Question regarding Rico

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
seems like a catch 22.....how would he become more NFL while on IR being he can't practice, etc?

He won't but this move would allow Dallas to keep him and Rico could further develop at next years mini-camps and such. That would all but guarantee him a roster spot in 2018.

I don't know what they are going to do but there is no way he goes to the IR for a concussion, there are ulterior motives in play.

Reaction score
He won't but this move would allow Dallas to keep him and Rico could further develop at next years mini-camps and such. That would all but guarantee him a roster spot in 2018.

I don't know what they are going to do but there is no way he goes to the IR for a concussion, there are ulterior motives in play.
I gotcha.....seems like a long time though for him to learn how to become a complete NFL football player. Maybe by his 2nd contract he'll be ready

haleyrules

Reaction score
The Cowboys clearly see potential in Rico as an NFL player or they wouldn't have wasted a roster spot on a guy who won't be able to play for much of the season.
I thought he was headed to the IR and the roster spot was used so they can recall him at some point? He is most certainly in the Cowboys plans considering what they paid him last yr.

T-RO

Reaction score
I thought he was headed to the IR and the roster spot was used so they can recall him at some point? He is most certainly in the Cowboys plans considering what they paid him last yr.

Yup. The Cowboys invested a little extra money last year. But their evaluation must have been bumped up with what they saw in the past few months.

Those roster spots are gold...and they used one for a player that won't be able to immediately help. They believe in Rico.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
It's actually worse, they are doing this so they can add Kellen Moore...

You mean there is a chance Kellen Moore will actually clear waivers? I have been sweating bullets and got my fingers crossed no one snatches him up. When will the wait finally be over.

Kellen Moore needs to stay on the PS. That way he can still contribute with preparation and be an emergency insurance policy.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
If that were true, then they would have put him on IR yesterday which would not require using a roster spot on him.
Why waste a designation on a guy that will be inactive on gameday? Unless swaim or hanna goes down, Rico will sit.

Swanny

Reaction score
I'd rather Rico get practice reps and maybe line him up in a few packages than banish him to IR for half the season, so we can keep a high school level QB, unless he is truly injured.
I'd agree if it came down to Moore or Rico. But there will be harder roster moves to make when the time comes. We have a few guys coming back from suspension that will need to take up a roster spot

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
You often say things that are not true and you need to stop spreading false information. If it's just your opinion that they won't waste an IR designation to return on Rico then include an "IMO". Otherwise it sounds like you are speaking as though you have factual information that you heard from some reliable source. I have heard the Cowboy's media guys talking quite a lot about the likelihood of the Cowboys using an IR designation to return on Rico so unless you have a source that knows otherwise, I believe the Cowboy's media guys over you. If he's going on IR it should happen some time today.
So dumb. Use some common sense. If you can't decipher what an opinion looks like then go back to your coloring books.
You hold a lot of insane opinions. Every topic that you respond to comes off like you are the most uninformed person on the forum and that is saying a lot.
Next time you should try to debate me on my "insane opinions"... You would get dunked on. The cowboys aren't going to use an IR designation on Rico unless one of our top 3 tight ends get hurt. You don't carry 4 active tight ends on gameday I shouldn't have to educate you on how this all works. If you come at the king, you best not miss.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
They've already used a spot on the initial 53 on him. They could have put him on non-return IR and saved a spot on the initial 53.
So this way, if one of our top 3 tight ends go down, we can then bring Rico back. That's the only way I see them using it on him.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Witten is one of the best Cowboys in history and I love how you want to push him out the door. He may not be a tight end that stretches the field regularly , but he's still a productive player that continues to get open on 3rd down.

Another Risen victim.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It seems like the only thing that can stop Rico is the Cowboys themselves.

What are they doing? Gets this playmaker on the field.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
So dumb. Use some common sense. If you can't decipher what an opinion looks like then go back to your coloring books.

Next time you should try to debate me on my "insane opinions"... You would get dunked on. The cowboys aren't going to use an IR designation on Rico unless one of our top 3 tight ends get hurt. You don't carry 4 active tight ends on gameday I shouldn't have to educate you on how this all works. If you come at the king, you best not miss.
Crazier than TT. I bet you are about 5'8" tops. Talking about dunking on someone. :muttley:Dunking on someone figuratively is the only way you could ever imagine dunking on anyone. Alas, your small hands and small bizarre opinions seems to always cause you to miss even virtual dunks.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Which is utterly stupid of them.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So this way, if one of our top 3 tight ends go down, we can then bring Rico back. That's the only way I see them using it on him.

There are many other ways it could happen.

When Elliott issues resolved, they won't need 4 RBs.

The new CB probably a short term solution until others healthy. They have 6 CBs but normally just carry 5.

Injuries often open up roster spots.

They will want him to get some experience and he can't practice while on IR. He has a much higher ceiling than Hanna/Swaim.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Crazier than TT. I bet you are about 5'8" tops. Talking about dunking on someone. :muttley:Dunking on someone figuratively is the only way you could ever imagine dunking on anyone. Alas, your small hands and small bizarre opinions seems to always cause you to miss even virtual dunks.
You can't even debate me on the topic so you resort to ad hominem attacks. Google that term. If you have to make things personal, well then you've already lost the debate.

You've been dunked on.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
You can't even debate me on the topic so you resort to ad hominem attacks. Google that term. If you have to make things personal, well then you've already lost the debate.

You've been dunked on.
I don't debate trolls. Trolls are to be mocked and shamed. Spouting nonsensical crap is not debating.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Better yet I'll do as most everyone else does around here and just consider the source when reading your post and know it's just flat out wrong. :laugh::lmao::lmao2: Run along little boy. :D

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Why waste a designation on a guy that will be inactive on gameday? Unless swaim or hanna goes down, Rico will sit.
Being designated to return doesn't happen when put on IR. They have 8 weeks to make that decision so if he's not one of the two most important players to get back on the active roster at the end of 8 weeks, he can stay on the IR.