Quincy Carter story Monday on NFL Network

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Hostile;1493506 said:
He could just as easily have knocked the man to the ground and kicked him in the head until he killed him.

Which is what happened in the time before firearms .... the biggest and strongest took what they wanted, when they wanted it ...

silver

Reaction score
only a qc thread would get 17 pages. wow!!
did i miss anything?? who got banned? is qc still smoking the green stuff?
i'm not gonna read the whole 17 pages right?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
silver;1493519 said:
only a qc thread would get 17 pages. wow!!
did i miss anything?? who got banned? is qc still smoking the green stuff?
i'm not gonna read the whole 17 pages right?

Well now people want us to take all guns away from Police and Military ..... they shall be replaced with Hocky sticks in Speilberg E.T. fashion ......

;)

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Hostile;1493506 said:
No, I don't agree. I go skeet shooting all the time. No killing involved. I go target shooting with rifles and pistols. No killing involved.

Your example is a TV show first of all, unless I missed some story, and 2nd of all it is still the mind behind it. He could just as easily have knocked the man to the ground and kicked him in the head until he killed him.

Well duh, of course it's a tv show.

It is still far harder to kill a guy by knocking him down and kicking him than shooting him.

Gun activists always deflect the argument away from the gun as if it is some noble beast that needs protecting.

You know as well as I do guns were created for one purpose, to kill. The fact you use your's for target practice or shooting pieces of metal/clay does not change the original purpose.

As for Zrin's argument that without guns the biggest and meanest control things, um they still do as they are the ones with the biggest and meanest guns.

The US is the most powerful country on Earth because it has the biggest and baddest guns/weapons.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1493524 said:
The US is the most powerful country on Earth because it has the biggest and baddest guns/weapons.

Well now I know what this is all about ...... sigh .......

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hmm...maybe it is time for some to chill out in the thread.

Do we need to go from QC, to calling people bigots, to meriweather to gun control and now going into the area of politics or countries?

How bout toning it down some or just walking away.

:starspin

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1493524 said:
Well duh, of course it's a tv show.
Then I fail to see why you would use it to support your stance. Unless you are telling me that your stance is only a fantasy just like the TV show.

It is still far harder to kill a guy by knocking him down and kicking him than shooting him.
Last time I checked dead is still dead.

Gun activists always deflect the argument away from the gun as if it is some noble beast that needs protecting.
Maybe that's because the blame needs to rest on where I said it does, the minds behind the guns. The minds behind the airplanes, not the airplanes themselves. The mind behind the Oklahoma City Bombing, and not the rental truck, the diesel fuel, or the fertilizer.

You know as well as I do guns were created for one purpose, to kill. The fact you use your's for target practice or shooting pieces of metal/clay does not change the original purpose.
Guns were created to feed familes, protect them, and more than just kill.

As for Zrin's argument that without guns the biggest and meanest control things, um they still do as they are the ones with the biggest and meanest guns.

I wouldn't have it any other way. The United States being the biggest and baddest has stopped more wars than we have ever been involved in. No one wants to mess with the sleeping giant and face his terrible resolve. No one will invade Canada because they aren't going to march through the US to do it and we won't do it. Call us awful, but thank us for the chance.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1493537 said:
Hmm...maybe it is time for some to chill out in the thread.

Do we need to go from QC, to calling people bigots, to meriweather to gun control and now going into the area of politics or countries?

How bout toning it down some or just walking away.

:starspin
Fair enough and good advice. I will give others the last word unless they want to PM me.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Hostile;1493551 said:
Then I fail to see why you would use it to support your stance. Unless you are telling me that your stance is only a fantasy just like the TV show.

Last time I checked dead is still dead.

Maybe that's because the blame needs to rest on where I said it does, the minds behind the guns. The minds behind the airplanes, not the airplanes themselves. The mind behind the Oklahoma City Bombing, and not the rental truck, the diesel fuel, or the fertilizer.

Guns were created to feed familes, protect them, and more than just kill.

I wouldn't have it any other way. The United States being the biggest and baddest has stopped more wars than we have ever been involved in. No one wants to mess with the sleeping giant and face his terrible resolve. No one will invade Canada because they aren't going to march through the US to do it and we won't do it. Call us awful, but thank us for the chance.

It seems to me our natives survived for many years without guns, they fed their families, protected themselves.

It is clear that gun enthusiasts will never admit their little piece of metal is evil because by definition that would mean they like evil.

For whatever reason, Americans seem to be the only people around who care passionately about guns. Not sure why that is the case. People in Europe don't care about guns, Japanese don't care, Canadians don't care. Maybe it goes back to the fact your country was created by revolution and the violent overthrow of your government through a war. Then again, France isn't in love with guns and its republic was created when they cut off Louis XVI's head.

You can blame the person behind the gun all you want but it is undeniable that the gun assists those that have not evolved over the last 4 million years to do their dirty work. Without the ease with which most Americans (and Canadians because we have had school shootings as well) can get guns, you would not have had Columbine, Va Tech, Georgia, the Amish, Ecole Polytechnique, Dawson College in Montreal, Taber Alberta etc. They simply would not have happened. The gun assisted the killer AND ensured far more were killed than could have been before.

You are also comparing apples and oranges when discussing planes, rental cars and fertilizer. The fact those items were turned into killing agents is not the same as a gun given the car, plane and fertilizer were not created to kill unlike a gun.