams has been super productive for being on such limited snaps (only 21.5% of team’s total defensive snaps).

3 sacks
7 TFL
1 FF
2 FR
6 QB hits

Yea, I mean you could argue he’s playing like a pro bowl “situational pass rusher.”

He’s earning more snaps and looking forward to seeing how he handles it down the stretch. Exciting young player.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Turpin is such a threat. I'm excited every time they punt to him. He needs just a little blocking and space, then it's lights out.

He certainly looks way faster than anyone not named Deion returning kicks for us

that said a lot shiftier than Deion.

Reactions: CWR

conner01

Reaction score
right, the more he plays , the more he will show up. Not sure what this dude isnt seeing. Hes not parsons but hes right there with obvious power, speed, and a high motor.
He’s probably never gonna be Micah but that’s fine with me. He has the potential to be a pretty special player. Watching his college film I seen the speed but the power he plays with was a surprise
I can’t imagine what he will be physically after a full NFL off season and what he can learn technique wise by next year. He could be the best pure DE prospect we’ve had since Ware

Reactions: BAT

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He’s probably never gonna be Micah but that’s fine with me. He has the potential to be a pretty special player. Watching his college film I seen the speed but the power he plays with was a surprise
I can’t imagine what he will be physically after a full NFL off season and what he can learn technique wise by next year. He could be the best pure DE prospect we’ve had since Ware
If we added a Pro Bowl caliber DE in the second round we’ve won.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He certainly looks way faster than anyone not named Deion returning kicks for us

that said a lot shiftier than Deion.
also notice few of those plays at the end he put his shoulder into defenders, I wasnt expecting his to have some attitude at his size. should be making business decisions but hes tough for small player. I was worried he would be a Tavon Austin type always dinged and hurt,

Reactions: BAT