Question re: Dak and greed

Proof

Reaction score
Not greed

a skewed over valuing of himself ie EGO..sure he should fight for all he can and the FO should fight to get the best deal BUT WHEN YOU SEE FAIR AND A HUGE DEAL IN FRONT OF YOU , BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF , TAKE THE FN DEAL.

its being talked about all over sports medias and most say the same thing he has to be crazy to turn down any deal north of 34 and north of 100 guaranteed..especially with the possibility of cap issues the next 2 seasons recovering from covid19 relayed losses in revenue..

his ego being fed by his agents friends and family are the bigger issue..he truly believes he one of the best 3 qbs(elite) and wants more then RW.thats crazy.. top 10, 12 at worst starting qbs should not have that big of ego..

if he passes this up plays on the tag , next season tag might be way less and his value way down worth a lower cap.

it can’t be, because it’s no longer just the top 5 avg it’s 20 pct or whatever more than the previous one. Unless I missed a change in the recent cba

Cowboys22

Reaction score
What he has been paid me and nothing to me. He came in as a 4th round pick and was paid as such. The reasons he was picked there are all on him so that argument goes nowhere with me. There are guys on every team every year outperforming their contract. It doesn’t make Dak special or owed something extra. It just means he has done well for himself and should now be paid equal to similar players. I don’t have any issue with Dak wanting the best deal he can get. Everyone of us would do the same. I simply don’t think he should be putting himself above Goff and Wentz. Wilson and Mahomes should not be part of the conversation. He has not earned that level yet. I have no problem with him trying but at the deadline, he has to budge some as well or he can play on the franchise tag this year and he would get the non exclusive tag next year if that is an option. I’d be willing to move on if he won’t negotiate reasonably. He will already be overpaid because of what the Rams and Eagles did. I certainly wouldn’t go beyond that for him.

pansophy

Reaction score
If Marcus Spears can go off and say he has never heard of a player turn down 100M guaranteed because of 1 year on the contract then I do have to wonder if he is getting bad advice.

On the other hand it isn’t costing Dak or the team that much right now to do nothing given the state of things. Ask me again in July.

Section446

Reaction score
Good for him for going for as much money as he can get, doesn't get more American than that.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know I know, I just couldn’t help myself despite the numerous Dak threads.

This really isn’t a question of what you think he should be paid, or what he deserves, more do you honestly think it’s just “greed” considering the (league relative) peanuts he played for for 4 years?

No matter what your opinion on him as a player or as your teams QB, there is NO argument that he massively outplayed his draft position and associated contract. Stepping in from day one as the starter and on through the present, he’s made roughly what we’re giving Dalton to the be the backup for a year. And he did it without a peep. There was never any holdout talk, any salary talk, any hint of bitterness or entitlement, just did his job and fulfilled the contract in full and without any drama around it.

With that said, I (personally don’t begrudge him for pushing for whatever he wants, because that’s the mechanics of the league in the same fashion the contract he previously received and honored. I’m just not seeing the greed.

Can't condemn Dak for wanting to max out on the cash payout that would be unamerican.
What I find amazing is only our goofball duo of Father and Son would actually offer any contract over what a back-up QB is paid to such an inept QB.
But hold them horses as the goofball duo might get this one correct....this time.
July the 15th is just around the corner....

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Marcus Spears can go off and say he has never heard of a player turn down 100M guaranteed because of 1 year on the contract then I do have to wonder if he is getting bad advice.

On the other hand it isn’t costing Dak or the team that much right now to do nothing given the state of things. Ask me again in July.
Of course $100 million guarantees are new over the last few years, so it's not as if there is a lot of history on this, plus we don't know how the other negotiations weny, plus none of the other players that got the $100 million guaranteed had to give in on that 1 extra year.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't condemn Dak for wanting to max out on the cash payout that would be unamerican.
What I find amazing is only our goofball duo of Father and Son would actually offer any contract over what a back-up QB is paid to such an inept QB.
But hold them horses as the goofball duo might get this one correct....this time.
July the 15th is just around the corner....
He's epter than you are as a poster. lol

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have the talent to win with any QB
giphy.gif

pansophy

Reaction score
Of course $100 million guarantees are new over the last few years, so it's not as if there is a lot of history on this, plus we don't know how the other negotiations weny, plus none of the other players that got the $100 million guaranteed had to give in on that 1 extra year.
I can’t think of someone who got 100M guaranteed for less than a 5 year deal. Not saying you are wrong, but can you remind me who?

Proof

Reaction score

Right. These guys got 4 yr extensions, Dallas wants him to take five or more at similar money and less guarantees (If the reporter numbers are true) than guys he’s had a better career than? Hard sell

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Define the word greed.

Show me where it is a bad thing.

Is a capitalist who creates a mega company which makes him hundreds of millions to billions of dollars a greedy man, even if he employees 45000 people which are well paid?

Forty million a year, what tax bracket does that put you in? How much does the agent take? What is the net net?

Regardless of the emotions attached to this issue, if everyone if being truthful, would one person here not try and get all they can get? And doing this, how does that make the player a bad guy?

Personally, the people who complain about the salary shield their envy by stating this ism for the team's cap.

It isn't at all, because it is usually followed by Dak isn't that good. Which makes it clearly envy.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I think anyone who turns down enough money to live very, very comfortably for the rest of his life, because he wants more is being greedy. Whether anyone can blame him for being greedy is a different matter. But unless he wants more money, just so he can give that much more to charity, it's greed. I don't see any other option.

If what is being reported is accurate then Dak should sign. He has not won anything and the Cowboys are meeting him halfway. Again, if it the reported numbers are accurate then I think he needs to do what is right and sign.

Remember we are the consumer who fund this system, so we also have a right to an opinion. After all we will be paying for these salaries.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
In these tough times for everyone, mostly, it may appear Dak is greedy, so I will try and cheer our fan base up with this..
The Covid-19 is alot like pasta. the Chinese invented it, while the Italians spread it. Have a Happy.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can’t think of someone who got 100M guaranteed for less than a 5 year deal. Not saying you are wrong, but can you remind me who?
Wentz and Goff both did. Remember they both still had a year left on their rookie contracts (which they finished out in 2019) and the 4 year extension with the $100 million guarantee doesn't actually kick in until this season. Russell Wilson's extension was also 4 years.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
When you factor in the amount of money the owners make, the players are worth a hell of a lot more.

cern

Reaction score
The dude has zero reason to sign anything until mid-July folks. Why can't so many of you get that?
For the same reason they think it's Jerry handling the negotiations. It's Stephen, who is far better at it than jerry.