Twitter: Quincy Carter not a fan of Romo, but wishes him the best

MarkP88

Reaction score
Somewhat off topic, but anyone who has ever doubted Bill Parcells' coaching greatness just needs to remember he took a team QB'd by Quincy Carter to the playoffs. Yeah, we got rolled by Carolina. But just getting there with this knucklehead was a miracle only he could have pulled off.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Technically, Tony Banks stole the job from Quincy but Romo was on the roster. Testeverde was not good enough, and Bledsoe was the QB when Romo stole it from him. So, this happens all the time in sports history. When I say hate, I'm not talking about hate hate, but like Football hate. A strong dislike for the person that ran with your job.

Stop digging dude. You'll have plenty more chances to sound like an idiot

T-RO

Reaction score
I'm so sure Romo's going to come out and say, F that, I hate the guy. He's not going to do that because he's a professional and he's courteous. But you can believe what you want, Dak's dissed him before in the past on twitter, then comes through and steals his job fair and square, I don't think Romo cares for Dak, which is understandable.

You are projecting your own feelings a ton in this thread...scatter-shoot suspicion and accusation all over the place.

I'm glad that Tony and Dak are handling themselves and their relationship with more good faith. They seem to get along quite well by all accounts and in their body language as well.

T-RO

Reaction score
You guys should know me by now, I don't sugar coat anything. Quincy was a sorry QB but he was the QB and Romo stole the job from him. TO hates Romo (secretly) because Romo was the reason he was kicked out of Dallas. Bledsoe hated Romo because Romo stole the job from him & Quincy. Now Romo hates Dak because Dak took his job, not hate as in I want to kill you hate, but football hate. And guess what? One day Dak will hate another guy because he'll steal the job from him. This is how it always goes.

Can you name a quarterback that T.O. didn't assassinate? What does he have to do with this discussion?

Your evidence that Romo "hates" Dak is that he wanted an open competition to win his job back? Bro take a step back and look at yourself.

Your words are divisive and ungrounded. No need for the word "hate" in reference to current Cowboy players.

erod

Reaction score
Quincy is the definition of Jerry the GM.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Can you name a quarterback that T.O. didn't assassinate? What does he have to do with this discussion?

Your evidence that Romo "hates" Dak is that he wanted an open competition to win his job back? Bro take a step back and look at yourself.

Your words are divisive and ungrounded. No need for the word "hate" in reference to current Cowboy players.
I never said it was fact, it's just my opinion. Romo's body language in the speech he gave was one of resentment. His body language in his recent press conference is the same. In the past when Romo would win a game, his body language was totally different than the one's he presented lately. You guys act like he's god, he's a human. And I know for a fact that I would not like the guy who took my job, but that's me.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Tony is like many people who are bound by a set of rules, morals, ethics, etc., that restrain them from giving place to their true, baser feelings. He maintains a respectful relationship with Dak because he knows that despite what he feels or what he wants, the CAUSE (in this case the Dallas Cowboys organization and goal to win a Super Bowl) is bigger than he is and because there's more to life than football (even though people castigated him when he said that a few years ago after a loss).

But rest assured, if ego exists in his body (as it does in all of us) and he's a competitor, Tony Romo is not happy that Dak has HIS job. He has said as much in the nicest way he possibly could.

And I commend him on how he has handled himself.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I thought that Jerry pulled the trigger on Quincy way too early, he saw QBs that were successful and just lost it. IMO, Quincy should never have been the QB for the Cowboys. Doesn't deflect from the fact that he was treated badly mainly because of things outside of his QBing, prior to being caught with drugs.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Tony is like many people who are bound by a set of rules, morals, ethics, etc., that restrain them from giving place to their true, baser feelings. He maintains a respectful relationship with Dak because he knows that despite what he feels or what he wants, the CAUSE (in this case the Dallas Cowboys organization and goal to win a Super Bowl) is bigger than he is and because there's more to life than football (even though people castigated him when he said that a few years ago after a loss).

But rest assured, if ego exists in his body (as it does in all of us) and he's a competitor, Tony Romo is not happy that Dak has HIS job. He has said as much in the nicest way he possibly could.

And I commend him on how he has handled himself.
The guy is pure class, but he's human.

T-RO

Reaction score
The best selling uniforms in the entire country are
I never said it was fact, it's just my opinion. Romo's body language in the speech he gave was one of resentment. His body language in his recent press conference is the same. In the past when Romo would win a game, his body language was totally different than the one's he presented lately. You guys act like he's god, he's a human. And I know for a fact that I would not like the guy who took my job, but that's me.

You are the only person I've heard that heard Romo's speech and called it angry. I've heard "humble" "classy" "deferential" "team-building" How is it that you see something insidious and malevolent? There is very consistent pattern in your posts and attitudes.

You are injecting hate (your word) and racism into everything and everyone. Do you know who ranks #1 and #2 nation-wide for uniform sales? Dak and Zeke. Do you know why? Because a whole lot of white, black and hispanic Cowboy fans are buying those uniforms! I know far more white fans who support Dak for quarterback, despite the fact Tony has been a repeat all-pro player.

If you want to talk about racism maybe you should start by looking at your own heart.

Darkhound

Reaction score
He as a disgrace of a QB.. if my memory serves me well.. almost all of his passes were aweful spirals...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The best selling uniforms in the entire country are

You are the only person I've heard that heard Romo's speech and called it angry. I've heard "humble" "classy" "deferential" "team-building" How is it that you see something insidious and malevolent? There is very consistent pattern in your posts and attitudes.

You are injecting hate (your word) and racism into everything and everyone. Do you know who has ranks #1 and #2 for uniform sales? Dak and Zeke. Do you know why? Because a whole lot of white people are buying those uniforms!

If you want to talk about racism maybe you should start by looking at your own heart.
You can come at me anyway you want, but I'm telling you that when he gave his speech, he sounded and looked dejected. Is it because he had a bad sandwich or his wife slapped him that day? I'm not sure, but I'd suggest otherwise. The guy just lost his freaking job for goodness sake. Is he supposed to go out and pick flowers or sing happy birthday because he lost his job? He didn't even have a competition for the job, he just lost it due to injury and the other guy just playing lights out.

I know you probably don't know a lot about psychology but you can read body language if you are in-tuned to things like that, I do it all the time. He could have been upset at himself, or Jason Garrett or Jones, but at the end of the day, Dak is the guy with his job.

And as far as Quincy was concerned, and I won't really get into this because this isn't the appropriate forum for this type of language, but there are a lot of people out there, even today, that aren't sold on Black QBs... I for one am not one of those people.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Quincy just answered my question, he just gave me an Uncle Rico reference! That's awesome!

yeZw4Ky.png
No doubt in mine either.......

http://i636.***BLOCKED***/albums/uu87/jdjohnston1960/qcnflchains_1.jpg