Question re: Dak and greed

CWR

Reaction score
Dak isn't worth the money. Wilson isn't worth the money. No QB is worth the money. Its sort of a side point.

Never the less, you don't cut Dak you sign him.

There are qbs that clearly elevate their teams. When Peyton Manning got hurt and the Colts went from a 10 win yearly playoff contender to a 2 win, #1 overall draft pick it was a perfect illustration of how an elite QB can carry a franchise.

InTheZone

Reaction score
giphy.gif
lol dont confuse winning and winning the super bowl. I believe this quote was taken out of context, c'mon no one here is nbc news.

Bennie

Reaction score
Yep, Dak has massively proven the Dak trolls dead wrong.

And I don't really blame either party for the negotiation. But honestly, I would have liked to see Dak get this over with sooner. If the offer is 5 years at 35 million, he should have accepted that a week or two ago. Asking for more or being stubborn over one year so you can cash in early again seems greedy to me in a way.

He seems to hang out a lot with Zeke Idiot. Maybe he is rubbing off on him.

He hasn't proven anybody wrong. The guy is not a franchise QB. Last year with the NFC Least on the line he couldn't get us over the hump. He flat out sucks when it comes to being consistent. It's time to cut bait due to his inability to lift those around him. He wants all that dough but has to be carried! LOL, you Dak fanboys have been crying omg the rest of the team needs to step it up and carry him more. What's it going to be like when he is making 35+ a year? He isn't worth what he is asking for. I would rescind the tag and make it no exclusive. If some team out there is dumb enough to give a 1 or even 2 1st for him then run all the way to the bank with that robbery.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Good for him for going for as much money as he can get, doesn't get more American than that.

If you hung around here when Lawrence and Zeke were getting their deals done (and now Dak), you might question where we are.

Section446

Reaction score
If you hung around here when Lawrence and Zeke were getting their deals done (and now Dak), you might question where we are.
We've got a team of guys who aren't entitled, they're all championship caliber guys that have had nothing but success and rings their whole careers.

Verdict

Reaction score
I need a bat. I would like to beat on this dead horse too! Good job, OP!

InTheZone

Reaction score
LOL...…..we have talent to win with ANY QB?

Really? Because all you have been saying for 4 years now is that Dak isn't good enough and we need an elite QB.

Amazing how the narratives change whenever its convenient.

But this is the best line of your entire post:

and find the next man to run the offense

As if its that easy. Like its no problem...…...just move on. You talk of wallowing in mediocrity yet you want a path that probably certifies we will be there for who knows how long?

More mindless talk from a bitter troll that still cant get over how good Dak has become despite your prediction to the contrary.

We finally get rid of Garrett and now you want to tear the team down? Thank the heavens no one like you is anywhere near running this organization.
how's it so hard to read the literal next thing after you got perplexed? At no point did I say we can win super bowl with any qb, but what's so hard to believe we can win regular season games and be somewhat relevant with any other qb? It doesn't mean go out of your way to find a scrub to prove me wrong, get real guys.

pansophy

Reaction score
Wentz and Goff both did. Remember they both still had a year left on their rookie contracts (which they finished out in 2019) and the 4 year extension with the $100 million guarantee doesn't actually kick in until this season. Russell Wilson's extension was also 4 years.
But we won’t be extending Dak.

Flamma

Reaction score
I know I know, I just couldn’t help myself despite the numerous Dak threads.

This really isn’t a question of what you think he should be paid, or what he deserves, more do you honestly think it’s just “greed” considering the (league relative) peanuts he played for for 4 years?

No matter what your opinion on him as a player or as your teams QB, there is NO argument that he massively outplayed his draft position and associated contract. Stepping in from day one as the starter and on through the present, he’s made roughly what we’re giving Dalton to the be the backup for a year. And he did it without a peep. There was never any holdout talk, any salary talk, any hint of bitterness or entitlement, just did his job and fulfilled the contract in full and without any drama around it.

With that said, I (personally don’t begrudge him for pushing for whatever he wants, because that’s the mechanics of the league in the same fashion the contract he previously received and honored. I’m just not seeing the greed.

I'm not seeing the greed either, but what difference does it make if the end result is the same. I'll be honest, I don't care what he was paid over the last 4 years. I don't care if he worked for food and slept in a pickup for 4 years. Not my concern. That's his concern. But at the same time, if the cap was 400 million I don't care if they paid him 50 million a year with a 100 million dollar signing bonus. Again, not my concern. What I am concerned about is if a player negatively impacts the team. A couple of reasons behind Dak's thinking IMO.

1. Pride. You see this all the time with players. A player will go from a championship team to a 2-14 team because he felt he was being short changed a million or two. No other way to explain why you'd refuse 30 mil over long term and insist on more. You're set either way and your lifestyle isn't being affected. Literally no player gives a damn about the team. If it appears that they do, it's because they themselves rather play for that team or the location suits them.

2. His agent. He probably told his agent to handle it. Why else does he pay him?

AbeBeta

Reaction score

This really isn’t a question of what you think he should be paid, or what he deserves, more do you honestly think it’s just “greed” considering the (league relative) peanuts he played for for 4 years?

No matter what your opinion on him as a player or as your teams QB, there is NO argument that he massively outplayed his draft position and associated contract. Stepping in from day one as the starter and on through the present, he’s made roughly what we’re giving Dalton to the be the backup for a year. And he did it without a peep. There was never any holdout talk, any salary talk, any hint of bitterness or entitlement, just did his job and fulfilled the contract in full and without any drama around it.

With that said, I (personally don’t begrudge him for pushing for whatever he wants, because that’s the mechanics of the league in the same fashion the contract he previously received and honored. I’m just not seeing the greed.

Anyone arguing that a player is greedy needs to shut up.

Players aren't greedy.

Owners in the NFL get away with non-guaranteed contracts - unlike other sports.

Does any one call them greedy? No. Why? Gee I wonder why?

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Well, you can kind of see his side. If you've won one playoff game and most recently failed to get us in the playoffs in the worst division in football, and you have a chance to be the highest paid QB in the NFL on your terms, while negotiating with an owner who caves often...why not?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The latest leaked details of what he was offered are just market value. They are just disagreeing on the length of the contract. No greed involved.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Those that say Prescott is being greedy are the same type of people that say that if they won the lottery they would keep working. Even the people that have said that and won continue to work for about month until it sinks in that they can do all the things they always wanted to do but didn't have the money so they quit and enjoy life. It's also easy to judge others when it comes to their money and hold them up to standards they would in reality ignore if it was them.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

in what universe do we live in?
Bizarro World?
Coaches: "Oh he is almost average. We love to have the average. Let's pay him $40 mil. Average is good.