Question regarding Rico

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When we put him on IR tomorrow, is he gone for the whole year or 8 games? :huh:
It would be 8 games or they could leave him on longer.

If they had put him on IR yesterday (cut day) then he could not return but he would not have counted against the 53 man roster.

They can bring back two players from IR and they don't have to designate which ones up front.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You often say things that are not true and you need to stop spreading false information. If it's just your opinion that they won't waste an IR designation to return on Rico then include an "IMO". Otherwise it sounds like you are speaking as though you have factual information that you heard from some reliable source. I have heard the Cowboy's media guys talking quite a lot about the likelihood of the Cowboys using an IR designation to return on Rico so unless you have a source that knows otherwise, I believe the Cowboy's media guys over you. If he's going on IR it should happen some time today.
:hammer::hammer::hammer:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Duke Thomas is on IR, still waiting to see if Hitchens goes on IR. If he does, and Rico does, then which player does not return? If Thomas was going to make the team. Which I beleive he was. So this iR move was the reason to trade for a CB.

Maybe Rico is on the 53 and stays on the 53. Maybe is is fine by now, or by game 1.
Maybe Hitchens in fine in another 4 weeks, and both stay on the roster,

It's fluid, and nothing needs to be done now. Could keep all as is, and they would be inactive anyways. Focus on game 1, then go from there. No hurry to do a thing else this week.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
You often say things that are not true and you need to stop spreading false information. If it's just your opinion that they won't waste an IR designation to return on Rico then include an "IMO". Otherwise it sounds like you are speaking as though you have factual information that you heard from some reliable source. I have heard the Cowboy's media guys talking quite a lot about the likelihood of the Cowboys using an IR designation to return on Rico so unless you have a source that knows otherwise, I believe the Cowboy's media guys over you. If he's going on IR it should happen some time today.

This kind of attitude is what starts so many arguments...IMO.

Nobody is going to say IMO everytime they express an opinion...IMO. Every other line, or more, would have IMO...IMO. People just need to use more common sense...IMO.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I don't think he will play much this year barring injury to the other three. I would be fine stashing him for the year

Swanny

Reaction score
Did you not see the TD's in multiple games he had before he got hurt or has the few weeks he's been hurt allowed you to forget about that? He was flat out balling before the concussion so that's why they would want him back off IR at some point in the season. Like the terminator... he'll be back!!!
If only TDs in pre season meant something. The guy still has a Ton to learn about football I'd prefer to redshift him again this year if possible. Once guys come back from suspension we will need the roster spots

TheHerd

Reaction score
This kind of attitude is what starts so many arguments...IMO.

Nobody is going to say IMO everytime they express an opinion...IMO. Every other line, or more, would have IMO...IMO. People just need to use more common sense...IMO.

A teacher of mine commented this same point in one of my papers. "You wrote it, I know it's your opinion."

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If only TDs in pre season meant something. The guy still has a Ton to learn about football I'd prefer to redshift him again this year if possible. Once guys come back from suspension we will need the roster spots
Clearly there is nothing Rico could have done to make your 53 man roster. Not every one agrees with you, and it's obvious people that matter don't agree with you. TDs, even in the preseason mean enough to get you noticed... It's not like they mean nothing. The guy does have a ton to learn about football but that shouldn't keep him off the 53 man roster. I'm okay with him being inactive and not on the 46 gameday roster just as long as he is making steady progress in practice and in the TE study room. Maybe I just value his potential more than you do. He's a huge target downfield that is hard to stop.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
A teacher of mine commented this same point in one of my papers. "You wrote it, I know it's your opinion."
Same thing happened to me in college... and I made the point to rebut, not everything I write is only my opinion, sometimes I repeat facts I've heard outside myself.

Swanny

Reaction score
Clearly there is nothing Rico could have done to make your 53 man roster. Not every one agrees with you, and it's obvious people that matter don't agree with you. TDs, even in the preseason mean enough to get you noticed... It's not like they mean nothing. The guy does have a ton to learn about football but that shouldn't keep him off the 53 man roster. I'm okay with him being inactive and not on the 46 gameday roster just as long as he is making steady progress in practice and in the TE study room. Maybe I just value his potential more than you do. He's a huge target downfield that is hard to stop.
He makes my 53 only because I don't want to lose the potential the guy could be great. But now that there is a way to keep him and not count towards the 53 I thinks it's a great opportunity to keep him stashed on IR all year. I think another red shirt year would be great for him. But yes we will never know if he can play until he actually play a in a real game. I think it would be hard to get Rico to be active on game days. Having 4 active TEs on game day would mean we are running lean somewhere. Rico Would be used strictly as a redzone target where as Swaim and Hanna can be used as receivers and Blockers. I just don't see Rico really getting an opportunity until he learns how to block and I think with another redshift year it will do him wonders.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me in college... and I made the point to rebut, not everything I write is only my opinion, sometimes I repeat facts I've heard outside myself.

We think alike sir. I said the exact same thing.

He responded facts are factual statements and can be either true or false, but opinion or value statements are just opinions. The problem on this site is people post statements which are factual, but often not true. Opinions are never true (or false) they're just opinions.

haleyrules

Reaction score
He makes my 53 only because I don't want to lose the potential the guy could be great. But now that there is a way to keep him and not count towards the 53 I thinks it's a great opportunity to keep him stashed on IR all year. I think another red shirt year would be great for him. But yes we will never know if he can play until he actually play a in a real game. I think it would be hard to get Rico to be active on game days. Having 4 active TEs on game day would mean we are running lean somewhere. Rico Would be used strictly as a redzone target where as Swaim and Hanna can be used as receivers and Blockers. I just don't see Rico really getting an opportunity until he learns how to block and I think with another redshift year it will do him wonders.
Seems to make the most sense. The IR was a blessing in disguise.

joseephuss

Reaction score

How does he learn how to block on IR? He needs to do that on the field. He needs practice reps. Sure film room study can do wonders, but making his body do the movements is what he really needs.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We don't disagree much, the only thing is I see him getting healthy and being useful this season.